My goals for the next two seasons Topic

Hi guys, I have set kinda two goals I wanna reach and I schedule a preety weak non conference schedule for next season.

1. Make the Pti next season.
2. Win the Pti championship or possible make the national torunament.

I have all players returning this season, I have three seniors on the team, three juniors, five sophomores , and one freshman. A 3/3/5/1 structure, so now that I think about it my goals will strech over the next three seasons. Which is even better for me I can make the pti for the next three seasons.

Hopefully make the national tournament when the five sophomores become seniors. Then its a rebuild and i'm going a all gaurd lineup since I play and fastbreak/press offense defense. My question is, is my goals unrealistic or is it realistic for my team? Chowan Allen World 6
5/12/2016 12:55 PM
Tell Tony and Wilbon I said hi.
5/12/2016 1:12 PM
I don't see that team competing for a PIT title and I definitely don't think an NT appearance is possible until your FR are SR's. It looks like you did a much better recruiting job with that bunch then the previous groups.

- Walter Mann shouldn't even be allowed on the squad as a walkon.
- Larry Barrett should have been cut - you can easily find better players at D3.
- Heiden is terrible ATH/SPD and DEF, I can't believe you would recruit him in the press.
5/12/2016 1:32 PM
It's good to have goals, Coach. Keep it up.
5/12/2016 1:36 PM
If that's your goal you should cut as many of those guys as possible (with the exception of McKinney and coriell)
5/12/2016 1:37 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 5/12/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
If that's your goal you should cut as many of those guys as possible (with the exception of McKinney and coriell)
But that's a negative step and it'll put me into another rebuild. I can't afford to do that with this team..
5/12/2016 1:54 PM
Posted by Benis on 5/12/2016 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Tell Tony and Wilbon I said hi.
Whose Tony and Wilbon?
5/12/2016 1:56 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/12/2016 1:54:00 PM (view original):
But that's a negative step and it'll put me into another rebuild. I can't afford to do that with this team..
Those players aren't really building blocks.
5/12/2016 1:58 PM
Again I can't afford to put myself into another rebuild. I just got out of one.
5/12/2016 1:58 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/12/2016 1:54:00 PM (view original):
You just went 0-26. You need a rebuild.
5/12/2016 2:08 PM
Your goal is unrealistic.
5/12/2016 2:28 PM (edited)
I have had 2 PIT championships in my 6 seasons at Rutgers at Newark
this is one I had last season
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/archive/Roster.aspx

here is one from a few seasons ago

do you think you are on par with these teams? I sure don't think you are, I don't think a PIT championship isn't as easy as you think it is

this is is a PIT first round exit team

i don't think you will be at that level in the next couple seasons, but prove me wrong.
5/12/2016 2:30 PM
I think I remember you saying you have some kind of tie to Chowan, but you may want to consider leaving that school. Competing in a human filled conference is fun and it is beneficial having all that post season cash but it is also difficult competing with those coaches for the recruits. Moving to another team in another conference may make it a little easier to learn to recruiting and hit your goals. Without getting lucky that team is doomed to 0-16, or close to it, in conference play for the foreseeable (that's a funny looking word) future.

Most at all of us have been there and some more than others, but your recruits are pretty terrible.

going all guards sounds good but you do not have the players to pull it off successfully. Take a look at what some of the more successful coaches are doing and try to mimic that with your own little twist. I would suggest waiting until you have a bit more experience to try to pull off the all guard lineup, especially if you have any kind of post season goals
5/12/2016 2:32 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/12/2016 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Again I can't afford to put myself into another rebuild. I just got out of one.
You are not out of it yet, if I was you I would switch schools, but that's just me
5/12/2016 2:32 PM
What does you're gut tell you to do?
5/12/2016 2:37 PM
12345 Next ▸
My goals for the next two seasons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.