My goals for the next two seasons Topic

Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/12/2016 2:37:00 PM (view original):
What does you're gut tell you to do?
I read that earlier and I didn't get it, but now I read it again and it's hilarious, A+ man A+
5/12/2016 4:14 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/12/2016 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 5/12/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
If that's your goal you should cut as many of those guys as possible (with the exception of McKinney and coriell)
Again I can't afford to put myself into another rebuild. I just got out of one.
you aren't out of a rebuild. you are still rebuilding and will be for at least 4 more seasons. you have at most 3 players that are acceptable. if you want to win your best bet is to cut your losses and find a new school, chowan is just in a really bad spot right now
5/12/2016 5:01 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/12/2016 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Hi guys, I have set kinda two goals I wanna reach and I schedule a preety weak non conference schedule for next season.

1. Make the Pti next season.
2. Win the Pti championship or possible make the national torunament.

I have all players returning this season, I have three seniors on the team, three juniors, five sophomores , and one freshman. A 3/3/5/1 structure, so now that I think about it my goals will strech over the next three seasons. Which is even better for me I can make the pti for the next three seasons.

Hopefully make the national tournament when the five sophomores become seniors. Then its a rebuild and i'm going a all gaurd lineup since I play and fastbreak/press offense defense. My question is, is my goals unrealistic or is it realistic for my team? Chowan Allen World 6
Why would you post this? We can all have our own goals for next season - I'd like a smoothie bar at ECU. Some people coughs coughs including (I) don't need to hear pointless goals on a informative forum for research and helpful tips.
5/12/2016 5:08 PM
Posted by milwood on 5/12/2016 2:32:00 PM (view original):
I think I remember you saying you have some kind of tie to Chowan, but you may want to consider leaving that school. Competing in a human filled conference is fun and it is beneficial having all that post season cash but it is also difficult competing with those coaches for the recruits. Moving to another team in another conference may make it a little easier to learn to recruiting and hit your goals. Without getting lucky that team is doomed to 0-16, or close to it, in conference play for the foreseeable (that's a funny looking word) future.

Most at all of us have been there and some more than others, but your recruits are pretty terrible.

going all guards sounds good but you do not have the players to pull it off successfully. Take a look at what some of the more successful coaches are doing and try to mimic that with your own little twist. I would suggest waiting until you have a bit more experience to try to pull off the all guard lineup, especially if you have any kind of post season goals
"I would suggest waiting until you have a bit more experience to try to pull off the all guard lineup"
That's for the next generation of students here at chowan once my first class graduates. I am not going all gaurd right now. For this generation of students here at chowan I have a basic lineup

So you're saying put off the all gaurd lineup untill I have more experience? I want to test a all gaurd lineup and a all power foward/center in division 3. So that way I can be more competive in division 2 and have experience with all lineups that I want to deal with in the future. I am going to makeup my record in division 2.

I am not going to be battling my own conference mates for there recruits no way would I win. I got in a battle with John Jay though a A+ division 3 school and won the division 2 juco player over John Jay (Victor Correl).
5/12/2016 5:09 PM
Posted by ppk700 on 5/12/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Hi guys, I have set kinda two goals I wanna reach and I schedule a preety weak non conference schedule for next season.

I have all players returning this season, I have three seniors on the team, three juniors, five sophomores , and one freshman. A 3/3/5/1 structure, so now that I think about it my goals will strech over the next three seasons. Which is even better for me I can make the pti for the next three seasons.

Hopefully make the national tournament when the five sophomores become seniors. Then its a rebuild and i'm going a all gaurd lineup since I play and fastbreak/press offense defense. My question is, is my goals unrealistic or is it realistic for my team? Chowan Allen World 6
Why would you post this? We can all have our own goals for next season - I'd like a smoothie bar at ECU. Some people coughs coughs including (I) don't need to hear pointless goals on a informative forum for research and helpful tips.
My question is, is my goals unrealistic or is it realistic for my team? I needed to hear opinions other than my mentor you should read before you complain to me!
5/12/2016 5:11 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 5/12/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
I have had 2 PIT championships in my 6 seasons at Rutgers at Newark
this is one I had last season
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/archive/Roster.aspx

here is one from a few seasons ago

do you think you are on par with these teams? I sure don't think you are, I don't think a PIT championship isn't as easy as you think it is

this is is a PIT first round exit team

i don't think you will be at that level in the next couple seasons, but prove me wrong.
how am I going to compare a division 1 school to a diviison 3 school? I'm still going to look at it though as I need some opinions from other people. What world are you in it just keeps directing me to the roster of my own both links.
5/12/2016 5:19 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/12/2016 2:37:00 PM (view original):
What does you're gut tell you to do?
I think my gut only activates when I am following my purpose for my life. Hence that my gut has not said a word to me!
5/12/2016 5:22 PM
I'll try to answer all the quotes you just responded to in 1 message:

So you're saying put off the all gaurd lineup untill I have more experience? I want to test a all gaurd lineup and a all power foward/center in division 3. So that way I can be more competive in division 2 and have experience with all lineups that I want to deal with in the future. I am going to makeup my record in division 2.

No you should just not try either especially the all big man lineup for sure. They will not help you for when you move to D2 either.

My question is, is my goals unrealistic or is it realistic for my team? I needed to hear opinions other than my mentor you should read before you complain to me!

It's unrealistic to expect a winning season in the next 2 seasons imo barring you scheduling the 10 worst teams in the country and getting extremely lucky in conference play somehow winning 4+ games.

how am I going to compare a division 1 school to a diviison 3 school? I'm still going to look at it though as I need some opinions from other people. What world are you in it just keeps directing me to the roster of my own both links.

He's linking his rutgers newark, a D3 team not "buttgers" which is New Brunswick. He didn't link them correctly unfortunately which is why they are directing to your own teams.

I think my gut only activates when I am following my purpose for my life. Hence that my gut has not said a word to me!

No comment
5/12/2016 5:32 PM
Your goal is unrealistic. If you are going for an ath/def based team you need to be shooting for players that max out above 60 in both of those stats.

You also want to make sure you have a true PG. You want to aim for 60+ in spd, bh and pass for him. It's hard to land a guy with 60+ for all 5 stats, I would suggest relaxing the ath/def goals to land a pg.

5/12/2016 5:32 PM
Posted by ppk700 on 5/12/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):

I don't think anything is wrong with coachwards post. This is probably the most appropriate thing he's ever posted on here. He's asking for help and advice and trying to understand how to make the PIT and if that's possible with his current team. Nothing wrong with that.
5/12/2016 5:38 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/12/2016 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Your goal is unrealistic. If you are going for an ath/def based team you need to be shooting for players that max out above 60 in both of those stats.

You also want to make sure you have a true PG. You want to aim for 60+ in spd, bh and pass for him. It's hard to land a guy with 60+ for all 5 stats, I would suggest relaxing the ath/def goals to land a pg.

I am recruting a versatile player who can play the point gaurd or shooting gaurd position. I am at the 1 class right now. I am trying to get him for the cheap and on the first cycle hopefully.
5/12/2016 5:38 PM
I would focus on getting a "good" player. You need help every where, just get the best player you can.
5/12/2016 5:46 PM
FYI, this is a team that can realistically win the PIT.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13581
5/12/2016 5:52 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/12/2016 5:46:00 PM (view original):
I would focus on getting a "good" player. You need help every where, just get the best player you can.
So versatile player is not neccessarily a good player? I am trying to save some cash these next two seasons. I want more depth in my shooting gaurd position.
5/12/2016 5:54 PM
no you want someone actually good at something not someone who can do a few things crappily. you need to focus on assembling a starting lineup before working on shooting guard depth, you don't even have a single acceptable guard on the team, because McKinney is a SF with that bh/pas.
5/12/2016 5:58 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
My goals for the next two seasons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.