The death of hoops dynasty Topic

this isn't even fun anymore you are absolutely terrible to argue with unlike nacho or tw.....
6/11/2016 5:59 PM
well you bore me........you should feel special I don't usually chat with narcissistic children
6/11/2016 6:03 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 6/11/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
I would note that the beta world has a low D2 population and that was probably a role in this ranked kid going D3. Also I think som coaches just wanted to see what would happen.
A low D2 population probably was a factor. A bigger factor was probably accelerating through many games of the season so coaches had very little time to really look at the recruits. Another factor would be that recruits have to be "seen" first in order to be evaluated, and you don't see potential until you have scouted the guy to Level 3.
6/11/2016 9:41 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 6/11/2016 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Just as a note, I would think that once more people figure out the vagaries of the newer recruiting system a lot of these players which slip way too low no longer will.
Of course. That seems pretty obvious.

It has been interesting to read so many posters expressing their personal opinion against a supposed D1 recruit dropping to a D3 school ... but I have yet to see a good reason offered for their opinion.
6/11/2016 9:52 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 6/11/2016 9:52:00 PM (view original):
Just as a note, I would think that once more people figure out the vagaries of the newer recruiting system a lot of these players which slip way too low no longer will.

It has been interesting to read so many posters expressing their personal opinion against a supposed D1 recruit dropping to a D3 school ... but I have yet to see a good reason offered for their opinion.
I've offered one repeatedly. If this isn't fixed -- and yes, something is broken -- it kills the JUCO aspect of the game.
6/11/2016 9:55 PM
Any player not recruited by anyone will hopefully go juco. Also, wis creates juco players.
6/11/2016 11:02 PM
I actually think quite the opposite will happen and this will become MORE common if something isn't done. The beta world has 70 percent human ownership in D1, which I think eclipses the highest percentage of humans in any "real" HD world. So there are more thinking minds who are able to look for talent.

Yes, the number of D2 coaches is low, but overall I think the D1 + D2 count of humans is pretty close to what we see now in all worlds (and someone can correct me if that assumption is wrong...). As more people at lower divisions become aware, they will start looking for chances like this (because I'm guessing a large number of folks didn't think to reach THAT high for talent from lower levels...). These aren't the sorts of players that lower D1 programs are going to actively swing at. If they're going to battle, it'll be for the prize recruit, not someone who will be a career bench player. Lower divisions will get their pick of guys who used to find their way onto Sim D1 rosters because there was a floor below which the player wouldn't sign. That will also be amplified by sable's encouragement to "have lots of backup options" -- now D1 schools are being asked to spread their resources thinner in case they lose a recruit that they're in the lead on due to the random nature of signings. D2 and D3 schools are free to roll the dice and load up ,knowing there will be an abundance of players they can "fall back" on and get at minimal expenditure if they swing big and miss. I signed 6 players for barely 10% of my recruiting budget. Most of that expenditure went toward one particular JUCO player who fit a key need area for my team and I was insulating myself from being sniped. One of my signings was for just a scholarship, another for 10 AP and a 'ship. If I can get talent for that cheap, why wouldn't I load up and swing for the fences for a program-transforming player?
6/12/2016 12:20 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/11/2016 9:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 6/11/2016 9:52:00 PM (view original):

I've offered one repeatedly. If this isn't fixed -- and yes, something is broken -- it kills the JUCO aspect of the game.
Care to explain that opinion?
6/12/2016 9:55 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/11/2016 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Any player not recruited by anyone will hopefully go juco. Also, wis creates juco players.
"Well, gee whiz, I'm the #17 rated PF in the country, and I was hoping to go to a D1 school, but I wasn't recruited. I could play JUCO and have a chance at catching on somewhere that makes logical sense given my abilities next season, like all the similarly situated kids before me did.

"But you know what, TinyTown College in Bumblefart Iowa is offering me a chance to forever give up on my dreams of playing at a higher level, and no human coach is preventing it, so I guess I'll do that."

This is the narrative WIS apparently wants us to embrace. I think this is stupid, and it was programmed out of the original game for a reason. But I guess we're going to be embracing it now.

That said, I realize nobody else sees this my way, and I know that means I'm the crazy one, so I'm gonna drop it.
6/12/2016 2:27 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/12/2016 2:27:00 PM (view original):
"Well, gee whiz, I'm the #17 rated PF in the country, and I was hoping to go to a D1 school, but I wasn't recruited. I could play JUCO and have a chance at catching on somewhere that makes logical sense given my abilities next season, like all the similarly situated kids before me did.

"But you know what, TinyTown College in Bumblefart Iowa is offering me a chance to forever give up on my dreams of playing at a higher level, and no human coach is preventing it, so I guess I'll do that."

This is the narrative WIS apparently wants us to embrace. I think this is stupid, and it was programmed out of the original game for a reason. But I guess we're going to be embracing it now.

That said, I realize nobody else sees this my way, and I know that means I'm the crazy one, so I'm gonna drop it.
I totally agree with you.

No way a top 100 nor a top 300 player in the country goes to a D3 team. He would not even go to a top D2 team...

So be logical...
6/12/2016 2:41 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/11/2016 4:53:00 PM (view original):
I'd have to see the potential the guy Coe got before saying anything
Its poor. On my DII team I got a better guy I think will be a SF.
6/12/2016 2:47 PM
Posted by zorzii on 6/12/2016 2:41:00 PM (view original):

I totally agree with you.

No way a top 100 nor a top 300 player in the country goes to a D3 team. He would not even go to a top D2 team...

So be logical...
+100
Totally agree with kcsundevil and zorzii on this. Except for the "so be logical" part...I gave up on that a long time ago.
6/12/2016 2:59 PM
the fact is he isn't a top 100 guy let alone a ranked guy he's a good D2 small ball PF weakish SF at D2 and a great D3 PF. He should've been a D2 recruit not at all ranked. we see this all the time ranked guys go with no one touching them and then a sim team picking them up when they are absolutely terrible like that 1 ath guy that was the #50 SF or PF the other season in Wooden.

I believe GPA is still a factor in determining player rankings which is an absolute joke besides DUR its one of the least important things to know

another big thing that was passed over and still negatively impacting the game

yes rankings aren't supposed to be perfect but they should not be terrible in some cases. i'd love to see a method that only incorporated starting ratings, final ratings and maybe WE/eligibility.
6/12/2016 3:06 PM (edited)

The other narrative is:

dear jimmy, we were wrong, you kinda suck.

xoxoxo,
wis scouting service
6/12/2016 4:26 PM
I as a div2 coach or when was a mid major 1 coach be happy to sign him with as little effort that Yanks put in...edit: make that THRILLED..and Div 3 laughing *** off at the system
6/12/2016 4:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
The death of hoops dynasty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.