Posted by taniajane on 7/14/2016 4:24:00 PM (view original):
And W-L under various screen names aren't additive.

I never have understood why anyone would use "various screen names" (and I assume various email addresses ) unless were trying to cheat
don't understand, or don't want to understand? its been explained to you too many times for me to believe its just the former.

1) when there were 8 worlds and folks wanted more than 8 teams, or now with 10 worlds if folks want more than 10 teams, they *have* to do it by a 2nd ID - no ifs, ands, or buts. theonly is a good example of this, he had 15 teams.

2) when there was only one 2/day world and folks wanted more than 1 2/day teams, they *had* to do it by having multiple IDs in that world. there was no other option. same holds today if you want more than 3 2/day teams.

3) when you have a d3 team you love but still want to move up, you might move up and then re-take your old team on a new ID.

#2 (when only tark existed as 2/day) and #3 are why I had several very publicly known IDs in tark at the same time. i had tried 1/day and couldn't stand the pace. this is such a simple thing to understand, i really don't get the reluctance on your part to acknowledge there are valid reasons to create or to have created multiple IDs.

what makes your position even stupider is that when i started, there was no advantage, if you had wanted to cheat, to having multiple IDs in a world unless they should have been competitive in recruiting (so a d3 team in TX and d1 team in TX could not be abused - however, two d2 teams in texas could be, if you chose to use both to battle other folks - which is pretty obvious when your IDs are "gillispie" and "gillispie1" or similar). so, it wasn't frowned upon and in those days, there were no idiots like yourself trying to paint multiple ID folks as cheaters, so it was very open, and there was no reason *not* to pick up a 2nd id, if you had even the slightest desire to have a 2nd team in the same world, for whatever reason. there was no FSS or potential to discover.
7/14/2016 8:17 PM (edited)
spud still doesn't understand D3 schools just shouldn't get D1/D2 recruits how small is his damn brain he can't understand D1/D2 sims should take the better players over D3 teams. and still won't say "why: just thinks we want D3 to have no talent lol idiot

"... should ...?" Keep the D3 coaches in the basement where there is no danger of them signing a good player? Okay, got it. I just don't agree.

7/15/2016 10:53 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/15/2016 10:54:00 AM (view original):
spud still doesn't understand D3 schools just shouldn't get D1/D2 recruits how small is his damn brain he can't understand D1/D2 sims should take the better players over D3 teams. and still won't say "why: just thinks we want D3 to have no talent lol idiot

"... should ...?" Keep the D3 coaches in the basement where there is no danger of them signing a good player? Okay, got it. I just don't agree.

"... shouldn't ...?" Keep the D3 coaches in the basement where there is no danger of them signing a good player? Okay, got it. I just don't agree with that opinion.
7/15/2016 10:56 AM
feel free to explain why we've been asking you for a few days now...
7/15/2016 10:56 AM
Dammit, dammit, dammit, I made a vow not to talk with the background noise, and I broke that vow already. Rats!

Before I go, here's a tip for you ... demanding that someone talk with you doesn't work.
7/15/2016 10:59 AM
just asking you to explain your opinion but you refuse to because there is no reason why D3 players should get those recruits except for you whining about it... and you continuously refusing and making jokes why still not answer the questions make your pathetic attempts to argue they should get those player even more invalid

there will always be talented players it just D3 teams shouldn't be better than D2 and D1 teams because they are a lower division you know kinda how like Duke and Christopher Newport don't recruit the same players and have an enormous talent gap.... Duke beats D2 teams with no effort by 40+ in their first scrimmage, Duke actually trying would win 50+ and Duke playing a D3 team would be 50 points at half, the best D3 players aren't neccessairly the best D2 players or even great D2 players, they are just the best D3 players basically the "best of the rest" it's D ******* 3, not D1 we are talking about these are guys in real life with no athletic scholarships and some weren't even the best player on their high school team, thats why D3 recruits shouldn't get D1/D2 recruits and letting them completely destroys the "balance" in the game by completely ruining the competitiveness within each division as lower D2 teams get worse and worse compared to top D2 teams and the good D3 teams become juggernauts to lower D3 teams, isn't the whole ******* point of this stupid update about parity and handing things to newbie coaches so that they don't leave when they suck? Giving the best coaches even better players absolutely goes against everything this update seems to want to do
7/15/2016 11:08 AM (edited)
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/15/2016 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/15/2016 10:54:00 AM (view original):

"... shouldn't ...?" Keep the D3 coaches in the basement where there is no danger of them signing a good player? Okay, got it. I just don't agree with that opinion.
I'm late to the discussion, but there is a D3 Coach that wins a National Championship every season because he's found talented players to compete at that level. Every season, every world. Are there drop-downs, JUCOS, transfers, etc? Sure, but you'll still need to fill out your roster with quality players. The only "basement" for D3 Coaches is the one they put themselves in. The good players in D3 are out there, and plenty of Coaches find them.

Not really sure if it goes with the discussion going on, just my two cents.
Paul
7/15/2016 11:02 AM
Holy **** seble actually did something useful.

not like I've been saying that from the ******* start
7/15/2016 11:34 AM
CoachSpud: as has been said ad nauseum, there are three primary divisions in college sports and they recruit dramatically different talent levels in real life. it does not make sense to give D3 teams D1-quality players. it has nothing to do with 'keeping D3 coaches in the basement' but it has everything to do with this being a college basketball sim, and that's how college sports work. it's really that simple. no one is keeping D3 down--it is the simply the third tier of player talent level in a three-tier system.

as if that isn't enough (and it ought to be), it has also been said and explained repeatedly that allowing D3 coaches access to all players and only competing against other human players for recruits would destroy competitive balance in the divisions. a D1 sim *should* be able to beat the best D3 team most of the time, because even mid-level D1 prospects would virtually never sign with D3. they would choose a low-level D1 team. your point that I've seen about paying customers should get priority over sims would make sense if there was only 1 division in this game, but that is not the case.
7/15/2016 11:37 AM
i forgot about our wonderful scholar shoe3

"cash will always devolve into a gamed formula and ebay scenario"

no **** sherlock and you know what action points will become nothing more than a gamed formula with ebay like scenario's its a game where we can't imitate the real life process because humans are making the choices not simulated code.... the only way to make it not a gamed formula is make it random which no one with a brain wants

glad we have people like that being listened too
7/15/2016 12:51 PM
It's been said over and over and over again about the D3 thing. Here's what I think...

Spud simply does not care. He doesn't care how it impacts the game. He doesn't care how much fun it will be for other coaches within his division or in other divisions. He doesn't care if it's good or bad.

I truly believe he thinks that this is going to make him better at HD. He's pulled in some damn good classes in the Beta and perhaps he thinks that now he will be elevated to a 'great' coach. And frankly, not only is that not true, it's just selfish.
7/15/2016 1:25 PM
Look at the wonderful scholars shoe has decided to shitpost some more with his "wonderful" idea's

There's already a wonderful way to express effort and recruit prioritization, attention points. Diminishing returns on home visits makes the most intuitive sense, as it is way more realistic than a coach showing up at a recruits door every night for 3 weeks. Otherwise, I say eliminate recruiting cash, and just make it one single HV and one single CV available, and move the battles away from hoarding cash and all onto the ground of prioritization and matching preferences.

Now he just wants to eliminate recruit cash completely and make it completely come down to luck in recruit generation hoping recruits generated around you are good as well as also match up preference wise.

BECAUSE ALL WE NEED IS MORE RANDOMIZATION!!!!!!!

7/16/2016 11:05 AM
Hey guys, one time a 5 star recruit committed to Western Kentucky obviously all 5 stars should be recruit able and consider every school in the world.

Also every coach whoever got to a B+ or better Big 6 job had it handed to them it's not like they ever had to work there themselves so we should make sure to make it much tougher on them because I don't want to wrk to top level big 6 and make sure those up there get nothing in returning for building themselves a good program because it's not fair, why don't we just eliminate prestige at D1 (#allschoolsmatter)
7/16/2016 11:31 PM
B6 jobs opened in Knight

A+ Maryland
B+ Wake Forest
B Virginia Tech
B Georgia
B- Auburn
B- NC State
C+ Providence
C+ Baylor
C+ Northwestern
C+ Minnesota
C+ Missouri
C Nebraska
C Texas Tech
C Hawaii
C Fresno State

7 B+ or better D2 jobs

10 B+ or better D3 jobs
7/20/2016 10:46 AM
welcome to the post of shame dw

In my opinion, it's not that much about a fix to sniping and is more about protecting an owner from getting too deep into any one guy. In this new system where you might have a 60% shot based on your effort to win a player, but may still lose him you need to have backup options and I've found the cap very helpful IMO at DI to ensure I can put a "maximum effort" into a guy without completely handicapping the rest of my class.

So we can't even hide behind the "realism" and prevent sniping logic for the caps, no this is so that poor idiot coach who goes all in on 1 guy and loses doesn't get upset because some coaches are so stupid we need to make sure they don't blow all there budget just like we seperated budgets too because we don't want any stupid coaches spending all their budget on scouting!!! don't worry though this game has plenty of strategy!

7/20/2016 12:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.