D3 schools getting high D1 recruits Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/23/2016 8:58:00 AM (view original):
I have yet to see an example of a D3 team (or d2) that signed someone who I was like "Jeepers! That guy should be playing at Michigan!"

Honestly, that's what it would take for me to get worried about this issues because there are like 10 guys in D3 every year, in every world, that probably should be playing at Fordham.

I couldn't care less that he started at 650 (or whatever), all I care about is how good he ends up and how quickly he gets there.
Bingo!

The "sky is falling" crowd gains no traction here.
6/23/2016 12:05 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 6/23/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I have yet to see an example of a D3 team (or d2) that signed someone who I was like "Jeepers! That guy should be playing at Michigan!"

Honestly, that's what it would take for me to get worried about this issues because there are like 10 guys in D3 every year, in every world, that probably should be playing at Fordham.

I couldn't care less that he started at 650 (or whatever), all I care about is how good he ends up and how quickly he gets there.
Bingo!

I am usually 100% against coaches who bag on other coaches because of their "lack of experience" but in cases like this experience matters. A lot. Take it for what you will.
6/23/2016 12:18 PM
I am not a fan of D3 teams recruiting the D1 players that they are about to have access to, but it also doesn't break my heart. I'm not anywhere near the group of top coaches but I'm good enough at this game to know that my teams are getting ready to be absolutely STACKED. Will it be fair? Not really but it also won't be against the rules either.

The beta world has more coaches than the "real worlds" will, barring some kind of major marketing push (heh, good luck). Which means, barring some change in the system we're about to get, that some D2/D3 teams with elite coaches are about to become very, very difficult to beat. Is that what we want? Is that good for the game? More importantly, is that a good experience for the huge influx of new coaches we're about to have start playing the game (sarcasm, yes)?

Take an elite coach like yourself TJ, having a team with 6 open schollies. A coach like you signing even ONE player like that would be a nightmare to game plan against but wait until that guy with 6 schollies has somehow managed to nab 3 or even 4 players like that? Common? Probably not. Plausible? Absolutely. A coach with a team like that will shut down the whole rest of the division that they're in for 2 years at least, 3 potentially (pun intended).

Without "some sort" of artificial filters or limits, things are about to get very, very ugly in D2 and D3. That's not "the sky falling", that's foreshadowing reality.
6/23/2016 12:46 PM
Sky WILL be falling for NOOBS like CoachDud when you experienced DII/DIII coaches figure out all the flaws in this new game and rape the crap out of them.
6/23/2016 12:51 PM
I prefer the term mollywhop because that's whats gonna happen
6/23/2016 1:05 PM
Spud will be fine and continue to win the way he did last year. Including Exhibition games, Non/Conference Games, Conference games and Post season games he played Three human coached teams...losing two of the three of those games.
6/23/2016 1:27 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/23/2016 12:18:00 PM (view original):

Bingo!

I am usually 100% against coaches who bag on other coaches because of their "lack of experience" but in cases like this experience matters. A lot. Take it for what you will.
I think experience definitely matters. 150-something career games just isn't enough time in the game. Nothing personal against Spud or any of the other newbies.
I'm recruiting 3 "D1" players during beta. I don't think any of them would be a Big 6-type player. But in D3? They'll put up big numbers. The D3 Coaches who can recruit in this system are going to wreck things in the NT.
6/23/2016 3:24 PM
Posted by p6453 on 6/23/2016 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 6/23/2016 12:18:00 PM (view original):

Bingo!

I think experience definitely matters. 150-something career games just isn't enough time in the game. Nothing personal against Spud or any of the other newbies.
I'm recruiting 3 "D1" players during beta. I don't think any of them would be a Big 6-type player. But in D3? They'll put up big numbers. The D3 Coaches who can recruit in this system are going to wreck things in the NT.
Coachspud is advocating equality for all as he petitions for (get this now) EE-type players being SIGNED by D2 and D3 teams. He has to be a troll. Nobody, nobody can be THAT clueless about how this game works. Not even "famous for coaching D2 Bentley in every world" Reigny, ha ha!!! Just kidding Reigny, at least you're consistent and totally loyal.
6/23/2016 5:11 PM
Bingo!
6/23/2016 5:14 PM
I am curious if a D3 human will be able to out recruit a D1 sim frequently. I found the SIMs to be much more challenging than before.
6/23/2016 5:31 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 6/23/2016 5:31:00 PM (view original):
I am curious if a D3 human will be able to out recruit a D1 sim frequently. I found the SIMs to be much more challenging than before.
I think you are right,,,but....there will be less humans in Div 1 after the Spud types are gone and some drop teams...can the sims keep up

To me this whole BETA is not a test..for flaws maybe...but is ONLY one world and over populated by many players that should not be at the level they are at testing and suggesting
6/23/2016 5:36 PM (edited)
Posted by taniajane on 6/23/2016 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 6/23/2016 5:31:00 PM (view original):
I think you are right,,,but....there will be less humans in Div 1 after the Spud types are gone and some drop teams...can the sims keep up

To me this whole BETA is not a test..for flaws maybe...but is ONLY one world and over populated by many players that should not be at the level they are at testing and suggesting
Nail on the head.
6/23/2016 5:47 PM
“Spud will be fine and continue to win the way he did …” … in the only season when taniajane and Spud were in the same conference together … Spud beat him. :P
“Coachspud is advocating equality for all as he petitions for (get this now) EE-type players being SIGNED by D2 and D3 teams.” Hmm, I must have missed that post. It isn’t something I wrote.
6/23/2016 6:30 PM
spud you haven't played that much to beat me..thanks tor the hearty laugh :) My name is not SIM
6/23/2016 6:34 PM (edited)
Coachpud doesn't seem to have a glue
6/23/2016 8:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
D3 schools getting high D1 recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.