D1 Requirements Topic

Hello,

I have a PI entry as a d3 coach my first season and 2 NT bids in a row at D2. What will it take me to be eligible to coach a d1 school?
6/24/2016 11:03 AM
2-3 more seasons of NT bids to qualify for a D- team. I'd wait until you qualify for something in the C- range which would probably be 4-6 more seasons of making the NT
6/24/2016 11:11 AM
Wow, didn't know it took that long!
6/24/2016 11:13 AM
You consider that long to get to the top division in the HD food chain???

Let me guess, you are under 30 right? The instant gratification generation? No offense but that is what's wrong with this game.
1) Coaches rush up divisions without fully understanding the game
2) Coach finally get to DI without adequate experience
3) Coach gets his *** handed to him by more experienced/higher prestige schools
4) Coach blames prestige "system" and cries to Seble because its not fair
5) Seble crumbles to the masses of Spuds in entitlement land and dumbs down the game so that even the uneducated have a shot at success.

(Don't take this personally Mr Kid, just venting about the whiners like Spud who want to blame the "system" for the haves and have-nots. Sort of sounds like our government.)
6/24/2016 11:47 AM
Posted by Mr_Kid on 6/24/2016 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Hello,

I have a PI entry as a d3 coach my first season and 2 NT bids in a row at D2. What will it take me to be eligible to coach a d1 school?
What world and what team were you in division 3? What team were you in division 2? Impressed that you took over a team that got to the pit your first season. Which none of the credit goes to you if you just take over a team and the first season goes to the post season. Any1 can do that.
6/24/2016 11:57 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/24/2016 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Mr_Kid on 6/24/2016 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Hello,

What world and what team were you in division 3? What team were you in division 2? Impressed that you took over a team that got to the pit your first season. Which none of the credit goes to you if you just take over a team and the first season goes to the post season. Any1 can do that.
lol
6/24/2016 12:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/24/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 6/24/2016 11:47:00 AM (view original):

Let me guess, you are under 30 right? The instant gratification generation? No offense but that is what's wrong with this game.
5) Seble crumbles to the masses of Spuds in entitlement land and dumbs down the game so that even the uneducated have a shot at success.

(Don't take this personally Mr Kid, just venting about the whiners like Spud who want to blame the "system" for the haves and have-nots. Sort of sounds like our government.)
The problem with our goverment is that the Liberals want everything free. But who has to pay for the free stuff the boogyman, taxpayers people who are debt free and trying to save up to live there dream job like I am doing. Hell I am a drop out from College and already debt free on a budget and about to hire 2 employees. I just took the harder route but why would I go to college again if it just gets me more debt? Another obstacle I have to overcome to get back to the point where I am @ when I was (21) years old doesn't makes sense. No1 wants to work there @#$ off and get payed for it while that is the american dream.

I am under 30 as I stated before I am 21.
1. I stayed through a rebuild so have a experience of a rebuild in my head of mine.
2. I have yet to make it to division 2 but have 4 seasons of experience and A+ loyality and reputation at the Division 3 level.
3.) I got my @#$ handed to me in division three so that is part of the reason and the beta that I am moving up to division 2 sim conference
4.) I would never blame perstige as myself I want to work hard for my money and earn everything I get.
5.) seble can take opinions from everybody but doesn't need to let the people who want (free) stuff get in the way and turn it into a socalisim game.
+1
6/24/2016 1:16 PM
+1 on the +1
6/24/2016 1:44 PM
Wow, I find some of these comments a little destructive. Yes, I am under 30. I am 24 years old. However, I am a very successful person in life. I am just eager to learn more about this game and was genuinely wondering how long it took(Considering this is a game and it's not obscene to think after a few seasons you could become a division 1 coach). Since I realized that the jump from division 3 to 2 was so quick, I wasn't sure about division 2 to 1.

6/24/2016 4:03 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/24/2016 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/24/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):

The problem with our goverment is that the Liberals want everything free. But who has to pay for the free stuff the boogyman, taxpayers people who are debt free and trying to save up to live there dream job like I am doing. Hell I am a drop out from College and already debt free on a budget and about to hire 2 employees. I just took the harder route but why would I go to college again if it just gets me more debt? Another obstacle I have to overcome to get back to the point where I am @ when I was (21) years old doesn't makes sense. No1 wants to work there @#$ off and get payed for it while that is the american dream.

I am under 30 as I stated before I am 21.
1. I stayed through a rebuild so have a experience of a rebuild in my head of mine.
2. I have yet to make it to division 2 but have 4 seasons of experience and A+ loyality and reputation at the Division 3 level.
3.) I got my @#$ handed to me in division three so that is part of the reason and the beta that I am moving up to division 2 sim conference
4.) I would never blame perstige as myself I want to work hard for my money and earn everything I get.
5.) seble can take opinions from everybody but doesn't need to let the people who want (free) stuff get in the way and turn it into a socalisim game.
+1
+1 on the political parts, even if it's not stated clearly.
6/24/2016 4:10 PM
Mr_Kid : Just be patient to get to D1. You need a goal, do you want to play D1 and learn the ropes take your time, process the game a little more... Go to a D- team and just jump on the first one that has six openings. If not, if you are truly enjoying D2, be patient, and wait until a big six opens up. I personaly am not ever going to go to a D1 team that is not where I want to go... Cause the job logic makes you start over everytime. It does not really care if you are mid-major B- base prestige or D- prestige. It only looks at your resume PI and NT wins. And it does not care if you play against SIMS all the time, winning, or you play in a competitive conference. I play at La Salle A-10. It's pretty challenging but we never compete against Big Six in recruiting... They have the cash, so I have been stuck at PIT bids, first round loss in NT, and battling on recruits 40K last time, that are not game changers. I needed to wait and jump to big six right away, I did not. I am stuck in neutral B-... Next season, well, there is West Virginia probably. But would you go there?
6/24/2016 4:24 PM
Posted by Mr_Kid on 6/24/2016 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Wow, I find some of these comments a little destructive. Yes, I am under 30. I am 24 years old. However, I am a very successful person in life. I am just eager to learn more about this game and was genuinely wondering how long it took(Considering this is a game and it's not obscene to think after a few seasons you could become a division 1 coach). Since I realized that the jump from division 3 to 2 was so quick, I wasn't sure about division 2 to 1.

Mine weren't directed towards you personally. You seem ok so far.

Just be careful of rushing up the divisions without mastering the one you are in.
6/24/2016 5:07 PM
Posted by Mr_Kid on 6/24/2016 4:03:00 PM (view original):

I think your question was perfectly fine. Spud has gotten under the skin of mully I think
6/24/2016 5:18 PM

mully's back on about the pesky kids - drink, everyone!

I've taught just shy of 1000 students who are now 20-somethings, and they're no more instant-grat than my generation of 40-somethings - and I daresay a little less so than 50-somethings. If your problem is just with Spud, cool, just call him out. No need to give the finger to an entire generation.
6/24/2016 5:29 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
D1 Requirements Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.