Most efficent offense/defense @div2? Topic

What are the most efficent offense and defense at division 2? I am contemplating changing class structure and offense and defense once I am in a rebuild.
8/2/2016 2:30 AM
Do you have ADHD or something?
8/2/2016 2:38 AM
Which ones' does your gut tell you are the most efficient to run????
8/2/2016 2:39 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/2/2016 2:39:00 AM (view original):
Right now the only ones I know are motion, triangle, fastbreak offenses. The defenses are man to man, full court press. A solid coach in division 3 from my old conference told me to run Triangle/2-3 zone in division 2. But at this point all I am trying to do is win games so running anything new is kinda out the window. I need more opinions and i'm just seeing what they are!
8/2/2016 2:49 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/2/2016 2:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/2/2016 2:39:00 AM (view original):
Right now the only ones I know are motion, triangle, fastbreak offenses. The defenses are man to man, full court press. A solid coach in division 3 from my old conference told me to run Triangle/2-3 zone in division 2. But at this point all I am trying to do is win games so running anything new is kinda out the window. I need more opinions and i'm just seeing what they are!
Which one of those offense and defenses does your gut tell you that you know the best right now???
8/2/2016 2:58 AM
there is no "perfect" offense/defense each one has it pro's/con's and playstyles that suit it, it would largely depend on the type of recruits you'd be bringing in on which one is "best suited"

8/2/2016 3:05 AM
Posted by viva_il_re on 8/2/2016 3:05:00 AM (view original):
there is no "perfect" offense/defense each one has it pro's/con's and playstyles that suit it, it would largely depend on the type of recruits you'd be bringing in on which one is "best suited"

I'm pretty sure that you're fundsmentally misunderstanding the real question.
8/2/2016 3:13 AM
What is the real question, nacho?
8/2/2016 9:12 AM
It's weird you know, Ward's posts in this thread are coherent, they're capitalized, spelled correctly, all that good stuff. Then you get one of his Alex Jones/Ward working at McDonald's posts and it looks like a drunken four year old typed it out. Almost like there are multiple people posting under this account.
8/2/2016 9:47 AM
any offensive/defensive set can work well in d2. i'd avoid fastbreak and stick with the motion/flex/triangle family, because those three are more similar and so its easier to get help, and to look around and see what others are doing. on defense, anything goes. whatever you are most comfortable with, is probably the best answer. however:

if you want to recruit fewer players harder, go with zone or man.

if you want to fill up every season, and avoid walkons except on occasion, go with man or press.

good luck!
8/2/2016 11:42 AM
also consider where your school is located - some locations are less recruit rich - very hard for example to run press in Hawaii because you simply may not be able to fill the roster with press capable players

consider what YOU are good at - what are you good at recruiting - what are you good at doing tactics wise - play to what you have been good at doing
8/2/2016 11:55 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/2/2016 11:43:00 AM (view original):
any offensive/defensive set can work well in d2. i'd avoid fastbreak and stick with the motion/flex/triangle family, because those three are more similar and so its easier to get help, and to look around and see what others are doing. on defense, anything goes. whatever you are most comfortable with, is probably the best answer. however:

if you want to recruit fewer players harder, go with zone or man.

if you want to fill up every season, and avoid walkons except on occasion, go with man or press.

good luck!
+1
8/2/2016 12:22 PM
Wardo...You've done a decent job with Miles to this point. Why are you hellbent on sabotaging it? Focus on the following:
  1. Practice minutes. You have guys losing ratings in core categories. Not good. 60% of this game is recruiting; 30% is developing your players properly; 10% is gameplanning...and that may be overstating gameplanning's role.
  2. Team settings...why are you playing +5 all the time? Try basing your setting on your opponents tendencies. That will call for a lot more -2 or 0, than +5.
  3. End of game...you need to look at your team and realize that you could be playing combo press/man at the end of games when losing. No one on that team has worse than a C- Press IQ. That's an advantage that you are not using. Make sure those end of game settings are set to actually apply in time to make a difference (i.e. not the default "losing by 10 with 3 minutes left"...that's just garbage time).
Question...[Morpheus voice]..."do you think your players are ever actually making a triangle cut?" Next season, Miles will return 4 guys that you could start. Why are you already quitting on this season and next? Properly run, that team makes the postseason in both. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

[Edit: Oh yeah! You're letting a bunch of guys that CANNOT SHOOT, shoot from range. Why? You have only 1 player that can shoot 3s. If you set Morris & Johnson to -1, that would be acceptable, everyone else should be set to -2 to keep them from wasting possessions. That would also help you win...if you're interested.]
8/2/2016 2:38 PM (edited)
Posted by fd343ny on 8/2/2016 11:55:00 AM (view original):
also consider where your school is located - some locations are less recruit rich - very hard for example to run press in Hawaii because you simply may not be able to fill the roster with press capable players

consider what YOU are good at - what are you good at recruiting - what are you good at doing tactics wise - play to what you have been good at doing
That was going to be my contribution. The question can not be accurately answered if we do not know the location of the DII school. An isolated school should probably run zone since you are not in control of the types of players you must recruit locally. Zone is least dependent on individual attributes at the cost of being most dependent on IQ. IQ can be controlled in isolation, individual attributes can not unless you are very aggressive and somewhat lucky in your recruiting efforts.
8/2/2016 2:52 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/2/2016 9:12:00 AM (view original):
What is the real question, nacho?
Now that I see people are still sincerely trying to help him, what I was going to say would sound extremely snarky and mean in comparison. But the upshot of it was that he does not actually care about the answers that anybody gives him, just the validation he receives from people having responded to him.
8/2/2016 2:56 PM
123 Next ▸
Most efficent offense/defense @div2? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.