Continued Beta Testing Topic

Seble just said that we are keeping Beta testing going for another year or two (in HD time). He also asked for a list of the most important remaining issues that we feel need to be worked on. This is great news.

In all honesty, there are not many remaining issues with the Beta, but three have been mentioned so far:

1. EE solution - how teams who lose players can find new players when having to start in the second session

2. Tweaking the ability of D3 schools to land good D1 recruits

3. Improving level 1 scouting. My proposal was to create 4 levels for FSS, where level 4 is much more expensive, but will enable those who like the old system to skip the new recruiting steps, but pay a premium price for it. Or, have there just be 3 levels and make scouting costs to get to level one be more expensive.

So, if you were in Beta and left, thinking it was over, be sure to come back if you would like to continue participating.

If any changes are made to what I posted about HD 3.0, I will adjust it.
8/11/2016 1:25 PM
What about all the pointless button pushing, and the pointless recruiting tools, and the ridiculous grades...you know, all the stuff that makes 3.0 terrible?
8/11/2016 1:38 PM
Some of those have already been eliminated. Did you play the most recent season? Eliminating Level 1 or adding FSS for more levels would help that aspect. But, I personally like the added features for the most part. Not a big fan of level 1 though, but I just make sure to get to level 2 quickly with the use of camps and FSS.
8/11/2016 2:25 PM
You mentioned beta issues for the most part have been fixed, have these issues been addressed?

1) eliminate scouting - it's just a button-pushing time-suck
2) reduce any resemblance to random coin flips in recruit decisions
3) eliminate two recruiting sessions - EEs are still an issue and poaching has just taken a new form
4) restart beta with appropriate d1 prestiges

8/11/2016 3:27 PM
Vandy, 1) you can choose to scout a group of recruits (say, all D1 recruits from a certain state) up to Level 4, which gives you full scouting info, which should save you time in the long run compared to the old system. No more reading through frustrating scouting reports or the like.

2) Seble significantly changed the odds to give the leader a better shot at signing the recruit.

3) I'm 50/50 on this. The EE problem needs to be solved or we need to revert back to one long recruiting session, which would be much longer than the existing because of 6-hour cycles. I wouldn't mind that necessarily. '

4) This is a no-brainer that absolutely should have been attempted for a couple seasons before releasing the update.
8/11/2016 3:55 PM
Posted by vandydave on 8/11/2016 3:27:00 PM (view original):
You mentioned beta issues for the most part have been fixed, have these issues been addressed?

1) eliminate scouting - it's just a button-pushing time-suck
2) reduce any resemblance to random coin flips in recruit decisions
3) eliminate two recruiting sessions - EEs are still an issue and poaching has just taken a new form
4) restart beta with appropriate d1 prestiges

1) scouting budgets have been lowered to try to make it require decisions rather than just be random button-pressing. Also, there's a "scout to level n" option

2) odds that the players sign with the leading team have increased (although this has drawn a fair amount of criticism, and seble is considering moving it back)

3) there have been multiple changes to address poaching, including requiring actions to be unlocked with APs and having actions not process immediately

4) no

you might not like the ways in which they've been addressed, but these concerns have been addressed in some way
8/11/2016 3:58 PM
What I don't like is the arbitrarily decided new beta setup of HD itself, saying the issues are being worked on is one route, asking why those issues have even been created is a completely different question. I'll keep asking that question in different ways until I'm gone from HD.
8/11/2016 4:44 PM
Posted by vandydave on 8/11/2016 4:44:00 PM (view original):
What I don't like is the arbitrarily decided new beta setup of HD itself, saying the issues are being worked on is one route, asking why those issues have even been created is a completely different question. I'll keep asking that question in different ways until I'm gone from HD.
I agree. Selbe has created a red herring called HD 3.0.
8/11/2016 6:08 PM
And the answer is because the programmers thought it would be an improvement to the game that would help with new user retention. Whether that ends up being accurate or not is another question entirely, but that's the answer to your question
8/11/2016 6:17 PM
I missed jumping in on the beta test. Can you still join? Anyone know?
8/11/2016 6:20 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 8/11/2016 6:17:00 PM (view original):
And the answer is because the programmers thought it would be an improvement to the game that would help with new user retention. Whether that ends up being accurate or not is another question entirely, but that's the answer to your question
You Have GOT to be kidding me...New User Retention?? On a Game they ignored the few faults and DID Nothing about those faults and DID Nearly Zero serious marketing...SUDDENNLY it will have NEW USERS? And they have seen the errors of their ways as they drive a significant portion of their customers away with a NEW and Improved Product... Muhahaaaaaa...amusing!!!
8/11/2016 6:32 PM (edited)
Posted by tarvolon on 8/11/2016 6:17:00 PM (view original):
I will respectfully disagree, tarv. If the user base had been making generalized statements like "something is wrong with HD but we don't know what," then HD 3.0 would be perfectly plausible. However, veteran coaches have been complaining for years about specific issues, such as recruit generation, baseline prestige, etc. and HD 3.0, is an irrelevant response.

HD 3.0 is a diversion.
8/11/2016 6:42 PM
" ... veteran coaches have been complaining for years about specific issues, such as recruit generation, baseline prestige, etc. and HD 3.0, is an irrelevant response."

Close, very close. Some veteran coaches have been complaining for years that Seble doesn't change the game the way they want it. That many want something different and contradictory doesn't seem to factor in to the complaining. Some want this for recruit gen, some want that, some want something else, and some want no change. Just because Seble doesn't customize the game to satisfy every complaint doesn't signify a failure.
8/11/2016 7:00 PM
Posted by kyjack on 8/11/2016 6:20:00 PM (view original):
I missed jumping in on the beta test. Can you still join? Anyone know?
You can try emailing customer support, but they are releasing it anyway, so the worlds will begin transitioning, starting with Wooden. If you do need any tips or help, feel free to stimuli me or email me at [email protected]
8/11/2016 7:04 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/11/2016 7:00:00 PM (view original):
" ... veteran coaches have been complaining for years about specific issues, such as recruit generation, baseline prestige, etc. and HD 3.0, is an irrelevant response."

Close, very close. Some veteran coaches have been complaining for years that Seble doesn't change the game the way they want it. That many want something different and contradictory doesn't seem to factor in to the complaining. Some want this for recruit gen, some want that, some want something else, and some want no change. Just because Seble doesn't customize the game to satisfy every complaint doesn't signify a failure.
Okay, since you seem to know everything about this game and it's user-base, I got a question for you: Given that you've been a member of this website for only 10 months, then how the **** are you in a position to have a well formed opinion on the scope of veteran coach's discussions and consensus??? Especially, since all you've managed to do is make yourself a laughing stock in the process of your first 200 posts?

The long term board coaches have offered more meaningful suggestions/improvements over the years (which you would have no clue of), than the astonishing number of terrible ones you've proposed in your very short time here.
8/11/2016 7:13 PM (edited)
1234 Next ▸
Continued Beta Testing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.