I am staying. I will have two big six D1 teams, one D2, one D3. But to be honest, Seble needs to continue to improve scouting and recruiting. I really dislike scouting. With some adjustments, i think recruiting will be better in 3.0 than it was before. Unlocking stuff needs to becone easier and easier as time goes by and Ees need a solution...
9/2/2016 8:14 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/2/2016 6:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by favre3xmvp on 9/1/2016 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/1/2016 11:08:00 AM (view original):
"I'm surprised this is the thing that is pushing many old-timers to leave."

It isn't the game. That's just the latest excuse for some people to rag all over the forums.
I disagree, many of us long time players are being fair minded in our reasons for leaving. Most of us have made it clear there are multiple factors. Even some are adding to our good bye, "for now".
I am leaving in part because I don't enjoy the new recruiting system, and in equal part because of users like our buddy Spud here telling me what a ***** I am because of the reasons I don't like the new system, so frankly, **** both the new system and users like spud.

And it's not "for now" for me. You won't see my hairy *** here again after 10/7.
@dacj: I wish you would stay. I have enjoyed playing the game with you.

When I stopped playing a couple months ago, it had nothing to do with game play and everything to with personal attacks on the forums. But my issue seems to have been resolved.

We do need to try to be less attacking and more friendly on these forums.

People think because they 'paid' for something, it gives them the right to be jerks, attack people and call the most disgusting names. They think that is free speech, guaranteed in the constitution and all that.

But, 'Free Speech' has nothing to do with members speaking in private clubs (which is what this is) .. Free Speech forums do not allow bullying (fighting words) or obscenity, even if a private club for private members provided for free speech; which it does not.

I like what chapel and Benis are doing with the guide. I like the effort that some many others (like cubcub) are also putting in.

I know some people don't like the changes .. and if they don't like them then they should discuss them reasonably here and they should stop paying to play the game (if they dislike it that much). They should also be able to discuss that reasonably here as well.

But the name calling and personal attacks need to stop. And I hope you stay dacj.
9/2/2016 8:28 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/2/2016 6:03:00 AM (view original):

It isn't the game. That's just the latest excuse for some people to rag all over the forums.
I disagree, many of us long time players are being fair minded in our reasons for leaving. Most of us have made it clear there are multiple factors. Even some are adding to our good bye, "for now".
I am leaving in part because I don't enjoy the new recruiting system, and in equal part because of users like our buddy Spud here telling me what a ***** I am because of the reasons I don't like the new system, so frankly, **** both the new system and users like spud.

And it's not "for now" for me. You won't see my hairy *** here again after 10/7.
There was once a thread...
9/2/2016 8:31 AM

As I've said, favre, I don't disagree with that. Some long time players are leaving for all sorts of reasons, some even because they don't like the game. But this thread contains both the examples of ugly posts (two in particular, unnamed but obvious) and the constructive (hughes, with whom I agree). Hopefully when some of the hotheads leave the forums will be a much better place.
9/2/2016 10:33 AM
Posted by mullycj on 9/1/2016 8:00:00 PM (view original):
"And, debater, it isn't just the game. 3.0 is just an excuse for loud, petty, self-indulgent departures, as well as the occasion for some people to leave who were contemplating it already, as they have posted. But there has always been a type of person who takes advantage of the anonymity the Internet gives him, and there always will be."

...and some wonder how Spudtard became the MOST hated poster in BETA. Being an ****** comes so naturally to him. Amazing how you continue to ridicule a group of coaches who are bother better than you AT the game and have contributed more than you ever will IN the game.
well, despite the dickish nature of his post, spud does have a point. when there are major changes in any game, it serves as an excuse for folks to leave. always has, and always will. it happened with major changes in HD, potential, and the new engine, and should only be expected again.

however valid, that doesn't mean the game is not in serious trouble, or that a lot of folks who are leaving, wouldn't have stayed under different circumstances. only time will tell how the game will hold up to this release. my concern is that we are in the range where human loss really matters. 200 coaches to 150, its barely noticeable. i mean, it is surely noticeable, in terms of how good the coaches making the NT are, in terms of how dominant single conferences can be, and when you look around at all the empty conferences, you can obviously tell. but the overall experience, its fairly similar. coaches who want to play humans join full conferences, and play human-dominated post season tournaments. coaches who don't, they find empty conferences a bit easier, but that is probably a boon for them, not a negative. somewhere in the 100 range, it starts to break down, more and more sims find their way into the post season. maybe even 70 humans is enough to maintain the illusion, but i have to believe that competitive folks cannot hold the same respect for this game, if the NT starts featuring two dozen sims. we already have divisions below 70, and the fewer people you have, the more the loss of a single person hurts. is the game a complete joke by 50? 40? i don't know, but we aren't that far off in some cases, so a big hit to the # of coaches is a good, valid reason to be concerned. i don't think spud's point changes that reality.
9/2/2016 10:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
it is important to keep in mind that many of the folks who talk about leaving and their unhappiness with the approach taken by WIS are people who have long loved the game - and wished for improvements in the game and in marketing over the years. They are unhappy in part because of how much they liked this game and the community in many cases.

And one must keep in mind that some folks really like the new game and are not troubled by stuff that drives some people crazy

Respect.
9/2/2016 11:19 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 9/1/2016 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 9/1/2016 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by flageezer on 9/1/2016 10:07:00 AM (view original):
OK, doing away with finish money would mean in RL that Florida International and Marist have as much chance as Duke and Kentucky to win the NT. Drastically cutting down the money needed for recruiting actions at distance means Florida International and Marist can go after elite California players. Means a D1 team would have to search countrywide in scouting, and consume untold hours. Not to mention that the system is convoluted and really time consuming even if you recruit at D3 level. Many of the users have lives--jobs, families, other interests that limit the time they have for HD. Can see those staying that used to field six teams cutting down to one or two, in addition to those dropping. Was all this change due to one headstrong programmer who didn't listen to anyone except a few people that agreed with him? When revenues drop as new people are bewildered by the complexity of recruiting and quit and old hands cut back will WIS be pleased? Will HD be 90% sim? And shelved? Still trying to get purchase in the new system, but I can't even figure out how to give attention points, which you are supposed to be able to use during scouting. I think. All trial and error. They took the only college BB game on line which had a few flaws, and made it into one with multiple flaws. Dealt with a lot of programmers in my working life, and they always made the interface harder to use, but said now it was "elegant".
Do we know for a fact that Florida International and Marist can have as much a chance as Duke and Kentucky to win a NT? We have very little evidence currently to definitely say this can happen. And even if they can, is it a bad thing? Do we want a built in ceiling in the game on where people can take their schools? How cool would it be to take your alma mater, Marist, to a NT? I go back and forth on this, just playing devils advocate...but I think part of the fun of this could be to turn one of the smaller schools into a power house. I dont know, maybe thats an unpopular opinion...
I like that thought. One thing that still helps is to have a strong conference, since that is one of the preferences. I don't see why it could not happen honestly, if you can get a group of good coaches together and build a strong conference. Even if you are not in a strong conference, it is a lot easier to build a high levrl team, in my opinion. It's still harder than in a Big 6 conference because of the baseline prestiges, but it is easier to land top talent in 3.0 than in the current game. I am really interested to see what it will look like after like 6-10 seasons. Obviously it's beta, but my Dartmouth team is the highest rated team in D1 and ranked #2. Oral Roberts has been a real powerhouse as well. Most of the top teams are the ones you'd expect, but some smaller teams have risen higher than they normally do in the current game.
And to me, this is encouraging...
9/2/2016 11:23 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 AM (view original):
"And, debater, it isn't just the game. 3.0 is just an excuse for loud, petty, self-indulgent departures, as well as the occasion for some people to leave who were contemplating it already, as they have posted. But there has always been a type of person who takes advantage of the anonymity the Internet gives him, and there always will be."

...and some wonder how Spudtard became the MOST hated poster in BETA. Being an ****** comes so naturally to him. Amazing how you continue to ridicule a group of coaches who are bother better than you AT the game and have contributed more than you ever will IN the game.
well, despite the dickish nature of his post, spud does have a point. when there are major changes in any game, it serves as an excuse for folks to leave. always has, and always will. it happened with major changes in HD, potential, and the new engine, and should only be expected again.

however valid, that doesn't mean the game is not in serious trouble, or that a lot of folks who are leaving, wouldn't have stayed under different circumstances. only time will tell how the game will hold up to this release. my concern is that we are in the range where human loss really matters. 200 coaches to 150, its barely noticeable. i mean, it is surely noticeable, in terms of how good the coaches making the NT are, in terms of how dominant single conferences can be, and when you look around at all the empty conferences, you can obviously tell. but the overall experience, its fairly similar. coaches who want to play humans join full conferences, and play human-dominated post season tournaments. coaches who don't, they find empty conferences a bit easier, but that is probably a boon for them, not a negative. somewhere in the 100 range, it starts to break down, more and more sims find their way into the post season. maybe even 70 humans is enough to maintain the illusion, but i have to believe that competitive folks cannot hold the same respect for this game, if the NT starts featuring two dozen sims. we already have divisions below 70, and the fewer people you have, the more the loss of a single person hurts. is the game a complete joke by 50? 40? i don't know, but we aren't that far off in some cases, so a big hit to the # of coaches is a good, valid reason to be concerned. i don't think spud's point changes that reality.
At some point, I wonder if some worlds will close...which I know will set off another huge can of worms....but it makes complete sense to reduce the # of worlds to help fill the remaining worlds.
9/2/2016 11:28 AM
strong conferences happened in HD classic honestly many times - I had great fun in Summit League where a bunch of us decided to go populate a near barren conference. We got to 4th in conference RPI a few times. 5th this past season. If we had kept all 12 human coaches, I think we could have become a consistent top conference.

BUT, without conference postseason $, the benefits of a strong conference are greatly reduced in the new game.
9/2/2016 11:30 AM
Posted by mullycj on 9/2/2016 11:13:00 AM (view original):
The forum was already a better place before you showed up Spudtard. Try taking 6 months off while you create a 3rd ID and lets see if it gets better.
Hey mully - I don't really care if you disagree with spud or his point of view - there are many people who do, but who do so rationally and with constructive criticism and intent.

So why do you persist in personally attacking the guy with the use of such insulting, bullying and bigoted name calling? The name by which you refer to him is deeply troubling. It's not funny, it's not cute, but it is offensive and speaks more to your character (or lack thereof) than it will ever speak about spud.
9/2/2016 11:39 AM
Posted by crabman26 on 9/2/2016 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 AM (view original):

At some point, I wonder if some worlds will close...which I know will set off another huge can of worms....but it makes complete sense to reduce the # of worlds to help fill the remaining worlds.
I've been mentioning contraction of worlds for a couple of years now. Doubt if it happens though it really should. I suppose they're leaving them as is for this huge marketing push we're getting ready to see (that was somewhat sarcastic by the way).
9/2/2016 11:43 AM
In response to Gil's last point about the NT being sim-filled....
The PI in D3 Tark has 1 human coached team. ONE. I realize it's not the NT but that's still an astounding number.

I also think coaches are going to abandon D3 in droves across all worlds within a few seasons. I believe the budget is just too constraining there to find quality players. Either D2 and D1 will become much more humanly populated or people will flat out quit, leaving worlds even emptier.
9/2/2016 12:10 PM
As a new guy, and if anyone cares, i joined WIS for following reasons

ONE--I've always wanted to try a WIS and I chose college basketball for a few different reasons....the biggest reason being I have always enjoyed building a dynasty in different video games.

TWO--I've heard good things about WIS dynasties, had a couple buddies who went deep in a MLB dynasty while in college.

THREE--I am bored. hahaha. But seriously I'm looking forward to giving it a shot despite some of the headaches which some people seem to be having regarding the switch to the upcoming update.

I chose Allen simply because it was the next single-game a day season which was coming up for a new season. I'm hopeful for a great inaugural season in the game. I didn't realize the importance of conference prestige / postseason success and its relationship with recruiting points.....my initial suggestion may be to somehow include both team AND conference openings when first-time users in a world are choosing their teams.

9/2/2016 12:12 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 9/2/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 9/2/2016 11:13:00 AM (view original):
The forum was already a better place before you showed up Spudtard. Try taking 6 months off while you create a 3rd ID and lets see if it gets better.
Hey mully - I don't really care if you disagree with spud or his point of view - there are many people who do, but who do so rationally and with constructive criticism and intent.

So why do you persist in personally attacking the guy with the use of such insulting, bullying and bigoted name calling? The name by which you refer to him is deeply troubling. It's not funny, it's not cute, but it is offensive and speaks more to your character (or lack thereof) than it will ever speak about spud.
Because possum he spent the entire BETA ripping long tenured coaches with insulting innuendo. Every other post he made was derogatory to the coaches who contributed greatly to this game.

If you think I am picking on him for NO reason, then you are sadly mistaken. And you don't know anything about my character, nor I do of yours. So maybe you should shut it right there.
9/2/2016 12:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.