D3, Season 71 Topic

If Trinity loses to old nemesis discodave, they will fall waaaay below #1 (which is really more indicative of the roster's talent anyway!) Good luck tonight disco.
2/12/2014 11:13 PM
SotD: The top 6 teams with the least amount of turnovers all have greater than or equal ball handling than passing. So maybe ball handling is more important in getting less turnovers, but this isn't enough evidence to be certain.
2/13/2014 10:49 AM
I was really hoping Trinity would win last night and then somehow drop out of the #1 ranking despite winning, just for comedic reasons.  Sadly no, they lost so we have a new #1 team, Texas Lutheran.

Last Night
#8 Louisiana 81   #3 Trinity 61
The visitors went into the break with a slim 36-34 lead after a close first half.  Then the second half happened and let's just say the Trinity coaching staff should probably be merciful and not show that video to their team.  Let's just move on.  Trinity drops down from the top ranking and is now tied in the loss column for the division lead with Louisiana.  Should be a heck of a finish to the conference season.

Also considered: #9 Wooster held onto a 10 point halftime lead to down Ohio Wesleyan 66-56, Newbury got a last-second shot block to score the upset over #6 S. Vermont 57-55, #10 Wittenberg cruised past Wabash 78-57, and #18 Stillman pulled away from Hendrix 98-81.

Sim blowout watch: Still winless but Richard Stockton had no trouble covering against #16 Ramapo 49-72 and Wisconsin Eau Claire made #23 Wisconsin La Crosse sweat out a close one 53-64.

ITaLRbHAGotN: #24 Webster 78, Aurora 50.  That's a whole lotta Gorloks.

GotN
#15 Millsaps (17-5)(brianxavier) at #5 Emory (20-3)(phalla)
Time for another big battle between the two recent heavyweights in the University conference.  Emory won the earlier game between these teams to establish a slim one game lead in the standings.  A road win here would put Millsaps into a tie atop the division and make for an exciting division title race.  The home team is favored by a single point.

Also considered: #8 Louisiana at #18 Stillman, Suffolk at #2 Johnson and Wales, #7 Hardin-Simmons at Austin, Grove City at #9 Wooster, and #13 Whittier at Colorado

Sim blowout watch: Sul Ross St is a 53 point home dog against #1 Texas Lutheran.

ITaLRbHAGotN
UMass Dartmouth (17-5)(pureh21) at #19 E. Connecticut St. (19-4)(dickg)
ECS is 13-0 in conference play and this is easily the most challenging of their three remaining games.  The earlier game between these two was a double-overtime thriller, Dartmouth lost that one by just 4 so a road upset here would be pretty sweet.
2/13/2014 4:49 PM
SotD: Tyler Dunlap is a SF for Ohio Northern that played the C position against Marietta. He shot an outstanding 37.5% and 50% from the FT line. He was also a rebounding machine getting an amazing 1 rebound during his 11 minuted on the court. He was also stellar on defense only giving up 2 shots on 3 attempts. This has to be the player of the year.
2/14/2014 9:45 AM
Posted by carson333 on 2/14/2014 9:45:00 AM (view original):
SotD: Tyler Dunlap is a SF for Ohio Northern that played the C position against Marietta. He shot an outstanding 37.5% and 50% from the FT line. He was also a rebounding machine getting an amazing 1 rebound during his 11 minuted on the court. He was also stellar on defense only giving up 2 shots on 3 attempts. This has to be the player of the year.
hahahaha
2/14/2014 1:07 PM
Posted by bullman17 on 2/14/2014 1:07:00 PM (view original):
hahahaha
+1
2/14/2014 2:30 PM
We have a new #1 team as the Spider Monkeys of J-Dub have moved to the top of the heap.

Last Night
#18 Millsaps 43   #4 Emory 54
Remember a few days ago when I pointed out that Louisiana's starting center fouled out of a game against Emory, scoring only 2 points in just 6 minutes on the floor?  Well, Millsaps starting point guard Brian Wolff fouled out of this one, scoring 2 points in 6 minutes of play.  So either Emory has some ingenious strategy for causing fouls on opposing players or they just pay off referees.  Or maybe both.

Also considered: #6 Louisiana got a close road win over #20 Stillman 76-72, #1 Johnson and Wales got past Suffolk 77-67, Austin notched the home upset over #11 Hardin-Simmons 98-90, #7 Wooster lost an 11 point halftime lead but pulled away in overtime to take out Grove City 93-83, and #10 Whittier came from behind to down Colorado 72-60.

Sim blowout watch: Sul Ross St. kept it close enough for a cover against #3 Texas Lutheran 66-88.

ITaLRbHAGotN: #17 E. Connecticut St. built up a big halftime lead and cruised to a 74-55 win over UMass Dartmouth.

GotN
#1 Johnson and Wales (22-1)(spasticity) at #8 S. Vermont (22-3)(funngun10)
It's a meeting of the two division leaders in the Great Northeast conference as J-Dub looks to continue their undefeated conference run and protect their new #1 ranking.  S. Vermont has already clinched the division title while the visitors need one more win to clinch theirs.  The odds-makers have this one as an even pick, should be a good one.

Also considered: #2 Trinity at #18 Millsaps, Sewanee at #6 Louisiana, and #7 Wooster at Earlham

Sim blowout watch: Moravian is getting a hefty 71 points as they visit #15 Penn St. Altoona.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Babson (19-4)(oldave) at Cabrini (15-8)(SimAI)
We have a cross-divisional game in the Pennsylvania conference between division leaders looking to lock up first place.  Babson has a two game lead and only needs one win, while Cabrini is in a tight race with two teams one game behind them.  The visitors are a 6 point favorite.
2/14/2014 3:52 PM
At the risk of jinxing myself:

J-Dub RPI= .6736;  Wooster RPI= .6731
2/14/2014 4:04 PM
just for the record, I have my PG set on the most conservative setting to AVOID fouling out... the dude is a fouling machine.  Back to the bench I guess.
2/14/2014 4:34 PM
Posted by spasticity on 2/14/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
At the risk of jinxing myself:

J-Dub RPI= .6736;  Wooster RPI= .6731
Way to live dangerously spasticity...  I like it.
2/14/2014 5:07 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 2/14/2014 4:34:00 PM (view original):
just for the record, I have my PG set on the most conservative setting to AVOID fouling out... the dude is a fouling machine.  Back to the bench I guess.
I can't believe I have to ask this, but I swore there was a Conversative/Aggresive setting for each player for fouling.  All I can find is Leave in Longer or Take Out Quicker.

Am I missing something?  Clearly I haven't tried to adjust this setting in a while.
2/14/2014 8:12 PM
Posted by westcoast22 on 2/14/2014 8:12:00 PM (view original):
I can't believe I have to ask this, but I swore there was a Conversative/Aggresive setting for each player for fouling.  All I can find is Leave in Longer or Take Out Quicker.

Am I missing something?  Clearly I haven't tried to adjust this setting in a while.
No, by conservative I'm assuming that he had the player set to Take Out Quicker, and the player still managed to foul out.
2/15/2014 6:12 AM
haha, now this is funny. I'm actually in that conference and have had to put up with it on a daily basis, which has actually been kinda fun in a masochistic type of way.
2/15/2014 6:14 AM
SotD: There 5 teams in the top 64 of the projection report that have not yet reached the 14 wins mark. 3 of them are in University.
2/15/2014 8:46 AM
Posted by westcoast22 on 2/14/2014 8:12:00 PM (view original):

Yes, I forgot what it was called - but I mean "take out quicker" which should help him avoid fouling out.  The SOB runs after the opposing team and just pops them the first chance he can get, so it's not helping much!  11 min last night versus Trinity!
2/15/2014 8:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 71 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.