ODL-40 Team Compositions Topic

ok! how fun! one born every minute. haha. 10 it is. thank you, sir. see ya in 6.5 weeks
8/11/2012 11:04 AM
I want in on this action
8/11/2012 12:07 PM
but you didn't say anything bad about nate's team
8/11/2012 12:29 PM
Bryant, Howard, Pierce is not a good trio.  U need to pair Kobe with players like Rodman, Wallace, Kidd, etc.
8/11/2012 1:47 PM
we know, nc... but i say this trio makes the dance. nate has a plan. haha.
8/11/2012 1:54 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 8/11/2012 1:54:00 PM (view original):
we know, nc... but i say this trio makes the dance. nate has a plan. haha.
I doubt it.  In the last ODL, the Kobe Bryant, David Robinson, ------- ------- trio only won 34 games.  I'd give u odds that he won't make the playoffs if he's in my division.
8/11/2012 3:01 PM
it wouldn't be as much fun taking your money as it would be taking malone's. all i can say to you nc, is what billy the kid said when confronted with 15 snarling, low-down, dirty hombre sheriffs: "many a slip twix a cup and a lip," (and he got away).
8/11/2012 3:36 PM
Hakeem's problem is that his fouls + to's approach 600 every season.... and that is bad. If you surround him with people who don't foul or turn the ball over he can be a force, but he isnt really a Sim friendly force.

btw, if you want to see a player whose fouls + turnovers are truly staggering, take a look at a PF on Philadelphia in the late 70's.
8/11/2012 8:17 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 8/11/2012 3:36:00 PM (view original):
it wouldn't be as much fun taking your money as it would be taking malone's. all i can say to you nc, is what billy the kid said when confronted with 15 snarling, low-down, dirty hombre sheriffs: "many a slip twix a cup and a lip," (and he got away).
Scud do you want to double down on the amount of wins he has compared to my meager squad?
8/11/2012 9:30 PM
Posted by robocoach on 8/11/2012 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Hakeem's problem is that his fouls + to's approach 600 every season.... and that is bad. If you surround him with people who don't foul or turn the ball over he can be a force, but he isnt really a Sim friendly force.

btw, if you want to see a player whose fouls + turnovers are truly staggering, take a look at a PF on Philadelphia in the late 70's.
What helps Dream is if you give him what he never had in real life, a strong defensive PG, SG, and SF.
8/11/2012 9:31 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 8/11/2012 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Bryant, Howard, Pierce is not a good trio.  U need to pair Kobe with players like Rodman, Wallace, Kidd, etc.
That's who I wanted to pair Kobe with ;)
8/11/2012 10:00 PM
15) ashamael - Kevin Durant, Tyson Chandler, Carlos Boozer,

This has not gone the way I wanted.  2nd three-peat looks doubtful.  I still like the squad... it's just not my type of squad.  If I get the two other players I'm looking at, I'll call myself the favorite.  Of course, if I get the other two players I'm looking at, I'll call myself a cheating bastard because there's no way I get both of them and a strong possibility I get neither.

Here's what I like about my guys:  10.5 usage points already, making my last pair of picks pretty easy to manage with usage.  Durant's '12 season is insane - I cannot wait to use it.  Despite his fantastic efg% , he's still not a reliable guy that gets me easy 2 after easy 2, which I've made no secret is the way I like to build teams.  I passed over Gilmore despite this... but I really wanted to use that new Durant season.  Boozer gives me some of that with elite boards for a guy of his type... but his ****** defense makes me a little uneasy.  Chandler can cover for him, but Chandler's not exactly elite - only above average.  Durant, for that matter, isn't an elite defender and probably won't be able to cover my PG if I draft a defensively weak one.  I'm solid on the defensive boards but a little weak on the offensive ones (I like for my SG to have more than 1.8%... jeez).  I'm okay on assists but don't think I'm gonna break my preferred bottom of 60% cumulative between my starting five unless I get lucky.  My turnovers are atrocious while my fouls are higher than I like.

8/12/2012 1:48 AM
Harden went way too long without being drafted. I'm just glad someone like Ash or dh didn't get him, I wouldve taken him myself but couldn't find a great way to fit him in.
8/12/2012 9:07 AM
Chris Paul-Mel Daniels-Troy Murphy was hardly what I was planning in the 1st 3 rounds but I am warming up to them for some suble reasons.

1.) Haven't spent a huge amout of money
2.) Turnovers very low
3.) Have a lot of flexibility for rounds 4 and 5.
8/12/2012 9:36 AM
Murphy is usually a second round pick. If he had fallen a couple more picks I would've traded Camby and picked him.
8/12/2012 12:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...13 Next ▸
ODL-40 Team Compositions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.