DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

didnt relize this league was ababa im not complaining but dont feel like its to fair also sly who would you have takenn instead of reed?
5/10/2013 11:27 PM
Did you guys see what iccoach just did? He added McGrady and Ewing to Lebron??? That is so terrible to ruin Lebron's best season and perhaps the best SIM season in history. I can see Ewing for inside scoring and 88 defense for 40 mpg. McGrady just spoils the team. But hey we're looking at and average of over 30% usage X 3 all at an average of 55 EFG% so let's see what happens. 

I'm sure that iccoachb taking both McGrady and Ewing just killed natenoy's dream for this season. 
5/10/2013 11:37 PM
Posted by badja on 5/10/2013 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Listing Keem/Reed as dead last?  What's so special about Admiral/Ibaka? McHale/ Lucas is even lighter on boards than I am with about the same efg  .Kidd has not done much lately in draft leagues and neither has Marion.  I like them, but they are looking at bigs by committee.  Billups is another guy who is not on winning teams like he was years ago.  Felon has a nice beginning, but a long wait for his next picks. 

Sly might have the best combo so far.   Logain has unlimited options moving forward.  I have usage basically sewn up already with two 30ppg guys that shoot over 55%.  #22 overall?  hmm
i kinda agree with sly on dream/reed....mostly because of when they were picked....15th for hakeem?...he should be someone youre trying to steal in the 2nd....reed is solid but but hes nothing special as a 2nd rounder.....probably could have got him in the 3rd

and how dare you talk bad about mr big shot in my commentary thread...i should report that post

5/10/2013 11:42 PM
Posted by vancem on 5/10/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Did you guys see what iccoach just did? He added McGrady and Ewing to Lebron??? That is so terrible to ruin Lebron's best season and perhaps the best SIM season in history. I can see Ewing for inside scoring and 88 defense for 40 mpg. McGrady just spoils the team. But hey we're looking at and average of over 30% usage X 3 all at an average of 55 EFG% so let's see what happens. 

I'm sure that iccoachb taking both McGrady and Ewing just killed natenoy's dream for this season. 
not if hes taking 1 of the 2 guys i think he might
5/10/2013 11:43 PM
Posted by badja on 5/10/2013 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Listing Keem/Reed as dead last?  What's so special about Admiral/Ibaka? McHale/ Lucas is even lighter on boards than I am with about the same efg  .Kidd has not done much lately in draft leagues and neither has Marion.  I like them, but they are looking at bigs by committee.  Billups is another guy who is not on winning teams like he was years ago.  Felon has a nice beginning, but a long wait for his next picks. 

Sly might have the best combo so far.   Logain has unlimited options moving forward.  I have usage basically sewn up already with two 30ppg guys that shoot over 55%.  #22 overall?  hmm
Eh, like I said, it was a quick run through.  Hakeem/Reed is ugly to me because while Hakeem is a stud on D, he has too high usage with too low efg% for that usage.  While neither of their rb% are spectacular, they are decent, but he and Reed both foul way too much.  I'm just not a fan of either player in the sim.

Admiral/Ibaka brings a ton of D to the table with great efg%.  Needs the right mix of guys at the other positions to make it work, but I was intrigued by the pairing. 

McHale/Lucas is interesting because McHale can play SF, and Lucas can play either big.  I think that when I was initially doing my rankings, I must have taken into account that tarheel was going to get an extra pick in the 4th which I should not have done as this is a ranking on the current duos.  I'd probably move this pairing down for now.  Knowing tarheel though, it'll be a contender.

I like the Kidd/Matrix pairing if played correctly.  I've paired them up in different themes before (not in a draft league though) and been successful.  That team will need some scoring & rebounding (as you correctly point out) obviously to make it work, but I like the start, especially since both are favorites of mine in the sim.

Billups has definitely plunged in my book and I rarely use him anymore.  4 usage point for a 50% efg shooter isn't what I like to use.  He has excellent ast% and gets to the line and makes them a ton, doesn't turn it over too much and plays D so it's really just dependent on who you pair him with.  I don't like Erving much even though he brings a lot to the table.  I just have always found someone else to play either SG or SF that suits my style of squad better.  Looking at my rankings again, I'd probably move Billups/Erving down a couple spots, but it's a tough call.  

Yeah, felon having to wait a while kinda puts a damper on the start to that squad, but it's a pretty dang good start I think.  I like the versatility with the picks.  Knowing that he'd wait a long while before picks, grabbing a couple guys that can play multiple positions was a good idea to allow for options when it finally got back around to him.  

I guess what I didn't initially like about your squad was the rb%.  If I had grabbed Kareem in the 1st, I would have targeted a lower usage big that grabbed a ton of boards in the 2nd or possibly a pg, but that's just personal preference.  I guess it really comes down to who is the best available player on the board and how many players are left in each particular tier that may still be around by the time it gets back to you.  But, since Big Mac and Kareem are both are so effective, I'm sure the rebounding won't be an issue.  I have no doubt you'll find the right pieces to make it work.  You're right, better than the 22 I gave you.

And thanks for the compliment on my combo!
5/11/2013 1:22 AM (edited)
but yea...mcgrady and lebron on the same team is insane....thatll be fun to watch
5/10/2013 11:44 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/10/2013 11:44:00 PM (view original):
but yea...mcgrady and lebron on the same team is insane....thatll be fun to watch
Fixed that for you dh :)

Quote post by dh555 on 5/10/2013 11:44:00 PM:
but yea...mcgrady and lebron on the same team is insane....thatll be fun to beat.
5/10/2013 11:50 PM
Posted by slymonium on 5/10/2013 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/10/2013 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Fixed that for you dh :)

Quote post by dh555 on 5/10/2013 11:44:00 PM:
but yea...mcgrady and lebron on the same team is insane....thatll be fun to beat.
haha....yea pretty much....except i probably wont look to draft them in my division because that 12-13 lebron is so good id be scared he could turn that clusterfu*k of usage into a winning squad
5/11/2013 12:00 AM
He'll win some games, but it's not playoff team. That's just crazy.
5/11/2013 12:23 AM
Posted by steelers821 on 5/10/2013 11:27:00 PM (view original):
didnt relize this league was ababa im not complaining but dont feel like its to fair also sly who would you have takenn instead of reed?
It is ababab with 2 picks in the 6th. History has proven this to be very fair.
5/11/2013 1:03 AM
Power Rankings
Through 2nd Round

1. iccoachb - LeBron James, Tracy McGardy
logain - Chris Paul, Magic Johnson
3. theyard - Michael Jordan, Marcus Camby
badja - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob McAdoo
5. 98average - Julius Erving, Chauncey Billups
6. dh555 - Kevin Durant, John Stockton
7. mikee1 Wilt Chamberlain, Paul Pierce
8. maglor1 - Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson
9. seapilots - David Robinson, Serge Ibaka
10. tricky24 - Dwyane Wade, Elton Brand
11. steelers821 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Willis Reed
12. vancem - Moses Malone, Anfrernee Hardaway
13. felonius - Tim Duncan, Scottie Pippen
14. thomcat - Karl Malone, Dikemebe Mutombo
15. coachcroft - Larry Bird, Shawn Kemp
16. eleibowitz - Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen
17. ashamael - Ben Wallace, Manu Ginobili
18. tanguma44 - Charles Barkley, Mookie Blaylock
19. banditone - Shaquille O'Neal, Stephen Curry
20. natenoy - Dennis Rodman, Tyson Chandler
21. slymonium - Dwight Howard, Donyell Marshall
22. longtallbrad - Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion
23. tarheel1991 - Kevin McHale, Jerry Lucas
5/11/2013 1:17 AM
Posted by ashamael on 5/10/2013 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty sure that the last time 98 won a title, most of you didn't even play this sim.  I wouldn't put any stock in what he has to say.  He already showed himself (and tang for agreeing with him) dumb.
I was looking at Ash's picks for best players in the league and the seasons that he used for a few of them were totally wrong

for reference:

12-13 Lebron  (can there even be debate on this?)

66-67 Wilt  (can there even be debate on this?)

89-90 Jordan (can there even be debate on this?  If you say 88-89, you're dumb)

91-92 Rodman (can there even be debate on this?)

3500 minute/57% fg Kareem (some debate - but I did win the ODL with this Kareem... I like the extra 300+ minutes over the 3200 one that had better boards. Playing the captain 48mpg in the playoffs > 2% more boards and a smidge more defense.)

10-11 Howard (some debate - the 07-08 is great as a support as is the 09-10, but the 10-11 gives you that next tier of usage, making building around him much easier)

78-79 Moses (can there even be debate on this?)

93-94 Shaq (best overall year.  99-00 gives better defense/less fouls at a cost of fg% & minutes, 94-95 gives extremely low tov% & 00-01 is the best at getting to the line/bargain deal... those three (as well as a couple of others) are really good, too, but 3200+ minutes of 60% fg/2nd tier usage trumps them.  At least this one can be debated).

Totally wrong?  Please enlighten us.
You are wrong on all of them except Kareem, Rodman and Howard. I didn't win 50 titles by accident. If you think I have no clue then why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

I am.
5/11/2013 1:47 AM
I am afraid that there's a certain amount of random bullshit to your rankings, which is to say they dont meet the eye test for internal integrity - I'd love to hear your ideas regarding the 'system' you are using to come up with them
5/11/2013 1:58 AM (edited)
Posted by 98average on 5/11/2013 1:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 5/10/2013 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty sure that the last time 98 won a title, most of you didn't even play this sim.  I wouldn't put any stock in what he has to say.  He already showed himself (and tang for agreeing with him) dumb.
I was looking at Ash's picks for best players in the league and the seasons that he used for a few of them were totally wrong

for reference:

12-13 Lebron  (can there even be debate on this?)

66-67 Wilt  (can there even be debate on this?)

89-90 Jordan (can there even be debate on this?  If you say 88-89, you're dumb)

91-92 Rodman (can there even be debate on this?)

3500 minute/57% fg Kareem (some debate - but I did win the ODL with this Kareem... I like the extra 300+ minutes over the 3200 one that had better boards. Playing the captain 48mpg in the playoffs > 2% more boards and a smidge more defense.)

10-11 Howard (some debate - the 07-08 is great as a support as is the 09-10, but the 10-11 gives you that next tier of usage, making building around him much easier)

78-79 Moses (can there even be debate on this?)

93-94 Shaq (best overall year.  99-00 gives better defense/less fouls at a cost of fg% & minutes, 94-95 gives extremely low tov% & 00-01 is the best at getting to the line/bargain deal... those three (as well as a couple of others) are really good, too, but 3200+ minutes of 60% fg/2nd tier usage trumps them.  At least this one can be debated).

Totally wrong?  Please enlighten us.
You are wrong on all of them except Kareem, Rodman and Howard. I didn't win 50 titles by accident. If you think I have no clue then why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

I am.
I actually kinda think you did win 50 titles by accident.

I don't gamble.  And you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

5/11/2013 3:15 AM
Okay, risking to be told to f(beep) off by both(Ash and 98) here I go. Normally, many factors go into it but numeric gifted people like you too guys tend to develop either behavior over humbleness (cough, cough, Ash) so it reprieve his natural antisocial behavior.... or grows a blunt arrogant behavior like tell it as it is type of attitude without much care or emphatic love for people around (cough, cough, cough 98) and like the old saying goes equal charges repel. The point being 98, I have seen you build one team and and you're not to be taken lightly and those 50 ships are not accident at all. Ash my friend I love you and can you be kind enough to understand they're not critical of you but of of some pieces of your information... information which can be given to you by a wrong source or simply bad perspective in the heat of a conversation :)
5/11/2013 7:13 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.