ODL Evaluation Thread. Natenoy vs Vancem Topic

Fully updated evals and player rankings from Nate through the first 91 picks.
6/22/2013 12:45 AM
Well done, Nate. I'm on a train now and enjoyed reading those.
6/22/2013 1:17 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 6/22/2013 1:17:00 AM (view original):
And Vance.
6/22/2013 1:24 AM
Thx nate. Nate I'm way to lazy to look at old draft orders and this is only my second ODL, so I don't know who's who or what's what. I have a game within a game I like to play, I like to put somewhat obscure players on the AS list. My latest achivment was putting Terry Cummings on the DDL AS list. Also I see a great deal of discussion about eFG% drafted, I have alot of leagues where I draft a 48%FG and turn them into a 51-52%FG player using a strong assist mechinism. What you missed about J Smith is his +150ast% which is there to help feed KD. I want KD to shoot over 60%.  I do hunt for players that are good but unpopular at the time on WIS, this really keeps me from having to rework my intended roster 10 times. I've had these players written down since picking KD and they were all there for me. Look at my 90def's PG/SF/C, now think about how this distribution will effect my ablity to DT players. My DT's will work just fine. Finally I have developed stratagies for dealing with the TO's & PF's, they are quite good at holding my teams to league average and that's all I need.  It is weird building teams with less popular players, I'm usually think I just built the league ***** and it only took a month. lol
6/22/2013 1:38 AM

"Fight your enemy where he's not". I don't try to win the battle for boards in the paint, I try to beat my opponent in mid & perimeter boards. In leagues with really high 3pta I see a great deal more boards going to my SF & guards. This is where KD, Rondo & Smith are valuble. The  team looks good to me, it may work, we'll see.

6/22/2013 1:56 AM
Posted by slymonium on 6/22/2013 1:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 6/22/2013 1:17:00 AM (view original):
And Vance.
Vance too. I hadn't seen his updates yet.
6/22/2013 2:30 AM
Posted by smokey57 on 6/22/2013 1:38:00 AM (view original):
Thx nate. Nate I'm way to lazy to look at old draft orders and this is only my second ODL, so I don't know who's who or what's what. I have a game within a game I like to play, I like to put somewhat obscure players on the AS list. My latest achivment was putting Terry Cummings on the DDL AS list. Also I see a great deal of discussion about eFG% drafted, I have alot of leagues where I draft a 48%FG and turn them into a 51-52%FG player using a strong assist mechinism. What you missed about J Smith is his +150ast% which is there to help feed KD. I want KD to shoot over 60%.  I do hunt for players that are good but unpopular at the time on WIS, this really keeps me from having to rework my intended roster 10 times. I've had these players written down since picking KD and they were all there for me. Look at my 90def's PG/SF/C, now think about how this distribution will effect my ablity to DT players. My DT's will work just fine. Finally I have developed stratagies for dealing with the TO's & PF's, they are quite good at holding my teams to league average and that's all I need.  It is weird building teams with less popular players, I'm usually think I just built the league ***** and it only took a month. lol
Sorry to those of you who see "You are blocking the author of this post, smokey57." This one is just too ripe. I have a game within a game I like to play as well.
6/22/2013 2:55 AM
Posted by smokey57 on 6/22/2013 1:56:00 AM (view original):

"Fight your enemy where he's not". I don't try to win the battle for boards in the paint, I try to beat my opponent in mid & perimeter boards. In leagues with really high 3pta I see a great deal more boards going to my SF & guards. This is where KD, Rondo & Smith are valuble. The  team looks good to me, it may work, we'll see.

:-s
6/22/2013 2:56 AM
Is there a freak'n echo...  I got your game right here Sly, Show me what you got...
6/22/2013 3:12 AM
squat..
6/22/2013 3:12 AM
I'm sorry...Tired, Old Squat...
6/22/2013 3:13 AM
Posted by slymonium on 6/22/2013 2:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by smokey57 on 6/22/2013 1:56:00 AM (view original):

:-s
I don't try to win the battle for boards in the paint, I try to beat my opponent in mid & perimeter boards

This is the most insane quote yet.  Of course since I am now blocking too, who know what stupidity I has missed out on.
6/22/2013 10:26 AM
This is Vance. please don't block me out as my feelings get hurt very easily.
6/22/2013 10:42 AM
Posted by odlwannabees on 6/22/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):
This is Vance. please don't block me out as my feelings get hurt very easily.
I could never block you scarecrow
6/22/2013 10:53 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback and thanks to Vance for teaching me how to write a proper eval with all of his previous work in the DH$52. As we close out these next few rounds we hope to get into the point/counter-point theme a little more, plus there will be room for that with our final takes on each squad.

Also, thanks to ash for adding his own input, it's always helpful to see what someone with your track record thinks about the teams as they are being built.
6/22/2013 12:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...17 Next ▸
ODL Evaluation Thread. Natenoy vs Vancem Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.