DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

I confirm the trade. mikee and I have swapped our 3rd, 4th and 6th round picks. I am up and select Patrick Ewing.

7/26/2013 1:20 PM
Posted by ashamael on 7/21/2013 10:38:00 PM (view original):
this works out terribly for me... I'm going out of town wednesday night through sunday.

The way things used to go, the draft wouldn't have even started yet.

As it is now, I'm going to be gone during rounds 2 & 3 most likely.

as you can see....ash is on vacation

im going to hold up the draft until ash makes his pick

couple reasons...

1. ash is right...if we didnt start so early with the first round his vacation would not be affected by the clock....had he known, he might have just sat this one out

2. ash is aware of his draft times...theres a chance he will still be able to check in and make a pick before he returns from his vacation sunday night

3. the alternative is we wait until tomorrow night and skip him...then wait until sunday afternoon so we can skip him again....he may get back sunday and see how much hes been skipped and decide to bail...that would leave us trying to find an owner to replace him(which wont be an easy sell and id probably have to end up taking the team- which i dont want) and we wouldnt have the enjoyment of whatever commentary ash was going to provide us with this draft

so....thats why im holding up the draft...hopefully you see where im coming from...if not we can talk it over but my decision is final here
7/26/2013 2:11 PM
I'm on the road constantly, I make George Clooney in Up in the Air look like a homebody - unless he's out in the woods somewhere off the grid he can figure it out
7/26/2013 2:32 PM
Muthafuckin snakes on da muthafuckin plane! Wrong movie?
7/26/2013 2:35 PM
Posted by dh555 on 7/26/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 7/21/2013 10:38:00 PM (view original):
this works out terribly for me... I'm going out of town wednesday night through sunday.

The way things used to go, the draft wouldn't have even started yet.

As it is now, I'm going to be gone during rounds 2 & 3 most likely.

as you can see....ash is on vacation

im going to hold up the draft until ash makes his pick

couple reasons...

1. ash is right...if we didnt start so early with the first round his vacation would not be affected by the clock....had he known, he might have just sat this one out

2. ash is aware of his draft times...theres a chance he will still be able to check in and make a pick before he returns from his vacation sunday night

3. the alternative is we wait until tomorrow night and skip him...then wait until sunday afternoon so we can skip him again....he may get back sunday and see how much hes been skipped and decide to bail...that would leave us trying to find an owner to replace him(which wont be an easy sell and id probably have to end up taking the team- which i dont want) and we wouldnt have the enjoyment of whatever commentary ash was going to provide us with this draft

so....thats why im holding up the draft...hopefully you see where im coming from...if not we can talk it over but my decision is final here
DH ive been in bumf*ck Oregon and Upstate NY and I still got my proxy or pick.  There's no reason ash can't do the same.  It wasn't fair to me and I made it happen
7/26/2013 2:42 PM
well...like i said...im thinking ash will be able to check in to pick and not hold us up too long...this was sort of a precautionary measure in case there was no word from him until sunday night....just wanted to avoid any major problems(like having to replace someone mid draft)

if you guys feel like im being unfair or showing biased i can always reconsider my decision if enough people have a problem with it...ash cant be skipped until tomorrow evening anyway so ill have a good feel of what do do by then

7/26/2013 2:54 PM
we don't have to worry about skipping him until tomorrow afternoon anyway so let's see what happens - I don't think he'll disappoint us
7/26/2013 3:20 PM (edited)
I think she will disappoint us and it's bullshit to stop the draft for one person. She should have dropped out or proxied, period. Do not fuk up a good league because of one person. Just you thinking that is alright is bullchit. Losing a lot of respect for you dh. I like everyone else has been traveling etc. and never had a friggin draft stopped for me or anyone else. Instead I had to hear people cry because I held up the draft.

Rethink this situation.
7/26/2013 3:27 PM
You guys are actually lucky that I'm not the one holding up the draft at this point. After that devastating "ELVIN HAYES" pick I didn't know what to do LOL. However, letting ash get Ewing to run with Russell and Oscar well . . . that wasn't going to happen!
7/26/2013 3:35 PM
I'm fine with waiting until the clock catches up with the draft and then assessing.  Ash is a conscientious and competitive owner.  Since he didn't leave proxies behind, he may be planning on finding a way to connect and make his picks on time. 
7/26/2013 3:44 PM
Posted by 98average on 7/26/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):
I think she will disappoint us and it's bullshit to stop the draft for one person. She should have dropped out or proxied, period. Do not fuk up a good league because of one person. Just you thinking that is alright is bullchit. Losing a lot of respect for you dh. I like everyone else has been traveling etc. and never had a friggin draft stopped for me or anyone else. Instead I had to hear people cry because I held up the draft.

Rethink this situation.
Dude...
7/26/2013 3:45 PM
Do you see what happens Larry! Do you see what happens Larry! Do you see what happens when you **** a stranger in the ***!
7/26/2013 4:07 PM
sly you're out of your element!
7/26/2013 4:10 PM
What the **** are you talking about? The Chinaman is not the issue here!
7/26/2013 4:14 PM
Posted by 98average on 7/26/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):

Rethink this situation.
Seriously.  I don't care what kind of beef you two have, but even you have to admit that ash has never screwed us on time, and until the moment that he does seriously hold us up I think you should be quiet.

Ash has ALWAYS been a solid owner.  You may think he is a douchebag, but he has does more to advance the knowledge base in the sim community than you have ever cared to try and in many ways has been selfless when it comes to analysis and sharing with others. 

You need to rethink not jumping off of a 20 story building.
7/26/2013 4:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...39 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.