DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Posted by slymonium on 7/26/2013 4:14:00 PM (view original):
What the **** are you talking about? The Chinaman is not the issue here!
Huh? No, what the **** are you … I'm not … we're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude.
7/26/2013 4:52 PM
This isn't Vietnam, there are RULES!
7/26/2013 5:23 PM
damn...shoulda just let this go until tomorrow....

youre outa your element donny!

(my name btw...ive been hearing that quote my whole life)

7/26/2013 6:25 PM
No Donny.  These men are cowards.

7/26/2013 6:56 PM
Posted by 98average on 7/26/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):
I think she will disappoint us and it's bullshit to stop the draft for one person. She should have dropped out or proxied, period. Do not fuk up a good league because of one person. Just you thinking that is alright is bullchit. Losing a lot of respect for you dh. I like everyone else has been traveling etc. and never had a friggin draft stopped for me or anyone else. Instead I had to hear people cry because I held up the draft.

Rethink this situation.
Were you listening to the Dudes story?
7/26/2013 7:17 PM
This same thing happened to me once and nobody felt sorry for me! I like Ash better than 98average  but 98's right. Simply, ash knows what's up with proxies. You guys are just afraid that if ya'll go on picking that Ash will ream you when he gets back. If he was worried about to many spots ahead of him to possibly proxy, then he should have submitted 4 or 5 names at least and if none of them are left, then we have to wait. Didn't we once say something about a gentlemen's 12 hour rule for untimed picks? Look at yourself in the mirror and ask if it was 98 or Tang would you feel the same way? The answer is no, the draft should go on.   
7/26/2013 7:37 PM
Posted by coachcroft on 7/26/2013 7:37:00 PM (view original):
This same thing happened to me once and nobody felt sorry for me! I like Ash better than 98average  but 98's right. Simply, ash knows what's up with proxies. You guys are just afraid that if ya'll go on picking that Ash will ream you when he gets back. If he was worried about to many spots ahead of him to possibly proxy, then he should have submitted 4 or 5 names at least and if none of them are left, then we have to wait. Didn't we once say something about a gentlemen's 12 hour rule for untimed picks? Look at yourself in the mirror and ask if it was 98 or Tang would you feel the same way? The answer is no, the draft should go on.   
Coach is would stand on the side of the offender no matter who it was if they had a good record as an owner of being thoughtful in drafting, schedule wise.  If it was 98 and ash started talking crap about him I would respond the same way.  I think that if ash runs past his time (which expires tomorrow) then others are free to draft.  I am not having pity on ash, but this isn't in his nature and he is on vacation...I say cut him some slack until his time is up.

Ash may have had an issue where a proxy wouldn't be reasonable.  Who wants to turn in a draft proxy with 12 names on it?  
7/26/2013 8:02 PM
Posted by vancem on 7/26/2013 3:35:00 PM (view original):
You guys are actually lucky that I'm not the one holding up the draft at this point. After that devastating "ELVIN HAYES" pick I didn't know what to do LOL. However, letting ash get Ewing to run with Russell and Oscar well . . . that wasn't going to happen!
BTW..this made me laugh...a lot.

Your thought about Ewing was very similar to my thought with Daniels.  Except for trading usage, defense, and fouls for rebounding and more rebounding
7/26/2013 8:06 PM
if tang or 98 alerted me before i started the clock like ash did id look out for them too...i dont have favorites...i dont even know any of you guys...youre all ravenous a$sholes as far as im concerned...myself included...but i enjoy competing against all of you...and i want everyone to be at full strength if possible...i thought i had decent reasons and i figured we could go one weekend without some picks seeing as we got a head start and all

but hey...you guys are right..we shouldnt hold up the draft for one person...and since my approval rating is taking a beating, i better flip-flop from my original post and declare the clock is back on!

but how about we dont skip his 4th...i kinda remember something about "an owner cant get skipped twice" before...he gets back sunday anyway and if he hasnt picked im sure he'll be dying to log on and make his picks..so we wouldnt be holding it up that long....sound good?

7/26/2013 8:11 PM
So I should wait until his time slot expires before picking still right? I have no problem with that.
7/26/2013 8:20 PM
Malone doesn't know his azz from his elbow. The issue is whether we should stop the draft the whole weekend while ash is on vacation. The answer is no. It's not a question of "cutting her some slack" until her time is up tomorrow. Dh wants to stop the draft completely until she comes back. That is the issue. Read before you comment you clown.

Dh the biggest issue I see is what has she done to try and rectify the situation? Has she sent a proxy? No. Has she tried to get someone to pick for her? No. Has she talked about maybe someone else taking over the team since she is obviously on vacation? No. Has she said anything other than crying that she is going to band camp this weekend and the draft starting early? No. I'll take over the damn team to keep the draft going.

Having said all that she probably will appear at some point tomorrow and pick and all this will be for naught. But the bottom line is you can't set a precedent like that for one owner going to band camp.
7/26/2013 8:23 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 7/26/2013 8:20:00 PM (view original):
So I should wait until his time slot expires before picking still right? I have no problem with that.
correct
7/26/2013 8:25 PM
that over/under 20.5 wins is getting me concerned - first there was comment on my nate Archibald pick now it elvin hayes -- and to think I thought I was on to something --- waiting for 4 rd pick
7/26/2013 8:41 PM
Posted by pennsylvania on 7/26/2013 8:41:00 PM (view original):
that over/under 20.5 wins is getting me concerned - first there was comment on my nate Archibald pick now it elvin hayes -- and to think I thought I was on to something --- waiting for 4 rd pick
Your next two picks should be:

1.  A Young Priest
2.  An Old Priest

Oh I got the under on that bet BTW

7/26/2013 8:44 PM
I was debating between defense - fg% or rebounding -- any suggestions ---- PS the only priests I know (except Father Anthony) are JudasPriest & Priest Holmes - neither of the latter two are going to do me any good
7/26/2013 9:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...39 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.