DDL 3 - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

A slight reach at worst, but certainly not bad and probably defensible at #2.  Still, I'm banking on finding decent combinations of usage and offensive efficiency in later rounds, and that particular season of Robinson should be studly in this league.
9/30/2013 2:15 PM
4 players left I wouldn't mind having with my first pick with 4 picks left ahead of me. 8/9 which i figured were locks as picks before me. I have a 5th choice but am hoping he or one of players that aren't one of my 4 choices are picked before I am up.
10/1/2013 11:21 AM
sounds like a conumdrum... hoping a certain player gets drafted before he gets to you... u don't want him, but have to take him. : /

i know who u'r talking about... not great fg%, but so good in all other departments
10/1/2013 11:33 AM
scud who was the top player on your list?
10/1/2013 8:03 PM
DROB... monster in this league. who will compete against him? shaq will go 50% fg against him... hakeem might foul out against him, so will ewing. garnet won't stop him... maybe the worm can slow him up some, but worm doesn't score. anyway... the admiral was my number 1.

100 def @ 55% fg, 26% usage, good board numbers and hits hit free throws, which are a lot. jordan's nice, too, so is shaq and worm... and others, BUT 
10/1/2013 9:10 PM (edited)
id go rodman/jordan/shaq/malone/drob/hakeem/duncan

rodman gives you so many options...no one comes close to him on the glass

i love drob...but he cant score like jordan/malone/shaq.....big difference imo between 30% usg and 26%...those guys should be the mvp frontrunners

10/1/2013 10:19 PM
I have the next pick and would be interested in moving down. Depending on where you fall in the draft, I'm looking to give up my first and tenth round (double picks) for a second, third, and a fifth.

Steep price, but guaranteed to have two great players. SM me.
10/1/2013 11:31 PM
Posted by dh555 on 10/1/2013 10:19:00 PM (view original):

i love drob...but he cant score like jordan/malone/shaq.....big difference imo between 30% usg and 26%...those guys should be the mvp frontrunners

rodman is one-dimensional... if you only care for rebounding, take him... if you want more scoring from drob, choose the other version at 32% usage... he boards better than shaq and malone and hakeem, hits his free throws, doesn't foul like malone or hakeem, nor turn the ball over. i don't see how how you rank rodman as the number 1... he goes number 5 or 6.   
10/2/2013 10:59 AM
I started to pass on Malone and take Garnett..then I noticed Malones '96-97' season, what a monster year he had. 55%fg @ 32.7use, 83/234rbs, 156ast & def90. The key to the '96' season is 2.8to/g & 2.6pf/g, Malone & DRob are type II sim poison, type I is high use, low fg%...type II is a player that fouls too much one nite and to's too much the next..rarely giving you a clean game. Normally @ +3.5 to's & pf's per game Malone has this tendency, @ 2.8to's & 2.6pf's type II sim poison shouldn't be a problem. The 'Mailman' is going to be bad..bad..bad newz in the 90's.   GL   
10/2/2013 5:51 PM

Malone will mess with D-Rob! D-Rob won't see the final buzzer trying to defend Malone...

10/2/2013 6:01 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 10/2/2013 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 10/1/2013 10:19:00 PM (view original):

rodman is one-dimensional... if you only care for rebounding, take him... if you want more scoring from drob, choose the other version at 32% usage... he boards better than shaq and malone and hakeem, hits his free throws, doesn't foul like malone or hakeem, nor turn the ball over. i don't see how how you rank rodman as the number 1... he goes number 5 or 6.   
drob - 12/23.2

shaq - 11.4/23.3

malone - 8.3/23.4

hakeem - 10/24.8

not that much better...you can make up for the oreb% later on

malone fouls less(3.5 fp48) than drob(4.1 fp48) and makes his free throws...and because of his usg he will probably end up shooting more than drob too

im second guessing the rodman #1 thing....comes down to who falls with his next 3 or 4 picks...which makes him a riskier pick...so yea hes probably 5/6

10/2/2013 6:05 PM
who am i kidding....its the 90s...my 10 year old self would hate me right now for not ranking jordan anything but 1st
10/2/2013 6:08 PM
lol... ok... (type 1 and type 2 sounds like diabetes categories to me). you win. DRob falls a few notches on my future draft board due to having a rubber neck and blinders on.
10/2/2013 6:10 PM
That Malone season is awesome. The 32.7% usg cannot be overlooked especially in a thin league like this!

I think it's....MJ, Malone, DRob, Shaq, Rodman
10/2/2013 9:03 PM
Then Dream and his 300 fouls. Can't argue with Stockton. Ewing, Zo and Dikembe are solid for this format.
10/2/2013 9:05 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
DDL 3 - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.