DDL 3 - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

I'm not in this league, but I don't see a logical reason that Rodman should be drafted lower than 2 (and I'd take him #1) in this league.  You can find scorers fairly easily.  No one in the 1990s rebounds like him.
10/3/2013 8:57 PM
rodman can't compare with jordan, nor a couple of the other centers. like was said previously, if you put a premium on boards, then he's your guy, but that's all he does. in the first few picks, i prefer a player who can bring the kitchen sink... shaq, malone, jordan, drob, etc. rodman's great, no doubt, but, imo, not that great. even in other leagues, there's a handful of players i'd take before the worm.... especially lebron, jordan, moses, shaq, howard, and kareem
10/3/2013 9:38 PM (edited)
Bird at SF- 22% creb, 20% asst, 78 def, but only 49% eFG.

We'll see if those assists and low fouls make up for the mediocre shooting.
10/4/2013 9:56 AM
Not surprised but not happy to witness the slow but steady decimation of my draft board, including all the "hidden gems" I just assumed I was the only guy smart enough to notice.

10/4/2013 10:14 AM
Posted by badja on 10/4/2013 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Bird at SF- 22% creb, 20% asst, 78 def, but only 49% eFG.

We'll see if those assists and low fouls make up for the mediocre shooting.
Low minutes, too, but I think that season is a legit second round pick in this league.  Kind of Waltonesque in that you get a lot out of a little package.
10/4/2013 10:15 AM
But the Bird pick makes it three guys -- Moses, Magic and Bird -- who were top picks in the 70s, 80s, and 90s leagues.  That's hard to do and I think those are the only three to make it.
10/4/2013 10:31 AM
Posted by dskantor on 10/4/2013 10:31:00 AM (view original):
But the Bird pick makes it three guys -- Moses, Magic and Bird -- who were top picks in the 70s, 80s, and 90s leagues.  That's hard to do and I think those are the only three to make it.
parish too
10/4/2013 11:40 AM
IMO, sparky normalizes to league averages, being as there is only 1 Rodman his boards will be reduced, and his impact with them. The 90's is a real 'by commitee' decade, as such I'm hunting for 12 players that bring the whole package regardless of min's. WRT min's 19,800 is just fine with me. I've been watching the 90's on NBA TV, odd decade, a combination of rookies and great older players finishing great careers. Many of the less costly players are that way due to fewer min's, not less ability. The top 10 player were gems, after that, the money trail becomes far less important. There are some great short min players in the $2-3m range, the fg% of the 70's & 80's is gone, for the most part, this decade will see considerably lower team fg%. IRL I think the heavy def in the paint of the late 80's pushed the offense out to the perimeter, strange that the game is still out there today. I think soon teams will start to bring seroius perimeter def and push the game back toward the paint. Maybe a team like say...S.A.
10/4/2013 12:06 PM
Not wild about Richmond here at the bottom of the second round but he fills the usage hole Rodman creates, hits 3s and gets to the line, passes a reasonable amount, and doesn't screw up much.  Lots of needs going forward, though.
10/4/2013 3:13 PM
smokey57, im not sure what u mean by "sparky normalizes to league averages, being as there is only 1 Rodman his boards will be reduced, and his impact with them".  91-92 Rodman has 17.1 Oreb%  and 31.6 Dreb%, those r the numbers used (he could get 20+ rpg in this league depending on how the team is drafted).  scud, uve said previously that Rodman should be a top 3 pick in the ODL (a $47M league).  His value doesn't diminish in higher cap leagues.
10/4/2013 8:53 PM
don't know what your point is, nc, never said his value diminishes... just said, there aren't the number of big-time bigs in this draft which tends to place more value on the likes of drob and shaq and k. malone because they bring so much more to the table than the worm does. i also said, it's an owner's preference about rodman and placing a premium on rebounding alone, but when an owner thinks he "knows" what the right answer about rodman's value is, then i say, the world is not painted so black and white. 
10/4/2013 9:42 PM
the difference between this league and the odl is that you can take rodman early in the odl knowing that you will have a bunch of great scorers(amare,dirk,ewing,mcgrady,kobe, etc) you can get in the 2/3 rounds or even 4/5....this league doesnt have as many great scorers to pair with him later on

i dont agree with that smokey....like nc said, 17/31 is 17/31....hes gonna board even better in this league...20rpg isnt out of the question

10/4/2013 11:30 PM
There's still plenty of scorers in this league (and a lot less great rebounders than the odl).  IMO, high/no cap and/or restricted leagues increase Rodman's value.
10/5/2013 12:38 AM
I agree with scud on Rodman, in that it's a matter of preference. If boards are the major priority wrt your team design, it doesn't get better than Rodman. My personal major concern was 'usage', k malone & v carter have that covered. Now I'm free to work on the teams floor game.  I'll use carter @ sg and haven't decided on malone yet pf or c. I'm happy with these first 2 picks, particularly in the 90's.
10/5/2013 2:00 AM
Malone, I thought for sure you would snake carter on me. The 99-00 was really a great player on my ZPL prog team. Plus carter had good results in the Clash. Probably should have taken kobe, but I'm from boston and have to draw the line somewhere.
10/5/2013 2:06 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
DDL 3 - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.