DH $52M Draft League XLII Topic

help - please clarify "has to be even" - I'm willing to trade Wilt (whose been at the center for more championships than any other player - how can any number of draft pick be even with what Wilt brings to the table.

10/13/2013 2:00 PM
WILT - for the ridicuously inadequate 1,2 & 4 of anyone looking for a championship
10/13/2013 2:03 PM
Everyone has to end up with the same number of picks so you have toss a couple more picks in (could be both of your 6's even)
10/13/2013 2:04 PM
Posted by pennsylvania on 10/13/2013 2:03:00 PM (view original):
WILT - for the ridicuously inadequate 1,2 & 4 of anyone looking for a championship
Wilt by himself = nothing, I've seen plenty of Wilt teams tank but the real point is why should owners not involved in the trade be disadvantaged by someone having 2 extra exclusive players - the rules state you must have 7 drafted players. They also state that no undrafted player can make over 4m. So in the trade as proposed you wind up with an advantage none of the rest of us have while malone would wind up in violation of the rules
10/13/2013 2:28 PM
Posted by felonius on 10/13/2013 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Wilt by himself = nothing, I've seen plenty of Wilt teams tank but the real point is why should owners not involved in the trade be disadvantaged by someone having 2 extra exclusive players - the rules state you must have 7 drafted players. They also state that no undrafted player can make over 4m. So in the trade as proposed you wind up with an advantage none of the rest of us have while malone would wind up in violation of the rules
qft
10/13/2013 4:03 PM
That and also if Wilt is so great why are you trying to trade him in the first place?
10/13/2013 4:28 PM
you would have to trade your 6th round picks along with wilt to make it even....everyone must have 7 drafted players
10/13/2013 4:28 PM
Posted by felonius on 10/13/2013 4:28:00 PM (view original):
That and also if Wilt is so great why are you trying to trade him in the first place?
yes...im curious pa...why dont you want wilt?
10/13/2013 4:30 PM
pennsylvania, check your site mail...sent a trade offer.

In the meantime, where's malone?

10/13/2013 5:03 PM
trying to trade wilt for better draft picks was a way to hide my lack of drafting prowess ---- remember i was the one who drafted Archibald - Hayes - Cunningham

I hear all of you with the Rules --- i certainly didn't interprete the drafting 7 players as a necessary mandate - i interpreted it that we each had 7 draft picks to do what we wanted - i was even considering trading wilt for a future draft pick (the next season) -- i suppose that's not an option.

I guess I'll keep wilt and see what happens 
10/13/2013 6:39 PM
Posted by pennsylvania on 10/13/2013 6:39:00 PM (view original):
trying to trade wilt for better draft picks was a way to hide my lack of drafting prowess ---- remember i was the one who drafted Archibald - Hayes - Cunningham

I hear all of you with the Rules --- i certainly didn't interprete the drafting 7 players as a necessary mandate - i interpreted it that we each had 7 draft picks to do what we wanted - i was even considering trading wilt for a future draft pick (the next season) -- i suppose that's not an option.

I guess I'll keep wilt and see what happens 
trading future picks would be cool...buts it not guaranteed that both owners would be back next season so it couldnt really happen

10/13/2013 7:18 PM
penn, I built my first several teams here the same way, drafting real-life Hall of Famers who weren't nearly as good in the "what if" world...usually because they shot poorly and fouled a lot in comparison to many of their later counterparts.  Hanging out in this league with lots of seasoned vets, you can get lots of advice and also just watch what they do.  You'll go up the learning curve much faster than I did.
10/13/2013 7:26 PM
Posted by sixernuggets on 10/13/2013 9:35:00 AM (view original):
Got it.
sm'd malone, just in case he missed this...
10/13/2013 8:11 PM
Kareem goes where he should.  He brings the total package for a lot of minutes.  I'd say he should go before Rodman just due to the ease of building around him.
10/13/2013 9:09 PM
Penn if you want to win this league with Wilt you need to draft similarily to what Mikee1, sixernuggets and I did recently in previous seasons. You want to use Wilt's best season. But you need to take the time to do the research, and ask the questions, and then figure out what you need to do to make it work. 
10/13/2013 9:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...23 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.