DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

Division Draft

Division            Boss                         1                         2                          3                         4                        5

Atlantic         tarheel1991          sixernuggets          tricky24              maglor1             eleibowitz          98average

Midwest         felonius                banditone             jhsukow              thomcat               dh555               theyard2

Pacific           vancem                smokey57             natenoy            steelers821         longtallbrad        slymonium

Central          jkaye24               pennsylvania         iccoachb               mikee1             scudmissle           logain
3/26/2014 9:43 PM
Hmm.  Not happy to have to play sly and vance's teams 8 times each.
3/26/2014 9:48 PM
Vance got smokey and nate. Perfect.
3/26/2014 9:55 PM
Posted by vancem on 3/26/2014 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Weren't you being a bit hard on sixernuggets? We all know who the first tank job in this league's drafting history was and it was last season by an ODL champion of all people. And what would be considered a fair trade for all of sixernuggets picks next season? This prolonged hatred and resentment  for that trade that I made with jethroegg many seasons ago is a bit concerning. Even the great ashamael said that swapping all of the picks between 2 owners is a fair deal.
I was just having fun with sixers...im sure he knew his team was gonna trashed when he drafted it

98 didnt tank during the draft last year...he actually thought his sh!tty team was gonna be good when he drafted it....i gave him banditone and he still sucked haha

haha theres no resentment about that trade...i just dont think its fair...thought we were just having fun taking jabs at eachother about it at this point

3/26/2014 10:23 PM
So Nate has forgotten to draft assists, rebounds and now apparently points?    Bummer.   Even if you have enough points, your main scorer only shoots 50% which is pretty terrible here.  Assists are pretty low too and defense is average.  You'll need all those OREBs when teams go -3 against you every game.

Regarding Shane Battier, he does have a great bench season where he gives you boards, assists, 3's, and defense but the mins are only around 1200.

Nate your all or nothing approach so far has resulted in a score of  All:1, Nothing:3.  At least you understand that you won't win this time instead of getting mad at the rest of us for doubting your team.   So many scorers available out there and you don't draft any?   I think you should stick to OL's to test your theories.  Your teams have no place in a draft league at this point.
3/26/2014 11:20 PM
Van.........is that ***'n sly. I thought we agreed to leave him by the side of the road. Sweet..WIlt & Jordan. What, somebody snake the Karl Malone team on you? 
3/26/2014 11:29 PM
Who the hell drafted this division Vance? We'll have to wait another season to set up an all-PDX showdown in the finals I guess. At least you got us Nate and smokey :-)
3/27/2014 12:22 AM
Yeah it makes the division just that much better that smokey57 and slymonium have that hate/hate relationship.

dh555 I was just trying to get you going a bit. I was taking about nate's team last season when I was going off about tanking. Don't you think that he knew that the extremely poor rebounding high FTA strategy would never work? I'm still having fun . . . but in your position as commish you can negate any trades so me trading up for top 10 pick won't be easy. You know me I get really excited whenever I think that I've drafted a great team and go crazy posting until the losses shut me up.

Why is nate being so quiet lately???

I agree LTB the feeling is mutual. It will be so difficult to get the top spot in our division. There's a decent chance that all 3 of our teams will make the playoffs but it won't be easy at all.

What else is intriguing is which team will be worse smokey's or nate's? Opposites attract right LOL:!
3/27/2014 12:30 AM
Nah, sly and I are good..I hate the team.
3/27/2014 1:05 AM
van, consider this tov/pf: Smok - 1342 / 1630, van - 1354 / 1660, LTB - 1273 / 1795, nate - 1290 / 1708, sly - 1370 / 1881, steelers 1550 / 1895. Thx for drafting the pf monsters, with a 2275/2887 ftm/fta (78.8%) I'm glad to have them onboard. Looks like a classic between you and I..your efg% vs my DEF, cuz your def looks like swiss cheese. lol
3/27/2014 1:30 AM
I'm loving the number of foul monsters in this division. Wilt should live at the line for 40 games, yes he will miss a ton but the key is that your foul monsters will be gone from the game.

badja et al: I have plenty of assists on this squad to keep Wilt over 53%, My PG/SG combo gives me either 41% or 48% for the entire game, Ray pushes it in the 70% range for the 1/2 of the game that he plays.

Also I think many of you are overlooking the significance of Wilt's 4300 RL possessions, usually an up tempo team in this league just cracks 10,000 (I had 9,900 last season.) I also have over 7,000 RL FGA's in my lineup and Wilt had over 3200 IRL. He goes a very long way in keeping me out of the penalties and of course his 8-point usage tier for 48mpg means I can never hit the team penalty if he is in. 
3/27/2014 3:58 AM
23. eleibowitz - Dwyane Wade, Marcus Camby, Carlos Boozer, Nick Anderson, Arvydas Sabonis, Hot Rod Williams, Jameer Nelson

D-Wade is one of the hottest players in the sim right now so I was surprised to see him drop to #23. Defensive teams with Wade leading the way have been pretty successful lately. When you passed on a bunch of really good offensive players to grab Camby in the 2nd I thought you were going that same route. Boozer put an end to that. I wonder if you had Boozer in mind when you took Camby or just couldn't pass up his awesome offense and rebounding. Boozer would be a lock for the 2nd(maybe even late 1st) if his defense wasn't so putrid. He works great here being sandwiched between Camby and Hot Rod's d. Hot Rod is a really underrated sf, probably because his dreb% is kinda weak. But again, you have that covered with Camby/Boozer. I don't like having Wade as the only 15+ ast% guy in the starting lineup but Nick Anderson does bring the 3 point shooting you really needed. What really makes this a playoff team imo is the great bench picks. You needed some scoring punch off the bench and it doesn't get much better than Nelson and Sabonis. They are both elite 6th rounders. You added some other really good undrafted guys as well. I don't think you dominate in any one aspect of the game here, but I don't see any holes either(besides ast% - but that's really just my personal preference). If Wade goes off this team will be trouble

Very surprised that Wade was at 23 myself and getting Camby I just felt he would be a great to go with Wade on the team.  My strategy from here was to get a post scorer and my 3rd scorer with High eFG, considering Wade's is low.  So I had a group of high eFG post players that I would of taken who included Bob McAdoo, Robert Parish, Andrew Bynum (who I really wanted) and Boozer.  So since I had my two post guys has a total assist% 22.7, figure I didn't need a really high assist guy a SG and love Nick Anderson very clean game and high eFG.  Then just needed a offensive rebounding SF who played D and Hot Rod fit the bill perfectly.  My total assists are 71.4% for starting lineup, don't think I'm deficient.  Getting Jameer and Sabonis was just one advantages of picking 23rd
3/27/2014 5:45 AM (edited)
Posted by dh555 on 3/26/2014 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vancem on 3/26/2014 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Weren't you being a bit hard on sixernuggets? We all know who the first tank job in this league's drafting history was and it was last season by an ODL champion of all people. And what would be considered a fair trade for all of sixernuggets picks next season? This prolonged hatred and resentment  for that trade that I made with jethroegg many seasons ago is a bit concerning. Even the great ashamael said that swapping all of the picks between 2 owners is a fair deal.
I was just having fun with sixers...im sure he knew his team was gonna trashed when he drafted it

98 didnt tank during the draft last year...he actually thought his sh!tty team was gonna be good when he drafted it....i gave him banditone and he still sucked haha

haha theres no resentment about that trade...i just dont think its fair...thought we were just having fun taking jabs at eachother about it at this point

Sounds like somebody is a little bitter after being taken out behind the woodshed in the DDL.
3/27/2014 6:03 AM
God Bless you sixernuggets for filling out your roster with the player that i resemble the most in RL . . . Bill Hanzlik.
3/27/2014 10:33 AM
Fabulous evals, dh, thanks!  Very entertaining and insightful.

I wish I shared your view of my squad.  I did go all in for rebounding along the front line and the starting 5 should be solid (although Eddie Jones is a pretty subtle piece, he was exactly what I needed - kind of a rich man's Danny Green).  But usage doesn't line up well on the bench, I have way too many minutes which isn't a good sign of how I spent on non-drafted players, and I ended up with way too many fouls.  I'm content with the trade that essentially gave me Brandon for Kevin Johnson, getting defense and fewer mistakes but giving up FTAs and efg%.  Terrell's efficiency is low for his usage, and it's not great that he'll be taking some shots from Dwight.  Still, low minutes and all, he doesn't make many mistakes and makes the starting unit look much more solid defensively. 

3/27/2014 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19|20 Next ▸
DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.