DH $52M Draft League XLV Topic

Posted by pennsylvania on 6/8/2014 2:07:00 PM (view original):
To the intellectually challenged -- the 10 hours i referenced presupposes that an owner periodically checks the status of the draft -- a point that is obvious to all except the intellectually challanged! Once again, however, there are those who are predisposed to critique, without reflecting on the illogic of their rant. 

There's a reason Detroit is Detroit --- some people obviously think they're smarter than they are --- and yet, here we are again having to wait 12+ hours for 1 owner to do that which 23 owners find uncomplicated.

In the end, natenoy is who he is - a selfish individual who cares little of how his actions impact others - and only fools applaud that quality, at the at the expense of 23 others who are anxitious to get on with what they signed up for.
there is no doubt that this is a pain but the rules are the rules and there are many good reasons why you don't just f-ck with the rules in the middle of the enterprise (chief amongst them being that everyone including you agreed to play by these rules when we got involved, this is the contract we made with each other implicit or not)

now we can vote to change the rules, we can vote to banish unrecalcitrant owners - we can do whatever we want but first understand what the rules are and why they are there - this league has been around for 45 iterations or more, the rules have evolved over that time for a reason
6/8/2014 2:35 PM
You really can't make rules to screw an owner for not picking before his scheduled pick, but it's fair to bust their ballz for kill'n the draft. After a year of being commish I can tell you this is the effect of SUMMER. I can also tell you..it will be a cold day in hell before I run another draft between june and august. You can look for the ODL & DDL around labor day. I commit to do certain things when I say I'll commission a league and I do them. We all know the BB drafts run on a pick & roll basis, this sort of hiding behind the rules is crap and ruins it for everyone else. We came to play....
6/8/2014 3:11 PM
"you break the law, you're a punk... you break the law and have a badge, you're a punk with a badge." woody harrelson (Defendor)

though felonius is technically right, he's justifiably wrong. but what does it matter... we'll have time in the upcoming rounds as well to argue these points
6/8/2014 3:19 PM
Is this a good time to ask to be put on the waitlist?
6/8/2014 3:27 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 6/8/2014 3:19:00 PM (view original):
"you break the law, you're a punk... you break the law and have a badge, you're a punk with a badge." woody harrelson (Defendor)

though felonius is technically right, he's justifiably wrong. but what does it matter... we'll have time in the upcoming rounds as well to argue these points
the quote you're looking for scud is from The Big Lebowski - it starts: "You're not wrong Walter...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5aYhkF3E

but I'm totally ok with that as long as I'm right (if even just 'technically')
6/8/2014 3:33 PM
Posted by mcdarsh on 6/8/2014 3:27:00 PM (view original):
the fact that this league has a wait list given the relative lack of theme participation these days suggests that nate is abusing a privilege some other people probably value a little more highly than he does
6/8/2014 3:35 PM
Posted by felonius on 6/8/2014 3:35:00 PM (view original):
the fact that this league has a wait list given the relative lack of theme participation these days suggests that nate is abusing a privilege some other people probably value a little more highly than he does
Can mcdarsh replace him?
6/8/2014 3:39 PM
Rules are Rules implies a rudimentary look at the purpose of Rules; the fact is that Rules always subject to interpretation on a case by case basis -

The real issue is natenoy's complete disregard to the purposeof the draft & and his inane responses to his indifference.
6/8/2014 3:41 PM
Posted by pennsylvania on 6/8/2014 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Rules are Rules implies a rudimentary look at the purpose of Rules; the fact is that Rules always subject to interpretation on a case by case basis -

The real issue is natenoy's complete disregard to the purposeof the draft & and his inane responses to his indifference.
it's being addressed
6/8/2014 3:46 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 6/8/2014 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by felonius on 6/8/2014 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Can mcdarsh replace him?
I don't see why not but we need the commissioner's consent and a consensus vote I would think unless we all want to go live in penn's wild wild west
6/8/2014 3:47 PM
but let's not get in the way of what's really going on --- just another example of upside-down thinking individuals pretending to think they're clever --- all the while REALITY is telling them otherwise - and they just don't get it.

I continue to reference that Detroit is Detroit for a reason - despite all those clever thinking individuals who'll rationalize their actions - despite the REALITY their actions have.

Some people will never get it - and will continue to think it's others who are misguided.
6/8/2014 3:49 PM
My world is simple - man up and do the right thing - or deal with the consequeces!
6/8/2014 3:51 PM
Crikey.  Onward we go.
6/8/2014 5:48 PM
i added you to the list
6/8/2014 5:51 PM
Charlie Ward
6/8/2014 5:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...28 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XLV Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.