ODL Record of Champions Topic

Congrats yard!
1/31/2015 1:36 AM
Posted by slymonium on 1/31/2015 1:36:00 AM (view original):
Congrats yard!
Yes congrats Yard!

By the way found the last two picks for ODL 41.  Dan Gadzuric and J.R. Smith
1/31/2015 7:43 AM
cool page i wish i wasn't awful at this league. also i thought ash won it 7 times? some of those had to be reasontly
1/31/2015 9:04 AM
Congratulations to eleibowitz on becoming the first three time winner of the ODL (on record anyways)!
4/15/2015 2:24 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 4/15/2015 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Congratulations to eleibowitz on becoming the first three time winner of the ODL (on record anyways)!
Thanks Ben!  And thanks for keeping this thread going!  
4/15/2015 4:15 PM
Congratulation to thomcat on his first championship!
7/2/2015 4:03 PM
And congrats to Clifford Ray for being the first player on record with 3 titles!
7/2/2015 4:05 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 1/31/2015 9:05:00 AM (view original):
cool page i wish i wasn't awful at this league. also i thought ash won it 7 times? some of those had to be reasontly
I've won it 6x including a three-peat & a repeat.

7/4/2015 9:18 PM
Posted by dh555 on 11/15/2014 10:59:00 PM (view original):
looks like all the way to the end of 2009

check this out....

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=407754&TopicsTimeframe=0&TopicsPage=17

interesting to see how much has changed....and how much hasnt(i still have no idea how to manage the odl cap)

Whatever season that was, I'm pretty sure it was the first of my 3-peat, which were titles 4-6.  I think.  I have a lot of this stuff saved on an external hard drive.  I'll see if I can find it at some point when I'm at home.
7/4/2015 9:26 PM
okay.  I have more info saved on some of these than others.

ODL XXXII (32):  I went 62-20 & beat qistat (53-29) in the finals. 

1st round pick: Charles Barkley (87-88)

rest of draft picks:  Artis Gilmore, Reggie Miller, Kevin Johnson, Chuck Person, Michael Redd, Charlie Ward.

Averaged 130.0 ppg over the season, allowed 117.0.

ODL XXV (35):  51-31, beat leibo (45-37) in the finals.  One team had more wins (brad's Talking Fort Brotherhood won 55).

This team I again took Barkley (87-88) first.

Rest of team was:  Gilmore, KJ, Redd, Jason Richardson, Matt Bonner & Ward.

ODL XXXVI (36): I went 59-23 & swept gtak (48-34) in the finals.

1st Round pick: Dwight Howard (07-08).

Other draft picks:  Vince Carter, Kevin Johnson, Troy Murphy, Erick Dampier, Chris Gatling & Sasha Vujacic.

ODL XXXVII (37): I went 61-21 & swept Badja (56-26) in the finals. 

I again drafted Dwight Howard (08-09 this time) in the 1st.

I also had KJ, Murphy, Gatling & Vujacic from previous team.  Tyson Chandler & Danny Granger joined the cast time around.

DH didn't win 37.  He might have won 38 with Lebron, but in 37, his team was called "Suck My Bird" & was swept in the conference finals by yours truly.  Here's 37's draft so you can see he took bird & not lebron.

I suspect a couple of others are wrong, too.  Still searching for my other rings.  I back to backed; it may have been 39 & 40, but I could have sworn it was later.

7/5/2015 2:02 AM (edited)
Scud won ODL 34 with his Magic Johnson + Kobe Bryant squad.

I wasn't in the league but was following it closely.  Here's the draft.

7/5/2015 1:57 AM
Okay, the ODL is a mess.  You guys are four seasons further than you think you are.  Follow me here:

there are two drafts (three overall) incorrectly called season 37.  There's one called 37, then later, there's one called 36, then there's another called 37.  I'm fairly certain that the 2nd 37 is actually 39.  Here is why:

Here's the real 37 draft.  Note the dates of the posts.  The big salary changes came in september of 2010, so that was why I dipped out of the odl, as I detested how bad teams were at $42m cap (without rookies, anyway) I KNOW this is 37 because I have screen captures of the league itself & the dates match up.

This thread details that Badja beat Leibo  in an ODL season after 37.  I can't find the draft thread, but I'm fairly certain at this juncture that Badja won ODL 38 with Kobe/Glove because the next draft has him picking his draft slot last last among returning owners.

Here's another 37 draft...  note the dates: almost 10 months later.  Normally, there's 3-4 months between ODL draft threads, but because of the salary structure change, a big stink about raising the salary cap & the league founder disappearing, it took much longer to get the next ODL going.  There was also a delay for the BOWIS tourney, I think, that might not have even ever happened.  Note that there COULD be another season missing, but unless someone can come forward with something to back it up, I'm going with this theory: 

This is actually ODL 39.  Coley (jakotay, the originator of the ODL) disappeared & so Glen (ncih/bowcommish) took over, and I think he copied an old draft intro without changing it (he's done it several times over the years with various leagues & owners when they change hands).  This is where the major confusion takes place.  Tarheel won ODL 39, I am fairly sure (was last returning owner to choose slot in next draft).

This thread is called ODL 36 but should be 40.  Pretty sure Leibo won this one (was last to choose slot in next draft).

This one is called 37 (third one called that) but should be  41  This was the one DH555 one with Lebron.

This league is called 38 but is 42.   I definitely won this one with a Kareem, Camby, Terry Porter, Millsap, Michael Redd, Eddie House & Mark Landsberger.  I remember being super down that I didn't get all of the data screen shotted because it was the first time I had used Kareem & the numbers were sick.

This league is called 39 but is 43.  I won this one, too, with Mailman.  Tyson Chandler, Steve Nash, Horace Grant, Brandon Rush, Charlie Ward & Mike Dunleavy, Jr were my other picks.  57-25.  Pretty sure I played tarheel in the finals.

This one is called 40 & catches us up to the records, but is in actuality 44.

That took way longer to straighten out than I had planned on spending, but once I got started, I had to finish.

7/5/2015 3:48 AM (edited)
Here you go, a corrected & much more filled in table.  You can change formatting as you like & probably even fill in everyone's teams except for Badja's 38  (and whoever won 33) if you go through the draft threads.

Season     Champion (W)  Runner-up   Champion 1st rounder     Rest of team (drafted)

ODL 56    thomcat (46)    eleibowitz     Charles Barkley              O. Robertson, A. Bogut, C. Ray, P. Pressey, J. Hornacek, C. Edge
ODL 55     eleibowitz (47)  tarheel1991   Chris Paul                      A. Mourning, S. Ibaka, L. Sanders, A. Bogut, N. Batum, J. Ruland
ODL 54     theyard2 (44)   benhoidal       David Robinson       S. Marion, T. Porter, J. Harden, K. Humphries, J. Henson, G. Anthony
ODL 53     benhoidal (53)  tarheel1991   Kareem Abdul-Jabbar    A. Hardaway, B. Walton, J. Terry, K. Korver, A. Horford, J. Barry
ODL 52     seapilots          natenoy         David Robinson             S. Curry, L. Nance, C. Ray, K. Humphries, C. Mullin, J. Ruland
ODL 51     postage                                 Julius Erving                  E. Brand, S. Curry, L. Sanders, J. Tinsley, M. Bol, R. Wallace
ODL 50     eleibowitz                              John Stockton        S. Pippen, C. Webb, A. Kirilenko, C. Weatherspoon, J.V.B. Koff, C. Lee
ODL 49     ncmusician    jhsukow           Charles Barkley             M. Ginobili, S. Ibaka, D. Davis, N. McMillan, J. Tinsley, O. Miller
ODL 48     natenoy         thisredbox        Wilt Chamberlain           R. Allen, K. Bryant, C. Ray, D. Green, A. Williams, D. Curry
ODL 47     badja                                     Artis Gilmore                A. Hardaway, P. Gasol, N. Anderson, B. Griffin, J. Les, R. Beaubois
ODL 46     theyard2        felonius            Karl Malone                   R. Parish, J. Harden, C. Oakley, A. Iguodala, K. Thomas, J. Barry
ODL 45     eleibowitz      natenoy            Larry Bird                   M. Camby, A. Mourning, M. Miller, L. Fields, D. Gadzuric, J.R. Smith
ODL 44     tarheel1991   natenoy            Ben Wallace                 J. Lucas, M. Blaylock, T. McGrady, K. Irving, J. Worthy, O. Asik
ODL 43     Ashamael (57)                       Mailman                          T. Chandler, S. Nash, H. Grant, B. Rush, C.Ward, M. Dunleavy, Jr.
ODL 42     Ashamael                               Kareem                           M. Camby, T. Porter, P. Millsap, M.Redd, E.House & M.Landsberger
ODL 41     dh555                                    LeBron James (2010)    J. Lucas, H. Grant, P. Gasol, T. Brandon, J. Les, L. Smith
ODL 40     Eleibowitz
ODL 39     Tarheel
ODL 38     Badja
ODL 37     Ashamael (61)  Badja               D. Howard     T. Chandler, K. Johnson, T. Murphy, D. Granger, C. Gatling & S. Vujacic
ODL 36     Ashamael (59)  gtak                  D. Howard     V. Carter, K. Johnson, T. Murphy, E. Dampier, C. Gatling & S. Vujacic
ODL 35     Ashamael (51)   eleibowitz        Barkley          A. Gilmore, K. Johnson, M. Redd, J. Richardson, M. Bonner, C. Ward.
ODL 34     Scudmissle                                  Magic
ODL 33   
ODL 32     Ashamael (62)  qistat                 Barkley          A. Gilmore, R. Miller, K. Johnson, C. Person, M. Redd, C. Ward.

7/5/2015 4:03 AM (edited)
interesting trend:  leibo seems to win every 5 seasons, starting in odl 40.  And, in odl 35, he lost in the finals.  What a great run, leibo! 
7/5/2015 4:11 AM
Posted by ashamael on 7/5/2015 4:11:00 AM (view original):
interesting trend:  leibo seems to win every 5 seasons, starting in odl 40.  And, in odl 35, he lost in the finals.  What a great run, leibo! 
Huh didn't realize that. Not by design that for sure anyways thanks Ash!
7/5/2015 9:38 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
ODL Record of Champions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.