D2 Season 59- Thread Title Updated Topic

Official D2 thread for this next season! Any way-too-early Final Four predictions, smack talk, etc. all are housed right here!
8/5/2012 10:31 AM
First cycle of recruiting about to finish up. GL to everyone.
8/6/2012 7:52 PM
I'll take the second... I think my team should be decent this year, but knowing how they perform, we'll lose in the first round.
8/7/2012 3:11 AM
Longwood will not be a factor this season. The PIT might be a minor miracle for us. Most likely we end our 25-season postseason streak. I blame this on the last two recruiting periods happening during standardized testing, (I'm a HS teacher), and I couldn't put very much time into finding good players.....so we're taking a bit of a nosedive for a while.
8/8/2012 12:09 PM
Posted by bbunch on 8/8/2012 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Longwood will not be a factor this season. The PIT might be a minor miracle for us. Most likely we end our 25-season postseason streak. I blame this on the last two recruiting periods happening during standardized testing, (I'm a HS teacher), and I couldn't put very much time into finding good players.....so we're taking a bit of a nosedive for a while.
I feel like the last two years didn't have any recruits worth taking in my area.  Fortunately, this year seems like a stronger class.
8/8/2012 1:45 PM
Don't know how I'll do, but I expect a lot of low-scoring games this season. Solid defense, but who knows what the offense will look like.
8/8/2012 11:21 PM
I am SUPER ecstatic about my class. If my ineligible comes, I will be even happier. West Florida is about to turn a corner. Look for us in the postseason in a couple of seasons.

EDIT: sorry, wrong account.  

-Threadmaster Caesari
8/9/2012 12:35 PM
I was very pleased with the guards in this recruiting class. After 2 straight seasons of horrible guard options they were much better this time. These 2 guards along with the bigs I signed last season will be tough in a couple of seasons.
8/10/2012 11:13 AM
Incarnate Word hoping for a bounceback season.  We may run some interesting lineups this year (we've got a SG that profiles as your average D-II PF).  Single digit losses and sneaking back into the NT are the goal. 
8/10/2012 4:33 PM
After two 'where is Bellarmine?' seasons....18-14 (PIT champs) and 18-11 (1st round NT loss)... we hope to bounce back to national prominence.  With 3 seniors and 5 juniors, I'm optimistic
8/11/2012 4:21 AM
Posted by hyeena on 8/9/2012 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I am SUPER ecstatic about my class. If my ineligible comes, I will be even happier. West Florida is about to turn a corner. Look for us in the postseason in a couple of seasons.

EDIT: sorry, wrong account.  

-Threadmaster Caesari
Ira Wilson is present and accounted for. The other two guards will start from day 1, so they grow.

Another single digit win season is in our future, but after that... well... I've got high hopes.
8/11/2012 1:38 PM
I started recruiting a full day after signings had begun and brought in a surprisingly good class.  Not what it could have been, though, so AAS will struggle through this season and possibly a few more.  May take a beating in our debut in the Derby City Classic.  But we will be back. 
8/11/2012 11:57 PM
my prediction.......

first off....Longwood doesn't make the NT (easy one)

now my top 8 teams

Final Four

Pfieffer
NJ Tech
Hillsdale
Lenoir-Rhyme

Elite 8
U. of the Sciences. 
Bowie St.
W. New Mexico
Belmont Abbey

8/12/2012 5:17 PM
St. Mary's is in a transition season.  We lost a stud PG that made everything go on offense after last season, and while we've got a ton of talent, I don't know if they will grow up fast enough to make a run this season.  We are probably a season or 2 away from competing for a spot in the Final Four again (assuming one of my guards can grow into a PG at some point).  I think we should make the NT, but it isn't a guarantee with this squad, espeically in the full and difficult Heartland conference.
8/12/2012 6:53 PM
Posted by bbunch on 8/12/2012 5:17:00 PM (view original):
my prediction.......

first off....Longwood doesn't make the NT (easy one)

now my top 8 teams

Final Four

Pfieffer
NJ Tech
Hillsdale
Lenoir-Rhyme

Elite 8
U. of the Sciences. 
Bowie St.
W. New Mexico
Belmont Abbey

I'll 2nd your Lenoir-Rhyme pick.  Perpetually overrated Incarnate Word lost by 27 in a pre-season game.

Put U of the Sciences and W New Mexico in two more final four spots.  And round it out with NJ Tech.
8/12/2012 8:09 PM
123456 Next ▸
D2 Season 59- Thread Title Updated Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.