switching from man to press Topic

I'm thinking about switching my U. of the Sciences team from a Man (which I have always run), to a press (which I always have trouble against).  Has anyone done this, or have an idea how long it would take?
1/7/2013 10:17 PM
I have switched defenses before, but never from M2M to FCP.  In my experience, you can expect it to take 2 seasons to get good again, especially if you don't have the right kind of player to run your new system (you will need plenty of athleticism and speed in addition to good defense and stamina rankings to make it work).
1/7/2013 10:44 PM
I just took over Le Moyne and they run a zone.  I was planning on switching to a FCP but decided to switch to m2m.  With your prestige I would think that you'd be able to get the animals that you need to succeed sooner than me.  I'm gonna stay with a m2m.  I'm gonna practice 15 min/zone & 15 min/m2m until about game 13.  After that I go 25 min in m2m.  I'm not sure if that's the way to do it so I'm open to hear how any of you would go about practice minutes when switching defensive sets.
1/8/2013 2:26 PM
I tried to do that early on in my tenure at Seattle. You can probably figure out which two seasons I tried to make the change. Ultimately, I decided to switch back to M2M and I'm glad I did.
1/8/2013 2:31 PM
Posted by jthieme1 on 1/8/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):
I just took over Le Moyne and they run a zone.  I was planning on switching to a FCP but decided to switch to m2m.  With your prestige I would think that you'd be able to get the animals that you need to succeed sooner than me.  I'm gonna stay with a m2m.  I'm gonna practice 15 min/zone & 15 min/m2m until about game 13.  After that I go 25 min in m2m.  I'm not sure if that's the way to do it so I'm open to hear how any of you would go about practice minutes when switching defensive sets.

It depends a little bit on how many FR you have and how many guys you have who know your old defense, but in my experience the best way to do it is to practice the new system from day 1 but play the old one until your IQs get to B- in the new system.  I would practice the new one for 25 minutes but play the old one.  I've switched defenses twice, and that's how I've always done it.

1/8/2013 10:09 PM
I'm in the process of doing this now. I actually started practicing the FCP last year for 15 minutes and bumped it up to 25 this year and starting running it from game one. We are kinda rebuilding now so figured I would take my lumps now.  We always have issues with the press as well so decided to try it.
1/16/2013 7:33 PM
switching from man to press Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.