D2 season 64 Topic

Bellarmine was undefeated in conference play in a tough Great Lakes Valley .  That's the first time in 8 seasons for the Knights.
5/20/2013 4:29 AM
sorry - nearing the end of the school year and super busy. If i don't get a chance, I definitely will next season. 
5/20/2013 6:00 AM
Queens has had an interesting year. Finished 4th in the super tough cvac west division but was the only team to beat Belmont abbey this year And we beat them twice! So really not sure how we will fare in the dance!
5/20/2013 10:03 AM
Posted by muskies85 on 5/20/2013 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Queens has had an interesting year. Finished 4th in the super tough cvac west division but was the only team to beat Belmont abbey this year And we beat them twice! So really not sure how we will fare in the dance!
I don't think I'm the only one rooting for an early clash between Queens & Belmont Abbey in the NT....
5/20/2013 4:53 PM
Haha. No way we would beat them again!
5/20/2013 8:32 PM
I think Longwood is looking at a 2 seed. I still think we might have the best defense in DII,  - but a pretty mediocre set of scoring options. We play ugly close games, and can beat anyone, but we can get ousted early as well. 

*edit* hell, never mind....we just stopped playing defense and lost to a #6 seed in the CT. We're probably a 3-seed in the NT now. 
5/21/2013 12:04 PM (edited)
St. Mary's still hasn't lost since we made our lineup change, rolling off 10 straight wins.  We face a huge test tonight in the Heartland final vs. Incarnate Word.  We still don't have enough great scoring options, but we at least have developed a couple more deecnt options to compliment Lonnie Cook as the season went on.  We could get anywhere from a 1-seed to a 4-seed depending on how CT finals go, but we likely we will end up a 2 or 3.  How far we make it in the NT will depend largely on matchups.
5/21/2013 7:58 AM
Incarnate Word has ripped off 11 in a row, facing off against hot St Mary's tonight as they seek revenge for their last defeat.  After some making some distro changes after non-con, IW has gone 14-2 against Heartland opponents.  Like St Mary's, we are likely a 2 or 3 seed (although a #1 isn't out of the question with some help).  One of our streaks will end tonight. 
5/21/2013 11:35 AM
Barton is making an unprecedented run in the DII CVAC tourney - they could win the conference tourney tonight and be a NT team with a 100 RPI. 
5/21/2013 7:19 PM
A handful of upsets in the 1st round but chalk generally ruled.  #16 Rockhurst took #1 Slippery Rock to double OT.  Check out the end of regulation and the OTs, a VERY game effort unipanther.

Midwest:  Hard to not like Belmont Abbey coming out of here, although there are a number of us in the other half of the bracket that would make for a competitive regional final. 

East:  Pull a name out of a hat, any of the teams could win the region.  #1 West Georgia and #2 Hillsdale are undefeated.  Queens is the only team to beat Belmont Abbey, and they did it twice.  I'll pick uber-athletic Wisconsin-Parkside.

South:  I'm inclined to pick Bellarmine since greenhawks pounds Incarnate Word every year, but I'm going with either Longwood or CSU, Chico from the other side of the bracket.

West:  I'm going with conference mate St Mary's (TX) to add to their reputation as the Buffalo Bills of D-II Iba.  Why?  It's a good bet most years they will win their region, making 6 Final Fours in the last 13 seasons.
5/23/2013 9:26 AM
A Who's Who of D2 Iba coaches left in Round 2. I recognize almost every name. ryanconrey and I have been doing this a LONG TIME and meeting in the 2nd round tonight. It's hard to believe we've only faced each other 1 time.

Looking forward to some of these matchups of old timers including Valdosta/Longwood, Concord/Wayne St, Bowie St/Incarnate Word, AASU/B-A, USP/Bellarmine, and my game Harding/Slippery Rock
5/23/2013 10:59 AM
exactly, hacker. We're not playing our best right now, I feel a little shaky on our matchup w/ Valdosta. 
5/23/2013 5:34 PM
I was glad to make back into the NT after being out of D2 for a while.  We didn't show well in the first round but looking forward to trying to climb that mountain again.
5/23/2013 10:13 PM
damn. tough way for us to go out. 
5/24/2013 4:31 PM
I have a feeling St. Mary's NT run will be coming to an end tonight.  Slippery Rock looks very strong.
5/25/2013 5:01 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
D2 season 64 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.