Heartland-CVAC Challenge 75? Topic

If teams are still willing, below is what a schedule based on last season's RPIs might look like.

Week 5: Montevallo @ Coker
Alternatively, if coaches want to play a sim, it might look like
Rockhurst @ Coker
Anderson @ Montevallo
Week 6: Ok Pan @ St Andrews
Barton @ Drury
Week 7: St Edwards @ Mount Olive
Limestone @ Lincoln
Week 8: Valdosta St @ Belmont Abbey
Pfeiffer @ W Alabama
Week 9: N Alabama @ Erskine
Lees-McRae @ W Florida
Week 10: Queens @ Incarnate Word
St Marys @ Longwood

Mix & match if you're in another tournament. Even if we don't get all coaches, it's tradition!!!
8/29/2014 11:16 AM
I'm sure teams are still in. Mduncan and I both just happened to get super busy around the start of the season and neglected to set it up. 

Thanks for setting up the matchups, dave!
8/29/2014 12:10 PM
Thanks for doing it dave.  I was traveling all week and not where I could get it set up.
8/29/2014 7:53 PM
Looks like there are conflicts for the week 7 games. Schedule those in whatever week works.
9/1/2014 1:25 PM
i already have to play W Alabama in the Yarnell...so i guess it can count for a cvac/heartland challenge game too?  or do we want to amend the schedule and flip my game with someone else that hasn't scheduled yet?
9/2/2014 8:43 AM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 9/2/2014 8:43:00 AM (view original):
i already have to play W Alabama in the Yarnell...so i guess it can count for a cvac/heartland challenge game too?  or do we want to amend the schedule and flip my game with someone else that hasn't scheduled yet?
Let's count it for both.
9/2/2014 11:09 AM
bump, and do we need to set a schedule for next season?
10/26/2014 8:31 PM
St Andrews 79, Oklahoma Panhandle 70: St Andrews' Michael Price had 18 free throw attempts on his way to a game-high 23 points. OkPan's C Alfred Oram was the difference, but not in a good way, going 1 of 11 from the floor.

Valdosta St 89, Belmont Abbey 74: Valdosta rode an explosive second half to a 15 point win, with 5 players finishing with double digits. POG Jackie Mills stuffed that stat sheet off the bench, with 14 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. PF Kenneth Barnes scored 18 points in 14 minutes for BA.

Tied 1-1
10/26/2014 9:02 PM
Montevallo 80, Coker 67: The Mont doubled 'em up in the first half 40-20 and the rout was on. Alexander Franklin was money with 19 points for Montevallo, although the whole team was very efficient. Montevallo shot 58.5% from the floor and 64% from three. Coker's Thomas Sievert didn't miss a shot on the way to 11 points.

Drury 85, Barton 38: No really, that was the score. Drury didn't attempt a three and chewed up Barton at the free throw line, going 35 of 42. Johnathan Winkowski had 19 off Drury's bench to lead the way. Barton was equally pathetic from two-point and three-point land, going 24%. Dusty2two2 should burn the game film of this one.

Pfeiffer 77, W Alabama 67: Pfeiffer stretched it to 21 during the second half, W Alabama closed it to 6, and the final margin was 10. Gerald Thomas had 15 for Pfeiffer. W Alabama's William Fowler had 18 of 6 of 17 shooting and W Alabama shot 37.5% as a team.

Heartland 3, CVAC 2
(sorry for the sporadic updates, traveling for work this week and World Series has me distracted. GO ROYALS!)

10/28/2014 10:23 PM
I will set a schedule for next season. I will do that now. 

10/30/2014 5:35 PM
Probably won't have time for caps until Sunday if someone else wants to pick it up.
10/31/2014 5:10 PM
Longwood 56, St Mary's 54: This was no more than a 3 point game either way for the last 15 minutes of play. St Mary's went 2 of 5 on free throws to end the game, including a missed one-and-one with 0:44 left. Harold Wells of Longwood hit a bucket with 14 ticks remaining to provide the final margin. Longwood's team effort was enough to overcome the 19 apiece from Frank Fried & Kenneth Hepworth.

St Edwards 63, Mount Olive 53: St Edwards kept Mount Olive at bay most of the second half. St Ed's backcourt of Lockett and Livingston combined for 31. The difference in the game was 20 fouls by Mount Olive to only 8 by St Edwards.

Limestone 91, Lincoln 76: Limestone kept their mark perfect with a 15 point win, that could have been more with better free throw shooting. Limestone enjoyed at 45-33 rebound advantage and held Lincoln to 39% shooting. Johnny Duffy did manage a game-high 26 for Lincoln.

Incarnate Word 76, Queens U (NC) 60: Incarnate Word rode hot shooting to a 16 point upset of ranked Queens. IW shot 59%, led by James Simmons' 17 points.

Erskine 69, N Alabama 54: N Alabama only managed 38 FG attempts and didn't have enough opportunities to match the scoring of Erskine. Himes and Richardson scored 16 each for the victors.
11/2/2014 7:09 PM
Tied 5-5, I think it goes to scoring differential? Congrats to the Heartland?
11/2/2014 7:11 PM
Heartland-CVAC Challenge 75? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.