-Finally found and fixed the issue where some recruits will show up with 0's for attributes. Turns out, this was WIS's fault...at least from what I can tell. Sometimes, if you do a recruit search that results in multiple pages of recruits, it will occasionally show the same recruit on different pages where it should've shown two different recruits. This caused me to miss some recruits during the ratings search, and then find them during the town search, and so I 'd have recruits with 0's for attributes.
You can get the latest version here
-Found issue where grabbing out of vision recruits without grabbing in vision recruits caused recruits found in both searches to be marked as out of vision. Now, it forces you to grab in vision recruits when grabbing out of vision recruits.
-Updated it to remember how many threads you picked last time. It was too annoying to forget to change the dropdown.
-Fixed bug (I think) where some recruits would show as out of vision when they weren't actually out of vision.
Version 1.9 (THIS VERSION IS EXPERIMENTAL, DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR PREVIOUS VERSION JUST YET)
-Fixed bug with case sensitive username checking in some cases
-Added message to tell you when you entered an incorrect username or password
-Threads! (donor only...non-donors are stuck with 1 thread).
Now, when you select Download/Update Recruits, there will be a dropdown to select how many threads you want to use. Note that anything over 4 threads requires a decent amount of ram allocated for the program. I had to allocate 1GB of ram to get 16 threads to run. I would recommend just trying different numbers and watching it. If you ever see it say "Created error.log", then it probably failed due to lack of memory even if it appears to be working after that.
-Fixed bug when grabbing coach info for a team with no players.
-Fixed memory leak when grabbing formation IQs.
-Save column widths when changing positions.
-Hardcode donor list as of today 11/29/2011. Anyone already on the donor list should never get the "Error accessing the donor list" message again. I'll update the hardcoded list for each new release. I'll still be updating the online list asap after receiving a donation.
-Updated the "Update Multiples" to also grab formation IQ and GPA. So now, you can highlight a bunch of recruits (even if they aren't considering multiple), right click->mark for action, and the Update Multiples to get the formation IQ and GPA of selected recruits.
Version 1.8.2 - Added formation IQs to custom equations and recruit export.
New build that adds formation IQs to custom equations and the recruit export. The symbols to use in the equations are I,ND,PS,SH,TR,W,D34,D43,D44,D52,N,D (I had to use 'D' in front of the number ones to differentiate them from actual numbers).
Version 1.8.1 - Fixed column width issues.
New build that should solve column width issues. Basically most of the columns now have fixed widths. The only adjustable columns are name, considering, and the custom equation columns (because I have no idea how big of numbers you would want to put in there). I also scrapped the operating system look & feel because it was forcing the column headers to be wider than they needed to be. I still need to add IQs into custom equations, csv export, and the filters.
Version 1.8 - Added ability to grab formation IQ and GPA
I made a new build that grabs and displays formation IQ. I kinda rushed it, so it just added 13 columns to the table. Unless you have a gigantic monitor, you'll probably have to tinker with your column widths. You can also just hide columns you don't care about. Grabbing formation IQs is the equivalent to grabbing GPAs (it grabs them all at the same time from the recruit's formation IQs page). This can be kinda slow. Some people were getting errors with previous versions when trying to grab GPAs. I think I fixed that error, but I'm not sure. Note that this version should still be considered beta. After I make some more updates to clean it up, I'll make a proper release and update the web page for it.
Version 1.7.2 - Added ability to set custom column headers on the S1-S6 columns.
Please test it and let me know if you find any bugs with it. There's a lot of weird scenarios that can happen with it, and I'm not sure I got all the bugs out. One thing that I know will make it screw up is if you give different columns the exact same name, so avoid that.
In the equations, there is now a checkbox that says "Use Custom Headers" or something like that. If you check that box, then there will be a whole bunch of new text boxes that show up. These text boxes allow you to enter custom column headers for each equation for each position. The per position headers will show up when you've filtered for that position. The "ALL" headers will show up anytime the position filter is set to "ALL". When the position filter is set to a position, the way it figures out what to show for the column header is as follows:
1) If there's a custom header for that position for that column, it uses that.
2) Else, if there's a custom header for "ALL" for that column, it uses that.
3) Else, it uses "S1" (or whatever number for that column).
When you change the position filter, it's kinda slow to change. This is because it rebuilds the table to use the new headers. If you don't select "Use Custom Headers", then changing the position filter won't rebuild the table and it'll be as fast as before.
One behavior that is either really confusing or really awesome is that hiding/showing columns is based on column name. This means that different positions can show a different number of columns. If I hide column "S6", it will be hidden for any position that still has it named "S6". If one position has that column named something else, then it will still show up for that position. Here's an example of a realistic setup.
QB - set a custom column header for S1 named "Guess QB"
RB - set a custom column header for S1 named "Guess RB" and a custom column header for S2 named "Guess FB"
Now, set the position filter to QB and hide columns S2-S6. Now, for any position where they would still be called S2-S6, those columns will be hidden. So when looking at QBs, you only see the "Guess QB" column. If you switch to RB, you will actually see two columns, "Guess RB" and "Guess FB". That second column shows up because it's not named "S2" when looking at RBs.
Hopefully that makes sense once you actually try it out. If not, I'll try to explain better...maybe with some screenshots or something.
Version 1.7.1 - Fixed a bug where clicking on a recruit sometimes opened the wrong recruit.
Version 1.7 - This update includes some changes to the user interface to hopefully make it more user friendly. It also includes some changes that had been asked for a lot, including a way to filter signed recruits and more custom equation slots. There may be bugs with some of these changes, so please let me know if you find any problems. Also, feel free to give me feedback on the user interface changes and let me know if there are ways I can improve it even more.
Here's the list of the main changes for 1.7
- Set the table so that it resizes when you resize the program.
- Set up the ability to hide columns. You can right click the table header (where the columns are) and select which columns to show/hide.
- Since you can now hide columns and resize the program, space isn't an issue anymore, so I added 3 more custom equation slots. People had asked for separate equations for stuff like DT and DE. It's easier to just add more slots for the base position (e.g. DL).
- Added the ability to use "GPA" and "POT" in equations.
- Moved filters and search fields to the main view. Set up collapsible sections for the search fields and the filters. It may be a little confusing, but there's a key difference between the search fields and the filters. The filters can be turned off without actually clearing out those text fields (using the "Apply Filters" checkbox).
- Got rid of filters in the menu.
- Added a search checkbox to hide signed players.
- Moved checkboxes for bolding attribute columns to its own menu item.
- Updated the default config.ini to include the latest GUESS equations and my potential values.
Version 1.6.1 - Hey everyone. I had most of this update finished a long time ago, but I kinda fell out of the GD loop and just never got around to finishing it. It still doesn't include everything I wanted to get in there, but I figured I should release something. I want to thank all the donors who keep supporting me, and want to let you know that I'm still here. I still check the site occasionally, and I always check my PMs. I'm looking forward to norbert's updates and will definitely be updating the tools if needed afterwards. *NOTE* - if I remember correctly, old recruit season files will not be compatible with this version. I haven't tested it in awhile, so I could be wrong on that.
The changes for 1.6.1 are
1. Streamlined recruit actions into a single step. (donors will love this one, I think)
2. Added GPA (not very useful yet).
3. Fixed NullPointerException some people were getting while grabbing recruits.
Version 1.5 - Fix for people having issue grabbing recruits.
Version 1.4.1 - Fix for mass recruiting after GD update.
Version 1.4 - Now with message grabber and potential assigner
1. Fixed bug where setting a filter on a bolded column would cause no recruits to show up.
2. Added Scholarship Offer to mass recruiting.
3. *Donor only* Added ability to grab recruit messages and auto-assign a value for potential. There is a new options screen called "Potentials". There is where you would enter sentences for potential and a number to go with each one. When you tell the program to grab messages, it will look for these sentences in the message and then assign the potential number to the recruit. That number will show up in the "Pot" column. Also, if you mouse over the "Pot" column, there will be a tooltip showing which sentence that recruit had for their potential. Also, if you click on a recruit's name, it will show you all the messages you've received for that recruit. The message viewer thing is a little clunky cause I just threw it together a long time ago, and I don't use it, so I was never motivated to improve it. Here are the sentences and values that I use. Make sure to copy and paste these, as they have to be exactly what's in the message:
1 - I'm not sure he has the ability to get much better during his college career.
2 - Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments.
2 - Some room for improvement, but not much.
2 - He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years.
2 - I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special.
2 - He seems slow to pick things up in practice.
2 - Probably won't see huge improvements in his game during college.
3 - With your coaching, I think his game has a lot of room to grow.
3 - He's not the most gifted athlete...but not bad at all.
3 - Above average potential.
3 - He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us.
3 - With a little work, he could be a very good player.
3 - Good potential for improvement.
4 - The sky is the limit for him as far as his potential goes.
4 - All I can say is, incredible upside potential.
4 - Tremendous potential - he could be a star.
Version 1.3 - Now with Mass Recruiting!
1. I fixed a bug where if you had filtered the recruits, and then highlighted a bunch and right-clicked to "Mark for Action", it would actually mark the wrong recruits. So now, the checkboxes will always get checked properly when doing "Mark for Action".
2. You can now select "Update Multiples" without selecting any recruits. Doing this will make it update for all recruits who have considering of "multiple". Note that this can take awhile.
3. In the considering summary of a recruit, there is now a 3rd number. This is the number of recruits that are green or yellow for that school. Note that this is only the number that the program knows about. To make sure this number is accurate, make sure to grab and update recruits outside of your vision. This number gets updated after updating considering and after updating multiples.
4. *Donor only * Mass recruit options are now available. You have to select recruits using the far right checkboxes, just like with "Update Multiples". The options available are "Add to Watchlist" (only available before recruiting starts), "AC Phone Call", and "AC Scout". When you do AC Phone Call or AC Scout, it will only do one phone call or scout per recruit. Note that the popup tells you how many recruits it's about to do recruit actions for. Pay attention to this so that you don't accidentally waste all your money.
Fixed a couple bugs with updating recruits not properly setting/remembering a recruits town and who they're considering.
No more recruit and coach files! The program will grab that info for you now. I got lazy with the recruit and coach files, so it was just easier this way. Note that there's now another file that you need, towns.dat. Note to donors, you'll want to redownload the .jar file as I made one small change since I sent that sitemail about it before.
Also, I finally made some detailed instructions here
. They're not finished yet, but they should be enough to get anyone up and running. I should be able to add more to it tonight.
I'd like to share with everyone my recruiting tool that I created. It's written in java just like the game analyzer. It's not fully completed yet, but I figured I'd share it the way it is to get some feedback on it. Here's a quick rundown of what you can currently do with it:
- Quickly view/filter every single recruit for your division (and the division above if applicable)
- See a rundown of which schools are closest to that recruit and how your distance compares (ignores sim ai schools)
- See how many scholarships each of those schools has available and how many recruits they've signed (once signings have started)
- Automatically access the wis site to figure out which recruits are in your vision
- Mark the players you're interested in
- Easily manage multiple teams across multiple worlds (or even multiple teams per world)
- Export all recruits to a spreadsheet
- Update considering status of the players type 1 (this will mark a player as undecided, multiple, or the school they're considering)
- Update considering status of the players type 2 (this will change a player from "multiple" to the list of schools they're considering)
- Update signed status of players
Features currently missing that will be coming soon:
- Grab messages and link them to the players
- Auto mark the potential of players based on messages that have been grabbed
- Do recruit actions in bulk (e.g. send an AC scout to 50 recruits at once)
Download and instructions here