yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

out of vision will pull recruits that your team CANNOT recruit and cannot even see via the GD engine.    The value of seeing these players?   Simply to monitor who your recruiting opponents (who have greater vision than you) may be targeting.  

use the "filter" tab to filter out recruits too far away.... or... to put it another way... to view only the recruits within comfortable recruting distance.  check the filter settings for more uses.

the "action" tab is an advanced function tool which... if you made a donation to the tool designer and he activates the adv functions... simply "highlites" players that you want to use the advanced functions for.  One example of an advanced function is putting highlited (action box checked) players on your GD watch list or doing an AC scout mass recruit.    As far as using those advanced functions to recruit out of vison players... sure you can recruit them, but they will nvr sign with your team.  That would be an exercise in futility and a waste of GD recruit funds
2/6/2011 4:51 PM (edited)
Thanks, milmont. That explains a lot.
2/7/2011 10:36 AM

On the webiste to download this tool there is a picture of a recruit mapping tool.  I can'y find this feature?  Is it a seperate tool or a function that I just am overlooking?

2/10/2011 8:08 AM
Posted by irishmenn on 2/10/2011 8:08:00 AM (view original):

On the webiste to download this tool there is a picture of a recruit mapping tool.  I can'y find this feature?  Is it a seperate tool or a function that I just am overlooking?

I'm not aware of any such tool.  If you give the address of where you see the picture, I can probably figure out what you're seeing.
2/10/2011 8:50 AM
Thanks for the help.

http://www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm

second picture down.
2/17/2011 6:56 AM
hmm...never noticed that picture before.  Have you tried sitemailing yatzr and asking him if this tool is available and if so, where?
2/17/2011 8:47 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I've never been able to get the mapping tool to work either...
2/17/2011 5:41 PM
yatzr

I found it now.  Thank you for your help.
2/18/2011 8:13 AM
got it to work.. make sure all the .dat files are where they are supposed to be, and make sure once that's done, you reopen the program and start fresh.
2/18/2011 10:25 AM
I have an issue where the coach's names are showing up beside players if they are considering multiple schools, but if the recruit is green on a school, it does not list their coach or any of the other scholarship information.  Is this normal and I am just now noticing it?
3/10/2011 9:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm having a couple of problems.
1. When I enter data into S1 and S2 on the equations tab it does not calculate in the recruit list.
2. When I enter information in the filters it won't bring up any recruits.

I know I should know this but what are the three numbers on the recruit info? Like 10/9/6.

Thanks for the tool. Just need to figure out how to use it effectively. Thanks.
4/5/2011 4:08 PM
Posted by dynasty_ob on 4/5/2011 4:08:00 PM (view original):
I'm having a couple of problems.
1. When I enter data into S1 and S2 on the equations tab it does not calculate in the recruit list.
2. When I enter information in the filters it won't bring up any recruits.

I know I should know this but what are the three numbers on the recruit info? Like 10/9/6.

Thanks for the tool. Just need to figure out how to use it effectively. Thanks.
1. Try copying and pasting the equations from S3 into S1 and S2, then edit them as you'd like.  I've also had trouble simply writing them into the boxes.

2. Did you click 'Refresh' after you put in your filters?  Unless you do that, no recruits will show up. When you load/update recruits, did you also click on 'Grab Recruits' Towns'? This is the only way to determine their distance from you.  If you're putting in several filters, try adding them one at a time. click 'Save' in the Filters screen, then click Refresh on the main page. Keep doing this for each of the filters you want to add; it may be that you're cutting things too fine, leaving you with no recruits.

The first number in the recruit info is the number of scholarships that need to be filled; the second is the number of players signed; the last is the number of recruits, both signed and unsigned, that are considering that particular school.
4/5/2011 7:36 PM
Works fine for me
4/6/2011 4:17 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.