14 ~ DALLAS   DALLAS   BYU
12 ~ OAKLAND   HOUSTON   DALLAS
10 ~ TAMPA BAY   NEW ORLEANS   PITTSBURGH
8 ~ MIAMI   BYU   CAROLINA
6 ~ N ILLINOIS   TAMPA BAY   CINCINATTI
4 ~ ST LOUIS   TROY   NIU
2 ~ OHIO   FRESNO STATE   OHIO

QB ~ VICK   P. MANNING   VICK
RB ~ HIGHTOWER   R. BROWN   S JACKSON (STL)
RB ~ MGD   D. MCFADDEN   D MCFADDEN
WR ~ A JOHSON   D. JACKSON (EAG)   R. WAYNE
WR ~ M WALLACE   T.O.   R. WHITE (ATL)
WR ~ COLSTON   LARRY FITZ   A JOHNSON (HOUU)
DEF ~ CLEVELAND   ST LOUIS   MIAMI

TB1: ~ 12   9   NONE

Nobody got TB1 Correct.  There were 6 different Michael Jackson songs in that mix that I heard....  
12/18/2010 11:18 AM
Nelson has Miller Genuine Draft at RB? 
12/19/2010 2:38 AM
Posted by ebel331 on 12/19/2010 2:38:00 AM (view original):
Nelson has Miller Genuine Draft at RB? 
Beer never let me down
12/19/2010 8:40 AM
Here is what I have for scores:

NELSON ~~~~~~~~~~~~ WILL ~~~~~~~~~~~~ EBEL
20 20 NEW ENGLAND 20 NEW ENGLAND 20 NEW ENGLAND
18 18 BYU 18 ATLANTA 0 TAMPA BAY
16 16 ATLANTA 0 PITTSBURGH 16 BALTIMORE
14 14 DALLAS 14 DALLAS 14 BYU
12 12 OAKLAND 0 HOUSTON 12 DALLAS
10 0 TAMPA BAY 0 NEW ORLEANS 0 PITTSBURGH
8 0 MIAMI 8 BYU 8 CAROLINA
6 6 N ILLINOIS 0 TAMPA BAY 6 CINCINATTI
4 0 ST LOUIS 4 TROY 4 NIU
2 0 OHIO 0 FRESNO STATE 0 OHIO

QB 46 VICK 23 P. MANNING 46 VICK
RB 2 HIGHTOWER 9 R. BROWN 15 S JACKSON (STL)
RB 6 MGD 8 D. MCFADDEN 8 D MCFADDEN
WR 11 A JOHSON 2 D. JACKSON (EAG) 3 R. WAYNE
WR 10 M WALLACE 0 T.O. 12 R. WHITE (ATL)
WR 8 COLSTON 12 LARRY FITZ 11 A JOHNSON (HOUU)
DEF 10 CLEVELAND -7 ST LOUIS 17 MIAMI

179   111   192  

12/20/2010 9:59 AM
If anyone has anything different, speak now or forever hold your peace. I will be mobile for the next hour or two and then I'll double check to make it official.

Assuming everything is correct, ebel will have from Noon today until 5PM to let me know who he is taking with him into the final two.
12/20/2010 10:02 AM
Sweet, I am now accepting bribes from anyone eligible to be taken to the end.  All PayPall donations accepted but free GD seasons will be returned to sender. 
12/20/2010 11:38 AM
Alright I'll skip the bribes and the suspense.  First let me say that even though I couldn't pick either one of them out of a lineup I consider both Nelson and Will friends of mine.  That's why I was in immediately when Dubs suggested the four of us work together.  I've enjoyed playing and strategizing GD with them and the same goes for this Survivor game.  This wasn't a decision I had previously made and I didn't have a final2 deal with either of them.  I considered throwing this challenge so I didn't have to choose.  But the part of this game I enjoyed the most was the challenges, especially the NFL versions. 

I definitely worked the most with Nelson in this game.  From day1 we were strategizing together and had fun early trying to track the multitude of alliances that were forming at a brisk pace.  We survived the destruction of U2 together and after Dubs got booted we controlled the 3 remaining idols the rest of the way.  We each had other people/groups we worked with but I considered Nelson my partner in crime from the beginning so I feel like we should end it together as well.  Plus, I want to give him a chance to finally beat me in something GD related cause these title games haven't been going so well for him  

So I'm gonna vote out Will and take Nelson to the finals with me.  Good game, Will.  I get the feeling that you would have beaten either me or Nelson in the final vote. 
12/20/2010 1:00 PM
No worries, ebel. I had one hell of a lot of fun playing. Given the amount of time you and nelson put towards deciphering the clues for the idols, you are worthy finalists. Thanks to polabonez for organizing what turned into a fun way to pass the time, particularly after WIS "improved" the engine and its subsequent "tweaks" (God, I'm beginning to hate that word).
12/20/2010 1:18 PM
Officially, ebel has won the challenge.

Also official, ebel has submitted his last vote to me, which is as he stated above.

willgibson finishes in 3rd place.  Nelson and ebel are the GD Survivor Hits of the 80's final two.

Nelson has until Noon tomorrow (Tuesday) to post his final speech on why he should win the game.

Ebel will then have until Midnight tomorrow to post his final speech.

From the time ebel posts his speech until Wednesday night, the council can sitemail me who they wish to win. Assuming everyone is available to vote (I sent a message to the council before the weekend and have not heard that anyone will NOT be able to vote on Wednesday), I will post the game recap and announce the winner either Wed night or Thursday, depending on when the votes come in.

Congrats to the final two,  Good luck in the final voting, and congrats to everyone else who made it as far as they did!

12/20/2010 1:27 PM (edited)
That's funny.  I had an alliance with Dubs too, but I never heard he had one with you three.
12/20/2010 2:21 PM
Unfortunately it looks like I trashed my bigger survivor sheet, but these are some of the notes i made early on alliances...

Div1- Ebel, arfy, darryljones2, mudda, nelson, will, dubs.  NOT wilpike
G5- Ebel, nelson, will dubs, wildpike
air akron- Ebel?, sjurat, mudda, cmhbuck, cadenland, taco, bcs?
elite8- nelson, dubs, wildpike... arfy, mudda... bcs, quiteman, cmhbuck.  NOT ebel, dj2, will
elite8 inside- bcs, arfy, nelson, wildpike 

12/20/2010 3:01 PM
First I'm hearing that I was in "Air Akron".  I was in an alliance with awags and darryljones2, in another alliance with just dubs, and a third one with mach5 and I think it was nyaggie (not sure- too long ago).   As far as I know, I wasn't aligned with sjurat, mudda, cadenland, and tacothebean.
12/20/2010 3:19 PM
My Final Speech

First, I just want to thank ebel for bringing me along and pola for putting together challenges in between drunken stupors...

Now, I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I was kind of in and out of the game the whole time through real life events, though I was in enough to make a variety of alliances and **** off a variety of people. I tried to be upfront with people as much as I could and I tried to keep my word as much as I could. I'm sure some people feel I didn't keep my word and that was the case in a few situations. However, I do think I played the game the way it's meant to be played and I should definitely be voted winner of Survivor Hits of the 80's. I had a good time doing group challenges with my tribes and had a great time playing the game. I hope you vote for me when you make your final decision. Thanks.

Nelson
12/20/2010 3:20 PM
Posted by cmhbuck on 12/20/2010 3:19:00 PM (view original):
First I'm hearing that I was in "Air Akron".  I was in an alliance with awags and darryljones2, in another alliance with just dubs, and a third one with mach5 and I think it was nyaggie (not sure- too long ago).   As far as I know, I wasn't aligned with sjurat, mudda, cadenland, and tacothebean.
yah those were just notes i made, definitely not promised accurate :)  check your sitemail and see if you have any titled RE: Air Akron, mine have all fallen off the list by now and deleted.

i had sent sjurat mail titled 'air akron' and he had forwarded it to his group, so anyone that i got a reply from under that title i put on the list.  i liked how sjurat always wrote in like a coded language as if it would avoid detection if the mail fell into wrong hands :) 
12/20/2010 4:05 PM
Posted by cmhbuck on 12/20/2010 2:21:00 PM (view original):
That's funny.  I had an alliance with Dubs too, but I never heard he had one with you three.
Well, you and I were just forming something when we got thrown into U2, and there were already 10 other alliances out there at that point started by Arfy and bcsuperfan (at least one of which I was in with you)

Basically, by the time you and I were beginning to work together stronger, ebel, nelson, will and I had all four idols and a really strong alliance. 

Besides, the first time you and I ever voted in the same tribe, you helped oust me, so you couldn't call that much of an alliance. Glad I didn't trust you enough to mention will, ebel or nelson. Might have hurt them later.

Originally the alliance had 5 people, by the by. wildpike went out in vote one.
12/20/2010 4:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...66|67|68|69|70...72 Next ▸
GD Survivor- Hits of the 80's. WINNER CROWNED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.