JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

Dude, what did you all do?  Tell me it is early, tell me we have only seen 1 half of football, but I can tell you I know how to play this game well enough that I am afraid you guys might of made some signficant errors with the new SIM Engine.  The new SIM engine reminds me of the very first SIM Engine for GD.  The new game has eliminated a lot of strategy and basically made the game very basic.  There just doesn't seem to be a lot strategy with the new version.  Hows about bringing back the different depth charts for each formation, that alone would be a nice improvement and add a lot more strategy and control to the game.  Give me something because I feel like GD completely eliminated any advance strategies for the game.
11/17/2010 7:09 AM
its scary when you have the vets like cravedogg and 2chair not enjoying the new engine, I really really really hope WIS takes note. Because it is players like these that have made this game what it is today.
11/17/2010 7:11 AM
WIS decided to go with a completely internal testing/debugging process on this one.  I won't state my opinion on that decision but I think people should be aware that the current GD council was not involved in the current game product.
11/17/2010 7:13 AM
Off with the council's head!!!

But seriously, forget all of the discussion about whether it's more strategy, the game is completely bugged. We can't even play a normal game now.
11/17/2010 7:15 AM

Holy freaking hell...

11/17/2010 7:20 AM
Posted by ddingo on 11/17/2010 7:13:00 AM (view original):
WIS decided to go with a completely internal testing/debugging process on this one.  I won't state my opinion on that decision but I think people should be aware that the current GD council was not involved in the current game product.
After the first half of a current game, looks like the Secretary and Janitor was involved with testing. In my case there is really no need to pursue looks like a coin flip every play and no real skill.
11/17/2010 7:22 AM
there seems to be less planning when it comes to formations and ratios... but there will be more planning when it comes to formation practice and who you get experience and starts to.
11/17/2010 7:22 AM
Amazing update.  My gameplan allows trips formation on 1st down only if 11+ yards to go.  My team went with trips on 5 consecutive 1st and 10's. 
11/17/2010 7:32 AM
Does anyone even understand how to get different running backs to run the game?  I can not find what the 90/10 split or any of the other variances mean.  My wr's were set to never run and they ran 3-4 times.
11/17/2010 7:38 AM
Nightmare I am done. Take care Crave its been fun
11/17/2010 7:44 AM
Posted by bjaygee on 11/17/2010 7:32:00 AM (view original):
Amazing update.  My gameplan allows trips formation on 1st down only if 11+ yards to go.  My team went with trips on 5 consecutive 1st and 10's. 
I enjoyed watching my team run the ball out of ND Box on 3rd and 11.  Amazingly, we gained 13 yards ... longest run of the game thus far.

Apparently I should turn the playcalling over to my old friend SIMAI.
11/17/2010 7:48 AM
After revewing my two games this AM, I have come to the conclusion that this update SUX.  I am winniing both games and should be.  So this is not a sore loser gripe.  The game and substitution logic is bad.  TEs running the ball when I have RBs on the bench that have not seen the field.  I have OL and DL playing at what appears to be 60% eff.  I have a slot WR that has played only 10% of the plays and I run a lot of Trips and Gun.  If this is not fixed soon, I will be done.  I am in the last season with all four of my teams and have 6200 pts that I will convert to gift certs and be done with this garbage.  I hung in there for an extra few months for this crap?
11/17/2010 7:49 AM
I ran on 3rd and 20. Awesome.  I also had time run out on me in my 2-minute drill after a 10-yard completion with 26 seconds left.
11/17/2010 7:50 AM
The update is new give them time to fix the bugs.
11/17/2010 8:09 AM

I only looked at 2 possessions of the play-by-play with my FSU team, but that's all I needed to see that something is significantly wrong. I am passing on 1st and 10 out of ProSet when all my 1st and 10 plays are set to "Always Run". I have a WR running the ball when his running option is set to "Never". I somehow have a TE getting handoffs when they don't even have a running option. What the hell is going on here?

11/17/2010 8:15 AM
12345 Next ▸
JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.