Update Status Update Topic

Posted by potter444 on 8/13/2012 11:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by harriswb3 on 8/13/2012 9:41:00 PM (view original):
NORBERT:  You are awesome and we will all be patient with you as you continue this huge undertaking.  Keeping us informed is the most important thing of all, and you are doing a great job.  We all really appreciate it.
How are you able to type with Norbert's balls in your hand?
           That's IT ! 
                 If this thing is successful then we will have Wis Parties across the nation. 
                          And we can call them...................Norbert's Ball's !!!
8/14/2012 1:27 AM
Kudos, norbert.  I believe you're really gettiing to important issues.  Normalization, reduced coaching input, inexplicable results and the inability to determine cause and effect drove me from the game.  I came back a season ago because I still followed GD, read the forums, and hoped what had been a great game might be resurrected.  I think I'll stick around and see how the update plays....
8/14/2012 8:26 AM
I know you were not going to cover recruiting in this update, but it needs addressed. I'm sorry, but you should never and I mean never lose a recruit to a SIM. When I first started a CV would knock them off 95% of the time and 100% on the second. Now 3 and 4 doesn't work. You end up running out of money and then get a crappy recruit that is 100 to 150 pts lower than the recruit the SIM won. How is that possible. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I know your busy Norbert with the Big update and I'm really looking forward to it, but as soon as you can address this issue. Thx
8/15/2012 7:01 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 8/15/2012 7:01:00 PM (view original):
I know you were not going to cover recruiting in this update, but it needs addressed. I'm sorry, but you should never and I mean never lose a recruit to a SIM. When I first started a CV would knock them off 95% of the time and 100% on the second. Now 3 and 4 doesn't work. You end up running out of money and then get a crappy recruit that is 100 to 150 pts lower than the recruit the SIM won. How is that possible. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I know your busy Norbert with the Big update and I'm really looking forward to it, but as soon as you can address this issue. Thx
I just don't see how it can benefit the game at all if recruiting got even easier vs SIM AIs.
8/15/2012 8:40 PM
I agree with tcochran. I don't see how making SIM AI's any worse at recruiting or game play as a good thing.
8/15/2012 8:46 PM
Totally agree with tcochran, it's refreshing to to ole simai have a shot in recruiting battles.
8/15/2012 9:14 PM
Thanks NORBERT!
8/15/2012 9:26 PM

They only have a shot because they have unlimited funds. In real life a 1-12 team would never win a recruit away from say a 10-3 team. Maybe they can set it up so they get the same funds we do and some how calculate what they would spend. I just think the majority would like SIMS to be more competitive because there are not enough Human teams. I understand that everyone likes competition, I would rather lose a game or a recruit to a human rather than a SIM. I have never lost a game to a SIM, but losing recruits is getting to frequent.

8/16/2012 4:40 AM
It's not that I care if SIMs are more competitive.  It's just that they are really easy to knock off.  If you are letting a SIM stay in a recruiting battle that is just poor planning on your part.  If they were too easy to run over then it would just lessen recruiting strategy.
8/16/2012 8:12 PM
I don't give a **** about losing battles to sim's, yeah sometimes they can be tough but they are always very beatable in a one one battle. The bull **** that needs fixing is when you lead in a battle after signings and then get the email that the recruit says he is now leaning in a different direction and on this same cycle signs with the other team. This is ******* bull **** at its best and if the developers have any balls will see that it gets fixed.

Still 3 plus days of recruiting left and just 3 cycles ago I get a guy to favor me and then in an instant turns w/o a chance to woo him some more??? Obviously if I have money I'm willing to spend some more.  Yeah I'm ********. So be it. Its **** like this that shows what kind of **** we pay to play.
8/16/2012 9:28 PM
Do you have to currently be playing the actual game to test the beta or can we do a try before you buy type of thing?
8/16/2012 10:46 PM
Posted by jibe on 8/16/2012 9:28:00 PM (view original):
I don't give a **** about losing battles to sim's, yeah sometimes they can be tough but they are always very beatable in a one one battle. The bull **** that needs fixing is when you lead in a battle after signings and then get the email that the recruit says he is now leaning in a different direction and on this same cycle signs with the other team. This is ******* bull **** at its best and if the developers have any balls will see that it gets fixed.

Still 3 plus days of recruiting left and just 3 cycles ago I get a guy to favor me and then in an instant turns w/o a chance to woo him some more??? Obviously if I have money I'm willing to spend some more.  Yeah I'm ********. So be it. Its **** like this that shows what kind of **** we pay to play.
jibe are you referring to the qb? if so, i got a message saying he was leaning my way on signing cycle and i put more into it afterwards, so that would be interesting if that's the case on your end
8/17/2012 10:32 AM
Nope different guy. I still had a load of $'s left to pour into that QB and would have loved to have him but got caught up in real life and missed a day or so of recruiting  and he was signed away. Congrats and good job.

8/17/2012 10:51 AM
oh ok, didn't mean to bring up the subject if not needed but anyways sorry to hear u didn't have a chance to finish the job but thanks
8/17/2012 11:09 AM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 8/16/2012 4:40:00 AM (view original):

They only have a shot because they have unlimited funds. In real life a 1-12 team would never win a recruit away from say a 10-3 team. Maybe they can set it up so they get the same funds we do and some how calculate what they would spend. I just think the majority would like SIMS to be more competitive because there are not enough Human teams. I understand that everyone likes competition, I would rather lose a game or a recruit to a human rather than a SIM. I have never lost a game to a SIM, but losing recruits is getting to frequent.

Are you sure they have unlimited funds?  I was always under the impression the funds weren't limited they just didn't have distance penalties.
8/17/2012 4:15 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Update Status Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.