Update Status - 10/1 Topic

fox sports itself is a cluster **** of epic proportions.
they constantly screw up GD and are **** poor in CS relations.

they just screwed up the launch of Fox Sports Next(the redesign and rebranding of Scout.com) so badly that a good majority of the subscribers threatened to leave if they didn't revert back to Scout. they reverted back and through it all their customer service sucked and the communication was terrible.

so if Norbert is going to do his job and give us updates on the progress then i am not going to ***** about it.
his customer service relations are extremely more pleasant than normal Fox bullshit.
besides... does anyone want to go back to JConte and his claims that nothing was wrong with the engine and that it was us?

10/13/2012 1:06 PM
Working as intinded was the old engine battle cry. 
10/13/2012 7:51 PM
Posted by iamthetwo__2 on 10/13/2012 7:51:00 PM (view original):
i'm still stunned i didn't get banned after some of the tickets i sent in during that period.
i'm not a sailor but i can cuss like one on shore leave when provoked and that period definitely provoked me.
10/13/2012 8:13 PM
Posted by mrfortune3 on 10/13/2012 8:13:00 PM (view original):
i'm still stunned i didn't get banned after some of the tickets i sent in during that period.
i'm not a sailor but i can cuss like one on shore leave when provoked and that period definitely provoked me.
This, sent some pretty offensive tickets as well. I think I told JConte to go die
10/14/2012 1:14 AM
Posted by nauds3000 on 10/14/2012 1:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mrfortune3 on 10/13/2012 8:13:00 PM (view original):
This, sent some pretty offensive tickets as well. I think I told JConte to go die
i thought about saying that but couldn't quite bring myself to type it.
10/14/2012 7:22 PM
This engine is awful.  Since you're never going to release a new one, at least revert back to the old engine before JConte released this POS.
10/18/2012 7:28 PM
hmmm well I am relatively new, but I do find myself frustrated by the lack of options and unclear statistical categories.  I see the same teams having success year in and year out so I do know it is not completely random.  However, it shouldn't take 5 seasons to get a hang of things, and there should be a guide with definitive information.  As Tcochran said, we are paying customers.  When you go out to eat, and food is served cold, do you stop complaining when they promise to hire a new chef someday?  I paid for this dish.  Now the reverse is true too: if I keep returning to that same resteraunt, and complain everytime, I am foolish. 

I enjoy building a team/program, and I will see through a few more seasons because it is not terribly time consuming and I do love football, but I can see myself simply returning to EA's NCAA football.  Some might be into math and enjoy trying to make sense of the game engine and the mechanics and stat categories.  I enjoy football though.  When it becomes less about football and more about deciphering mystery mechanics, the thrill is lost.   

Perhaps some people can be more polite when vocalizing frustration, nevertheless, when frustration is met with silence, or the implication that we expect too much and/or should shut up and grin, or that programming more ergonomic features into the game is too difficult, than we have to wonder what we are paying for.  11 bucks a season in an age of "free to play" online games is not cheap.  Most games requiring monthly subscriptions are no more than 15 and they are constantly updating and adding features to keep customers coming back.  They most definitely offer a definitive guide. 

For now, I am enjoying the game for the most part and hope things come together soon in terms of direction! 
10/19/2012 8:23 PM
Posted by samson75 on 10/19/2012 8:23:00 PM (view original):
hmmm well I am relatively new, but I do find myself frustrated by the lack of options and unclear statistical categories.  I see the same teams having success year in and year out so I do know it is not completely random.  However, it shouldn't take 5 seasons to get a hang of things, and there should be a guide with definitive information.  As Tcochran said, we are paying customers.  When you go out to eat, and food is served cold, do you stop complaining when they promise to hire a new chef someday?  I paid for this dish.  Now the reverse is true too: if I keep returning to that same resteraunt, and complain everytime, I am foolish. 

I enjoy building a team/program, and I will see through a few more seasons because it is not terribly time consuming and I do love football, but I can see myself simply returning to EA's NCAA football.  Some might be into math and enjoy trying to make sense of the game engine and the mechanics and stat categories.  I enjoy football though.  When it becomes less about football and more about deciphering mystery mechanics, the thrill is lost.   

Perhaps some people can be more polite when vocalizing frustration, nevertheless, when frustration is met with silence, or the implication that we expect too much and/or should shut up and grin, or that programming more ergonomic features into the game is too difficult, than we have to wonder what we are paying for.  11 bucks a season in an age of "free to play" online games is not cheap.  Most games requiring monthly subscriptions are no more than 15 and they are constantly updating and adding features to keep customers coming back.  They most definitely offer a definitive guide. 

For now, I am enjoying the game for the most part and hope things come together soon in terms of direction! 
Agreed.
10/21/2012 5:15 PM
Posted by tcochran on 10/18/2012 7:28:00 PM (view original):
This engine is awful.  Since you're never going to release a new one, at least revert back to the old engine before JConte released this POS.
+1
10/21/2012 5:57 PM
Posted by bhouska on 10/21/2012 5:57:00 PM (view original):
+1
All of us who were around for the old engine know this.  If we are not going to get a new and improved one then at least give us back the old one. We had plenty of control. 

10/21/2012 7:49 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 10/21/2012 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhouska on 10/21/2012 5:57:00 PM (view original):
+1
All of us who were around for the old engine know this.  If we are not going to get a new and improved one then at least give us back the old one. We had plenty of control. 

+1
10/21/2012 8:40 PM
Just FYI- the code may as well have been destroyed. It was written in an old language that is not supported by the servers anymore. So there is no going back.

Unless someone wants to buy the old code, it is this engine or the perpetually coming one.
10/21/2012 9:10 PM
Posted by caesari on 10/21/2012 9:10:00 PM (view original):
Just FYI- the code may as well have been destroyed. It was written in an old language that is not supported by the servers anymore. So there is no going back.

Unless someone wants to buy the old code, it is this engine or the perpetually coming one.
Thanks norbert.
10/22/2012 7:02 PM
Just stating the facts. There was no bias in that post.
10/22/2012 7:51 PM
You have to understand, caesari, if we don't ask, we're 100% for sure not gonna get it back. If we ask, at least they know what we want.
Just in case somebody gives a $hit. Lol.
10/22/2012 9:12 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Update Status - 10/1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.