End-of-gameplan question Topic

Folks,

Is it possible to run, say a 'comeback' game plan when down by 8 or more with 7 minutes or less left, but also when down by 4 or more with 3 or less minutes left?  In other words, *not* when down by 4-7 when there is still enough time on the clock to run a real drive? 

I know there are optional gameplans, but should I trust the logic to understand the overlap here?  Just wondering...
11/16/2012 12:00 AM
yes, your gameplans will change.
11/16/2012 3:45 AM
Posted by dream76 on 11/16/2012 12:00:00 AM (view original):
Folks,

Is it possible to run, say a 'comeback' game plan when down by 8 or more with 7 minutes or less left, but also when down by 4 or more with 3 or less minutes left?  In other words, *not* when down by 4-7 when there is still enough time on the clock to run a real drive? 

I know there are optional gameplans, but should I trust the logic to understand the overlap here?  Just wondering...
Gameplans move from more restrictive to less, first in score, then in time.  So, if you have one gameplan that's kicks in when down by 8 or more with 7 minutes or less left (A), and another that kicks in when down by 4 or more with 3 minutes or less remaining (B), then:

Plan A will be active as long as you're losing by 8 or more and there are less than 7 minutes remaining left in the half/game (e.g., it will still be active at the 2 minute mark).

Plan B will kick in ONLY if you're losing by 4 - 7 with less than 3 minutes remaining in the half/game. If Plan B is active and you again fall behind by 8 or more, Plan A will then be reactivated.

11/16/2012 8:45 AM
Thank you!
11/16/2012 3:09 PM
End-of-gameplan question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.