Hey everyone...

I have a question for players who manage to schedule 2 games between the end of recruiting and the start of the season.  This is not a thread to complain about the current setup, or to weigh in on whether it is worth the trouble. 

- Are preason games played without halves?  In other words, it is simulated once per day? 

- If the answer is yes, is it simulated in the afternoon or in the early morning? 

- Are scheduled games played the following day or two days after?

These may seem like simple questions to get the answer to, but between work and sleep, I am not available to check at those times, and do not recall when the games were played when I am available.  Thanks for any info!  I would really like to make the scheduling easier and having these answers would help a great deal since we do not get the option to schedule an actual date, nor does the offer include the first available date (it may be implicit, but without the understanding of how that date is decided on, it might as well be invisible).    

11/16/2012 11:48 PM
TO be clearer, If I schedule a game right now (11:48 PM), when would the game be played?  The following day?  2 days from now? 
11/16/2012 11:50 PM
Exhibition games (pre-season) are simulated once per day. They simulate around 2:30am (Eastern time)

11/16/2012 11:58 PM
Thanks Jhard.  Once per day is a good start.  Is it the following day? 
11/17/2012 5:41 AM
Ok it looks like it is scheduled 2 days in advance.  So to get two games, you should schedule on Thursday or Friday before recruting ends?  I think it is THursday, but I just want to be sure for next season. 

Thanks again for any info!
11/17/2012 5:44 AM
If you schedule a game at 11:48 pm, and you and the team your scheduling has a spot available the next calendar day, it would be scheduled for and played 2 hours and 42 minutes after you scheduled it. 2:30 am the following day.
11/17/2012 8:35 AM
Ok so I scheduled a game at 11:48 PM as described above, had an open schedule, and the game ended up being scheduled at 2:30 AM 2 days later, not the immediate next day.  How can we determine if a sim has an open schedule?  As far as I can tell, most non human teams don't play preseason right?  So this team I scheduled with should have had the next day available.  I think anyway... 
11/17/2012 11:44 AM
Pull up that teams profile and check their schedule. You should be able to see if they had an open slot. Maybe some other human coach scheduled them ahead of you.....
11/17/2012 12:57 PM
Posted by shonuff504 on 11/17/2012 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Pull up that teams profile and check their schedule. You should be able to see if they had an open slot. Maybe some other human coach scheduled them ahead of you.....
What he said.

11/17/2012 1:17 PM
Looking at your situation, I'm assuming you attempted to challenge Curry to an exhibition game at 11:48 pm on 11/16, correct?  In which case it should've been accepted and played at 2:30 am on 11/17.  Since that wasn't the case, I would assume that you're in a different time-zone than WIS, and it was already 11/17 at WIS when you challenged Curry.

11/17/2012 1:23 PM
Yes your assumptions are spot on.  My time zone is Eastern.  Curry has no exhibition games during this time.  I will have to look around the site a bit to see what time zone Wis is using.  You may have solved the riddle!!

Thanks again for all the guidance. 
11/17/2012 1:57 PM
Actually, my Time zone would be the latest...  So back to square one.    I can not complain, because if the game had been scheduled as it should have been, my new recruits would have missed out.  So to get two games, you have to schedule the games Saturday morning (the day recruiting ends) after 2:30 AM. 

Although that does not clarify what happened in my situation, it does give me the answers I was looking for for future seasons.  Thanks again for the input!
11/17/2012 2:03 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.