Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Posted by hyeena on 11/20/2012 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/20/2012 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mal247 on 11/20/2012 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/20/2012 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Would someone please explain to me the reason behind playing a game that you don't like and have publicly stated you don't expect to get better?  If you seriously feel that way, quit playing.
so i can talk **** to my 2 brothers who also play?
If I hated playing the game that much, I would find some other way to talk **** to my brothers.  But that's just me.
My sentiments precisely.
If I order the same thing at a restaurant and continually dislike it, is it the chefs fault or should I try a different item or chef?
11/20/2012 4:16 PM
Posted by cydrych on 11/20/2012 3:04:00 PM (view original):
/updateuser crickett13 -tard -killswitch_gd -killswitch_beta "Thanks for your feedback."

j/k
no need to waste it on me I never win enough games anyway :)
11/20/2012 5:07 PM
Posted by norbert on 11/20/2012 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Just to keep expectations reasonable, we have some time before beta will launch and beta will probably take almost 2 months to make sure things are running well, so I don't think the update will be pushed live for at least 3 GD seasons.  So I would count on playing the next 3 seasons under the current engine.  Plus when we push out the update, you'll have to wait for the season to roll over to move to the new engine, so possibly up to the next 4 seasons.
Ok.
11/20/2012 5:22 PM
Id Love for this to all work out and hope the new engine is great... cuz it cant be worse than what we got, but plz for the love of god tell me your gonna fix the conferences to reflect all the realignments etc. And perhaps get rid of some teams that dont even have a College FB program. Id really like the Big12 to contain WVU + TCU and Texas A+M to be in SEC and even Maryland and Rutgers in the Big 10 and go ahead and move Pitt and Cuse to the ACC, u know like real Life.
11/20/2012 5:42 PM
Here are some things to consider:

1. If you think norbert sucks, leave.
2. If you think we're being lied to, leave.
3. If you can't wait 3-4 cycles, leave.
4. If you think it's going to be longer than 3-4 cycles and you can't wait that long, leave.
5. If you think Fox/WIS sucks, leave.
6. If you don't like the idea of how the beta is going to be run, leave.
7. If you think that GD 3.0 will suck when it's released and not be quickly patched/fixed, leave.

Otherwise, STFU. The rest of us are tired of having meaningful update threads turned into flame wars and *****-fests. It's exhausting trying sift through the mountains of garbage to unearth the relatively few posts of substance.
11/20/2012 5:45 PM
Posted by taladar on 11/20/2012 5:42:00 PM (view original):
Id Love for this to all work out and hope the new engine is great... cuz it cant be worse than what we got, but plz for the love of god tell me your gonna fix the conferences to reflect all the realignments etc. And perhaps get rid of some teams that dont even have a College FB program. Id really like the Big12 to contain WVU + TCU and Texas A+M to be in SEC and even Maryland and Rutgers in the Big 10 and go ahead and move Pitt and Cuse to the ACC, u know like real Life.
No, this is purely a game engine (and all the requisite inputs - Depth Charts, Playbooks, etc) change. Recruiting is not being touched. Playoffs/bowls are not being touched. Scheduling and conferences are not being touched.
11/20/2012 5:46 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 11/20/2012 5:45:00 PM (view original):

4. If you think it's going to be longer than 3-4 cycles and you can't wait that long, leave.
7. If you think that GD 3.0 will suck when it's released and not be quickly patched/fixed, leave.

Otherwise, STFU. The rest of us are tired of having meaningful update threads turned into flame wars and *****-fests. It's exhausting trying sift through the mountains of garbage to unearth the relatively few posts of substance.
This. And I see my last post to mal was removed, but I will not be reposting it.
11/20/2012 5:48 PM

1. To the 5 people (you know who you are) who constantly flame the board with bullshit ******** that is annoying, leave.

FTFY
11/20/2012 5:50 PM

+1
and don't let the door hit you on yer way out!
11/20/2012 5:53 PM
WEll im sorry id like for the game to REFLECT REAL LIFE a little and have the CORRECT TEAMS IN THE CORRECT CONFs. just cuz ur ****** at someone elses post doesnt mean u gotta be short or rude with me. i pointed out sumthing that shuld be SIMPLE to fix remove WVU, Rutgers,Pitt, Cuse, from BE. put WVU in Big 12 put Rutgers in Big 10 put Pitt/Cuze in ACC. Put TCU in Big12 Put Texas A&M and Nebraska in SEC . compared to the engine fix this shuld be childs play. And before u rip into me cuz i happen to disagree with u and tell me how hard it is to program that keep in mind i do have a degree in Computers&Electronics and know that those fixes wuldnt take any effort compared to the overhaul its goin thru
11/20/2012 6:15 PM
Sorry that was rude too. And 2 rudes dont make a Nice, Lol. But ya id really like them to Fix the engine 1st obviously its more important but id also like to have Real Life Confs and not old ones or made up ones or teams that dont even exsist on here.
11/20/2012 6:35 PM
Posted by taladar on 11/20/2012 6:15:00 PM (view original):
WEll im sorry id like for the game to REFLECT REAL LIFE a little and have the CORRECT TEAMS IN THE CORRECT CONFs. just cuz ur ****** at someone elses post doesnt mean u gotta be short or rude with me. i pointed out sumthing that shuld be SIMPLE to fix remove WVU, Rutgers,Pitt, Cuse, from BE. put WVU in Big 12 put Rutgers in Big 10 put Pitt/Cuze in ACC. Put TCU in Big12 Put Texas A&M and Nebraska in SEC . compared to the engine fix this shuld be childs play. And before u rip into me cuz i happen to disagree with u and tell me how hard it is to program that keep in mind i do have a degree in Computers&Electronics and know that those fixes wuldnt take any effort compared to the overhaul its goin thru
If you're talking to me, I'm sorry that you perceived my response as short/rude. It wasn't intended that way. The issue of conference realignment has been brought up in the Council Forum and it's been dismissed - along with Recruiting changes and, well, any non-gameplay changes - because the game engine changes are taking so much time. So I was just trying to remind anyone who is looking for other changes that they simply won't be happening. It's not being mean or short or rude... it's just the simple fact of this update.
11/20/2012 6:47 PM
Just to complete the thought on Conf Realignment, it's not as easy as it seems. In RL, conferences have an unequal amount of teams (SEC has 14 and Big 12 has 10) and play unequal amounts of conference games. This would not fly within the GD world, where scheduling has to be consistent enough that everyone gets the same number of games and that the same scheduling algorithm can be utilized across all conferences (for the sake of coding ease, re-use is an imperative).

While RL conference alignments should be a goal of the game to help stay consistent with reality, I don't think it's a HIGH priority, nor is it just a simple task of switching a few teams around.
11/20/2012 6:51 PM

Here is something for you to consider.Norberts last miscalculation on when the beta would be ready cost me 45 bucks so.........

STFU I can say what I want Sheeple
11/20/2012 8:00 PM (edited)
Posted by crickett13 on 11/20/2012 8:00:00 PM (view original):

Here is something for you to consider.Norberts last miscalculation on when the beta would be ready cost me 45 bucks so.........

STFU I can say what I want Sheeple
+100
11/20/2012 8:05 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.