"Exchanging Game Tape" Topic

How does GD and the coaches view exchanging "game tapes" strategies with other coaches? Point blank is it frowned upon to ask another coach what type of game plan they used to beat a common opponent? Obviously the other coach could be lying and it would be info to use at your own risk.
11/28/2012 4:51 PM
This is a good question.  I don't recall asking about specific opponent gameplans.  I do recall providing some "general comments" to conference mates on how they might wish to gameplan against an opponent in the playoffs, etc.

I think its fair to ask and/or provide information regarding aggressiveness settings and other details that are not easily available in the play by play and other game results.
11/28/2012 5:31 PM
You can look back at an opponent's previous games and see what formations were used and how successful they were, this can be time consuming, but it gives you a very good idea of what your opponent may do on a given down/distance.  Or, you could also use yatzr's game analyzer to do the same thing.
11/28/2012 5:35 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 11/28/2012 5:35:00 PM (view original):
You can look back at an opponent's previous games and see what formations were used and how successful they were, this can be time consuming, but it gives you a very good idea of what your opponent may do on a given down/distance.  Or, you could also use yatzr's game analyzer to do the same thing.
I usually do both, however, like harris said aggressiveness is hard to determine.
11/28/2012 6:31 PM

What is this "game plan" you speak of?

11/28/2012 6:34 PM
I wouldn't share information about my conference mates to someone from outside the conference. I might look for some tidbits for a mutual non conf. opponent from another non conf. team.
11/29/2012 11:30 AM
You should ask, the worst that can happen is they say no.  This used to be common for me and a few other coaches, especially in preseason games.  However, with the lack of gameplanning effectiveness and loss of many veteran coaches, I don't think it will have the same value as it once did.
11/29/2012 1:28 PM (edited)
Posted by potter444 on 11/28/2012 6:34:00 PM (view original):

No idea.  Must have been part of a new update or something.
11/29/2012 1:59 PM
Ya gameplanning has become less of a necessity but I haven't really done this with other coaches... that I can think of... but I spose I don't really see a problem with it
11/29/2012 9:25 PM
Posted by Arfy on 11/29/2012 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by potter444 on 11/28/2012 6:34:00 PM (view original):

No idea.  Must have been part of a new update or something.
A ninja update!!!
11/30/2012 8:07 AM
Cydrych can you help a newbie? Second season in and I can't find a ninja to recruit anywhere
11/30/2012 1:38 PM
"Exchanging Game Tape" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.