OT: Bowl Game trips Topic

Anyone planning to go to any Bowl Games this year?

I went to the Music City Bowl last year and the Gator Bowl the year before (Mississippi State Fan). I haven't decided if I'm going to go the Gator Bowl this year or not.
12/5/2012 2:52 PM
Im going to the chick fla bowl on the 31st to see LSU, I usually go to the Outback Bowl every year since its in Tampa.
12/5/2012 11:25 PM
That should be a good game with LSU-Clemson. I'd like to see LSU do to them what WVA did to them last year.
12/6/2012 9:11 AM
I'll be helping with the radio broadcast for the Armed Forces Bowl (Rice vs Air Force)
12/6/2012 11:09 AM

partisan for one of the teams or non-partisan for a media outlet?

12/6/2012 1:15 PM
Posted by kilabe on 12/6/2012 1:15:00 PM (view original):

I don't have any ties to either one, just the broadcast.  I'm the Color Analyst for Texas A&M-Commerce (D2) a buddy of mine is the play by play for Rice and used to work the games with me at Texas A&M-Commerce, so I'm going to help him out some.
12/6/2012 2:49 PM
Posted by brocal on 12/6/2012 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kilabe on 12/6/2012 1:15:00 PM (view original):

I don't have any ties to either one, just the broadcast.  I'm the Color Analyst for Texas A&M-Commerce (D2) a buddy of mine is the play by play for Rice and used to work the games with me at Texas A&M-Commerce, so I'm going to help him out some.
That's so cool. Radio broadcasting is basically what I want to do with my degree.
12/6/2012 3:44 PM
mb, Shoot me a sitemail if you wanna chat about it.  You'll love it...takes forever to move up through the ranks but it's seriously a blast.
12/6/2012 4:35 PM
Posted by kilabe on 12/5/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):

I went to the Music City Bowl last year and the Gator Bowl the year before (Mississippi State Fan). I haven't decided if I'm going to go the Gator Bowl this year or not.
Yeah my brother and I went to that Gator Bowl game, got tickets from one of my vendors who was an MSU alum. Long story short we were the only MIch fans sittng right across the aisle from the MSU band...it was a long day but at least it got Rich Rod fired LOL.
12/6/2012 5:54 PM
Hoping to get to the Alamo Bowl (Go UT).  Although OSU will probably put up 50 us.
12/7/2012 12:01 AM
Posted by rwings1927 on 12/6/2012 5:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kilabe on 12/5/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):

Yeah my brother and I went to that Gator Bowl game, got tickets from one of my vendors who was an MSU alum. Long story short we were the only MIch fans sittng right across the aisle from the MSU band...it was a long day but at least it got Rich Rod fired LOL.
The best memory I have of that game was Mich was on the field doing warmups and the State players came running out for their warm ups. The place lit up with cowbells and every Mich player just stopped and gazed around at how dramatically the noise level suddenly increased.

I hope my redneck brethren treated you kindly and with respect. I've had good experiences interacting with opposing fans. At the Music City bowl, there was a family a couple rows in front of us that had 3 middle school aged boys. They were all decked out in Wake Forest gear and face paint. I thought it was great. At half time, when I walked by, I talked to mom & dad a little bit and ribbed the boys by offering them the chance to ring the cowbell. They all refused and held steadfast to their team.
12/7/2012 9:55 AM
They were great we had a number of good nature'd digs at each other but yeah the cowbells that was what made it a long day...had my ears ringing for hours afterward and I remember how everybody had painted them. I have an opportunity to go again this year but I can escape into the clubhouse this time when MSU scores.
12/7/2012 3:23 PM
OT: Bowl Game trips Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.