I have always had a difficult time recruiting offensive linemen on pretty much all levels.  

If anyone has any specific reasons why this may be or what I could do to get in with more OL early in the recruitment process, a sitemail would be much appreciated. 

1/4/2013 3:36 PM
Good OL, like good DL, are always in high demand.  Setting your sights too high,fixating on a particular player or going head-to-head against a superior opponent can wreck your recruiting budget.  Good targeting, knowing who you're recuriting against, and number of available scholarships are the keys.
1/4/2013 4:13 PM
bjaygee is correct.  The small number of great OL are in high demand.  I suggest a different recruiting approach, by targeting a slightly different pool of talent.  Perhaps focus on ATH or SPD as one of your primary recruit attributes, while accepting slightly less STR and BLK than you might like.  Then you can use practice time to build up those attributes vs not practicing the others.  GI or TECH might be better to focus on.

Not advocating, just suggesting a different approach if you are having trouble.

Also, you may try just knocking off a SIM or two very early on to get guys that meet your current criteria.
1/4/2013 6:46 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 1/4/2013 6:46:00 PM (view original):
bjaygee is correct.  The small number of great OL are in high demand.  I suggest a different recruiting approach, by targeting a slightly different pool of talent.  Perhaps focus on ATH or SPD as one of your primary recruit attributes, while accepting slightly less STR and BLK than you might like.  Then you can use practice time to build up those attributes vs not practicing the others.  GI or TECH might be better to focus on.

Not advocating, just suggesting a different approach if you are having trouble.

Also, you may try just knocking off a SIM or two very early on to get guys that meet your current criteria.
Let me sum up what Harris is trying to say,

"Leave my guys alone, and go after the crumbs"

lol

1/5/2013 3:27 PM
Might I suggest that you start off by locating OL by doing a recruiting search where you input your specific requirements.. I can tell you from experience that while I do use Yatzr recruiting tool I dont always select a player becuase of how he rates from day one. If he has high potential I know he will grow 2-3 per year for atleast 3 years.. or basically 6-9 points per attribute I am practice planning for.. So I would reccommend finding a decent acceptable base number for strength, block, GI, tech, and speed, in that order, block or strength can be switched if that is your preference... do a search and start with "x" number, and narrow it down to people you dont have to battle another human or if you do its one that you have a clear advantage to, and also remember that sims, even though WIS has done a horrible job of explaining it, sims can and do in some cases have a higher prestige value, and if a particular person is their FIRST choice, you will have little to no shot at getting the recruit.. I have run into this first hand... hit sims early and often to get them to switch, if you have poured a ton of cash in the first 3 rounds and they havent switched.. chances are you wont get them to.
1/6/2013 11:44 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.