Offseason Regression? Topic

I keep detailed spreadsheets of all my player ratings that I update several times during the season and then again when the season rolls over.  In most cases I'll see a slight improvement accross the board when the new season comes in, but I've got a WR that finished last season with 91 ELU, 91 HNDs and he starts this season having regressed back to 90, 90 and his STAM is down one as well.  There's no drop in WE and this definitely happened AFTER the season roll-over.  While I realize in real life this happens all the time, I've never noticed a drop off on my spreadsheets in this game... they've always either improved or remained static.  Anyone else ever notice this or have I somehow missed it over the seasons?
2/12/2013 8:00 AM
For as long as I have played I have seen this happen. Either up or down. WIS will tell you that each player is different and it will depend on each indevidual player as to witch way it will go. Up , down , or not at all.
2/12/2013 8:32 AM
Posted by fermor332002 on 2/12/2013 8:33:00 AM (view original):
For as long as I have played I have seen this happen. Either up or down. WIS will tell you that each player is different and it will depend on each indevidual player as to witch way it will go. Up , down , or not at all.
+1
2/12/2013 8:49 AM
Thanks... guess I've just been lucky that they've always gone in the plus direction.  It's a sim player, so that does make sense, as he was probably average potential at best... just never saw it before.
2/12/2013 8:54 AM
This has always been the case, and usually you see a small dip in stats. more prevalent when a skill is higher then 90. Makes sense right - no one  returns from off season in the same shape - which is why we have practice and camps prior to playing. Hello 2 a days.
2/12/2013 9:45 AM
Most players who have attributes that are higher than 90 (except for WE) see some regression of those attributes in the off season.
2/12/2013 10:46 AM
Interesting....I've never noticed (of course, I've rarely had a 90+ as I've been at D3 and D2).  I'ts nice to know before I see it and start pulling my hair out.
2/12/2013 10:56 AM
Yes I had this happen to me at Western Oregon with one of my top players 92 spd and 91 elu move back to 90 and 90 at the start of the next season and nearly lost my ****, I wish i still had the ticket I submitted to them lol....What they said is Work Ethic will make a player go up or down in the off season....
2/12/2013 3:16 PM
Offseason Regression? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.