Coaching Job Question Topic

I am considering applying for a D1 job and am currently coaching a D1-AA school. I am only qualified for the "lesser" tiered D1 schools though...My worry is I had a good recruiting last year with my current school, so I don't want to lose it if I don't get hired by any D1 schools I apply to. I've only been hired twice so I have no experience with if no schools hire me.

If it says "Qualified" does that pretty much GUARANTEE you will be selected?

Also, would you say I'm better off MASTERING D1-AA and getting qualified for ALL D1 schools, or make the jump now even if to a lower tier school while I have the chance?

Thanks in advance guys!
4/4/2013 8:34 AM
Posted by notrekane on 4/4/2013 8:34:00 AM (view original):
I am considering applying for a D1 job and am currently coaching a D1-AA school. I am only qualified for the "lesser" tiered D1 schools though...My worry is I had a good recruiting last year with my current school, so I don't want to lose it if I don't get hired by any D1 schools I apply to. I've only been hired twice so I have no experience with if no schools hire me.

If it says "Qualified" does that pretty much GUARANTEE you will be selected?

Also, would you say I'm better off MASTERING D1-AA and getting qualified for ALL D1 schools, or make the jump now even if to a lower tier school while I have the chance?

Thanks in advance guys!
Qualified means that you have the qualifications to apply for the job, there are no guarantees. 

You've only been in D1AA for a single season. My advice is to stay there at least two more seasons (three would be better), do well (especially if you can get a CC or two), and you'll not only be qualified for bottom feeder mid-majors, but BCS schools as well.
4/4/2013 9:58 AM
My only worry is, what if I do crappy or average over the next 3 seasons? Will that REMOVE my chance to move up to D1 bottom tier schools?
4/5/2013 8:34 AM
No, probably not.  Your overall record is not bad.  If your ultimate goal is an Elite, the easiest way is to win a couple CC's of a mid major.  They are easier to win than a BCS conference as a non Elite.
4/5/2013 10:48 AM
Coaching Job Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.