Sought After Candidates Topic

What's everyone's thought on putting into a place a system of being "sought after" from schools in higher divisions? I have no clue if something like that would ever be feasible, but it sounds like it would be pretty cool. For example, you might be a highly successful (multiple CC and maybe a NC) coach in DII and you get an "offer" from a DIAA school. If you apply and get hired, you automatically get an additional $20,000 (or however much) for getting hired at a school that sought you out. 

Just a thought I had today while at work...
5/7/2013 5:34 PM
I like it maybe not $20,000 in D1-AA as that's a lot of money but you're on the right idea I like it!
5/7/2013 5:46 PM
I don't think there should be any money at all, period. It just would alert coaches that they were eligible for a certain level of jobs.
5/7/2013 6:35 PM
Posted by bucki22 on 5/7/2013 5:34:00 PM (view original):
What's everyone's thought on putting into a place a system of being "sought after" from schools in higher divisions? I have no clue if something like that would ever be feasible, but it sounds like it would be pretty cool. For example, you might be a highly successful (multiple CC and maybe a NC) coach in DII and you get an "offer" from a DIAA school. If you apply and get hired, you automatically get an additional $20,000 (or however much) for getting hired at a school that sought you out. 

Just a thought I had today while at work...
I agree about the no money but it would beat the current system as far as job openings.  I think it would be cool if the school could offer you x number of years instead of the "generic" 5
5/8/2013 12:44 AM
I think I like this idea.....I personally would not move because of one of these "offers" (most likely) but it would be another nice little bump to the ego, reminding me how great of a coach I am (in a computer generated, online, fake football world).  LOL
5/8/2013 10:55 AM
Instead of recruitment money (which could be "gamed" I'm sure) I would be OK with WIS credit.  Sounds like a good idea!  I would ask you to go over and post it in the "Suggestions" thread but nobody from WIS ever goes to look at it. 
5/8/2013 2:29 PM
Instead of a flat $20,000, how about they get their fair share of the postseason money that all the other returning coaches get?

5/8/2013 5:41 PM
Posted by cydrych on 5/8/2013 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Instead of a flat $20,000, how about they get their fair share of the postseason money that all the other returning coaches get?

+1

5/9/2013 7:33 AM
I like that idea cydrych     

5/9/2013 8:04 PM
Posted by cydrych on 5/8/2013 5:41:00 PM (view original):

+1000

Hey Norbert, take a moment and let us know how feasible something like this is
5/10/2013 1:28 AM
Sought After Candidates Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.