Anyone ever get fired from DIAA. I didn't but got a message from my assistant coach stating have you seen firevikesrule69.com. I didn't have a terrible season. I went 9-5 and lost in the first round, so don't know where that came from.  I was just curious if anyone else ever got a similar message or was actually fired.
5/12/2013 6:08 PM
Its very tough to get fired from DIAA... I cant remember the last time I saw it happen... if ever
5/12/2013 9:22 PM
I agree with hookemhorns, it is tough to get fired at D1aa.  However, when moving to a new school at D1aa or D1a,  you will drop in job status if you win fewer games. 
5/12/2013 9:54 PM
I got exactly the same message in D1AA after a reasonable season and went from Very Secure to Secure I was quite surprised. Either the following season or the one after following a not great season at all I got a message Good Job Coach and went back to Very Secure. Must be fairly common???
5/13/2013 5:21 AM
Posted by graham1958 on 5/13/2013 5:21:00 AM (view original):
I got exactly the same message in D1AA after a reasonable season and went from Very Secure to Secure I was quite surprised. Either the following season or the one after following a not great season at all I got a message Good Job Coach and went back to Very Secure. Must be fairly common???
Yes, it's quite common. As others have said, if you win fewer games your first season than the team won the season before, you job status will fall to Secure.  However, within a season or two, it will move back up to Very Secure.

You really have to work hard to get fired from D1AA; it usually has to do with repeatedly getting caught using booster gifts, having your Rep fall to F, and having a bad season.

5/13/2013 12:19 PM
All you need to see is JConte's run at Northern Iowa and you will have your answer. It doesn't happen.
5/13/2013 1:16 PM
Posted by caesari on 5/13/2013 1:16:00 PM (view original):
All you need to see is JConte's run at Northern Iowa and you will have your answer. It doesn't happen.
Yes, it does happen. Conte was the lead developer, he could set his Job status to whatever he wanted and not get fired - regardless of how poorly his team performed.
5/13/2013 4:16 PM
I don't believe I have ever seen someone get fired at 1aa.

And I've seen abandoned teams like contes by non-developers.

I've heard people say that it can happen but I'm not sure that it actually can.
5/14/2013 12:03 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.