Anyone want to be my Recruiting Coordinator D1AA Topic

I'm a little burned out with GD at the moment and cutting back on my level of participation.  Mostly, its the recruiting that I just don't have the patience or time for anymore.

I have GA Southern in Heisman D1AA as my 2nd team.  I took all SIM recruits last season because I just didn't want to recruit...

If there is anyone out there who just wants to recruit.....I'd love to turn over that portion and I can handle the rest.  At least for one season, which I've already paid for.

Anyone interested???

5/14/2013 7:04 AM
Easily my favorite part of the game. I'd love to do it
5/14/2013 10:30 AM
Chaney...you are in....I'll send a sitemail
5/14/2013 10:37 AM
Harris - I agree that it can become tedious.  I started playing Hoops Dynasty as well, cause you're recruiting just a few guys, not 20 at a time.
5/14/2013 1:56 PM
Yeah I hear ya Bill- I play HD as well because it is less day-to-day work. GD is time consuming, way more than HD.
5/14/2013 7:01 PM
I was the exact opposite. I love to recruit but absolutely hate gameplanning!
5/14/2013 8:29 PM
Posted by Arfy on 5/14/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
That's because you do not possess the intelligence of us gameplanning masterminds.

It's okay, we still love you.

Kinda.
5/14/2013 9:26 PM
Posted by caesari on 5/14/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
That's because you do not possess the intelligence of us gameplanning masterminds.

Kinda.
And caesari should know. His pleathora of National Titles speak for themselves.
5/15/2013 12:57 PM

Kinda.

-LMAO!!!
5/19/2013 1:51 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 5/15/2013 12:57:00 PM (view original):

Kinda.
Dubs, go back to playing Jeopardy.

And.... winning....

5/19/2013 2:21 AM
I am not a fan of ownership crossing over.  One to recruit, one to game plan.  If you cant or wont do both then why play.  Could also lead to conflicts in recruiting players.  Personally, you should manage your own team and learn how to do both effectively.  Dont just quit, its lame.
5/24/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by cellura on 5/24/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
I am not a fan of ownership crossing over.  One to recruit, one to game plan.  If you cant or wont do both then why play.  Could also lead to conflicts in recruiting players.  Personally, you should manage your own team and learn how to do both effectively.  Dont just quit, its lame.
It's fun to have a cocoach. Some people enjoy only one aspect of the game or only have a limited amount of time they can be on. Why is that a problem, if they are following the rules? 
5/24/2013 12:19 PM
I've done a few "co-coaching" gigs...and they have all worked well.  Caesari hit it right.....I only have so much time and I can do gameplanning twice a day...I just don't have the time to check in and do the effort required every three hours for recruiting.  This helps me and helps someone else (who likes that part of the game and has the time to do it).  Clearly, it only works if the humans involved can get along and don't step on each other's toes.  I've done a few seasons with two other guys...one recruited, one was OC, one was DC.  Worked great.  In another world, I split OC/DC (and the recruiting for each) with one other coach.

So, in this case, with my homelife issues...the choices were to (1) quit, (2) find someone to recruit, or (3) continue with the team and basically ignore it, thus making a huge mess of a decent team and totally shitcan my record/reputation as a coach.

Lastly, I think I have done quite well at doing it all "effectively" in two worlds for a couple of years now.  I think my W/L record and GUESS ratings speak for themselves.  Others are better, for sure but I think I've done a pretty decent job.
5/24/2013 11:13 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 5/24/2013 11:13:00 PM (view original):
I've done a few "co-coaching" gigs...and they have all worked well.  Caesari hit it right.....I only have so much time and I can do gameplanning twice a day...I just don't have the time to check in and do the effort required every three hours for recruiting.  This helps me and helps someone else (who likes that part of the game and has the time to do it).  Clearly, it only works if the humans involved can get along and don't step on each other's toes.  I've done a few seasons with two other guys...one recruited, one was OC, one was DC.  Worked great.  In another world, I split OC/DC (and the recruiting for each) with one other coach.

So, in this case, with my homelife issues...the choices were to (1) quit, (2) find someone to recruit, or (3) continue with the team and basically ignore it, thus making a huge mess of a decent team and totally shitcan my record/reputation as a coach.

Lastly, I think I have done quite well at doing it all "effectively" in two worlds for a couple of years now.  I think my W/L record and GUESS ratings speak for themselves.  Others are better, for sure but I think I've done a pretty decent job.
Always enjoyed playing Rose-Hulman in Wilkinson. Not because of the outcome, however..
5/30/2013 12:12 AM
Posted by cellura on 5/24/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Why do I have to do both when in real life (in the NFL, at least) it's actually 2 jobs: GM + coach?
5/31/2013 4:45 AM
Anyone want to be my Recruiting Coordinator D1AA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.