Stuck with no kicker Topic

I fell victim to the dirtiest stunt In GD,  I got my kicker snaked at the last cycle with no money left.  The gutless bastard didn't have the nuts to battle me early, even though he had twice as many schollies as me.  My question is this;  Would it be better to have my punter kick or my quarterback?  My punter is a 28 strength, 61 technique.  He was 18 of 19 on xps in the exhibition games.  He missed his only attempt from 35 yards.  My quarterback is a 47 strength, 69 technique.  It seems to me that early on in my gridiron dynasty experience, I faced a 53, 53 quarterback that kept booming 50+yard field goals against me.  Assuming the same penalty for out of position, wouldn't the quarterback be the better kicker?
7/8/2013 1:28 PM
No offense, but....should have signed him earlier.  All is fair in recruiting...the guy is not signed until he is signed.

And to answer your question, I'm not sure.  Can you try them both?
7/8/2013 3:08 PM
My best advice is to convert a backup player to kicker they'll do better than either your punter or qb...
7/8/2013 4:58 PM
And personally if losing your kicker is the dirtiest stunt in Gd well you haven't seen many dirty stunts lol

7/8/2013 4:59 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 7/8/2013 4:58:00 PM (view original):
My best advice is to convert a backup player to kicker they'll do better than either your punter or qb...
+1
7/8/2013 7:56 PM
But they will only let me convert a quarterback or kicker.
7/9/2013 5:03 AM
I can't convert my senior qb, he is too good.  I guess my two options are; convert my punter to kicker-28 strength,47 technique.  (D3) Do that and suffer with his punting or convert my junior quarterback to punter 21 strength, 37 technique.  Does anyone have any experience with changing positions to get a kicker?  Any advice would be helpful.
7/9/2013 5:11 AM
I meant to say only let me convert a quarterback or punter.
7/9/2013 5:12 AM
based on that, I'd just suffer with letting my Punter do the kicking....you are better off that way than ruining your punter by doing the conversion.
7/9/2013 9:43 AM
I'd crank the FG range down and pray that you don't have to have him kick off much.  You are going to suffer field position issues on kick offs...
7/9/2013 11:38 AM
I'd definitely convert somebody to kicker. It's more important than punter.
7/9/2013 2:45 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 7/9/2013 5:12:00 AM (view original):
I meant to say only let me convert a quarterback or punter.
Then convert a QB or P to K. Sounds simple enough.
7/9/2013 2:46 PM
OR...convert a worthless player that can't convert to P or K to QB so he can then be converted to P or K.  You may have to make more than one position change to get a guy into a position that will convert to P or K.  All the while, taking the hits that come with position change(s).
7/9/2013 4:58 PM
Personally, I'd switch QB Armstrong. His STR and STA are low, you have 2 more seasons to recruit another QB to start in the future.
7/10/2013 9:30 AM
Stuck with no kicker Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.