Keeping Job in a BCS Conference Topic

Does anyone know if you have a top 40 within the FINAL WIS standings do you stay pat on job status and if you finish in the Top 20 do you improve on your job status ?
7/29/2013 9:24 PM (edited)
It's my understanding that winning the conference or getting into one of the top two level bowl games will increase your status and winning a lower level game will hold it....not sure where ranking falls in there.
7/29/2013 6:01 PM
Thanks rwings, as I'm learning through PM's if you are at an elite you have to win a bowl in the top 2 levels to keep at VERY SECURE.
7/29/2013 9:28 PM
Posted by rwings1927 on 7/29/2013 6:01:00 PM (view original):
It's my understanding that winning the conference or getting into one of the top two level bowl games will increase your status and winning a lower level game will hold it....not sure where ranking falls in there.
This is mostly true, I however, have coached Arizona and with two lvl 2 bowl appearances been able to actually UP my job security. I was at  "in jeopardy" with a lvl 2 appearance the previous season, made another lvl 2 (didnt win either) and I went back up to little to no jeopardy. I don't understand how that happened as I have seen coaches do more and still lose security. I think the WIS ranking has a larger factor in determining your security, which if that improves you will be making better bowls, or bowls period.
8/1/2013 9:51 AM
Keeping Job in a BCS Conference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.