Here's an interesting conversation: Topic

Am I out of line in finding this a bit odd? I always thought I was fairly reasonable, but apparently I was mistaken...

Me: "Really? You have a problem with me going after a guy that's 50 miles from me and 450 miles from you? During the first 24 hours of recruiting? "

Other Coach:"Yes Yes i do when hes green to me and nothing to you then yes in fact i do... were in the SAME CONF all ur doin is fukn ur conf mates. if u wanna snake some1 take him form a diff conf for christs sake jeez. And DO NOT give me that miles CRAP u KNO ...
...theres no Good OLs or DLs PERIOD whether its 5 miles or 5000 lineman a few and far between. Just TRY with all ur little might to next time LEAVE the FUK off any REC that says West Virginia or i swear on all thats holy i WILL spend EVERY dollar i ......make takin ur recruits from now till i get fired and i WILL wait till they are green as u did."
7/30/2013 2:00 PM
I'd try with all your little might to continue screwing with him. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that situation. Heck, I think poaching is part of the game, but this doesn't even get close to poaching. What, the coach threw ONE scouting visit at the dude?

I propose a counter attack. Throw a couple scouts at guys in WV, call his bluff. If he goes after them, let him spend all his money and then come in and clean up his recruits.

I'd hate to be in a conference with that guy. However, if I was, I would try and beat his ***.
7/30/2013 2:04 PM
Dear Scrodz, I can't believe you would try and STEAL that guys recruits.  You must be quite a jerk.  In the future you should sitemail him and ask him who he would like and then just settle for scraps.  That's what Caesari would do.  But I guess that's obvious if you look at his record.
7/30/2013 2:46 PM
He ain't yours until he is signed. Green means GO! Conference mates - more reason to go after him as you don't want him playing against you! Plus - the more the other coach whines - the more I want his players! (maybe - maybe not - this is all part of the game for now). This is a game and THIS is part of the game!
7/30/2013 2:51 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what you did. I usually wait until the first 24 hours have passed to start recruiting this way I know who I might be battling for players. The only thing I see wrong is the others guys sitemail is his third grade spelling, someone needs to buy him a dictionary. That looks like a ginomail...it wasn't him was it?
7/30/2013 2:52 PM
I did some snooping, and it was pretty easy to figure out who it was. I'm guessing the coach at West Virginia.

And Arfy, I JUST-- and I mean JUST-- explained what I would do. Do you even read? 

You worry me sir.
7/30/2013 2:54 PM
That's awesome.

Thanks for sharing.  I love a good recruiting debacle.  It's fun and the most entertaining stuff.
7/30/2013 2:58 PM
You can handle this two ways. Continue what you are doing and ignore his a$$.  Or, wait until right before signing and take his best recruits so he really have a hissy fit.
7/30/2013 5:32 PM
Posted by osgonlz on 7/30/2013 5:32:00 PM (view original):
You can handle this two ways. Continue what you are doing and ignore his a$$.  Or, wait until right before signing and take his best recruits so he really have a hissy fit.
LOL.

7/30/2013 5:38 PM
The only thing odd I see in this whole incident is why the F you would coach at Marquette???  LOL.

7/30/2013 5:40 PM

Last time I checked the goal was to win your conference.   B'tch slap the little wuss.

7/30/2013 5:54 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 7/30/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
He ain't yours until he is signed. Green means GO! Conference mates - more reason to go after him as you don't want him playing against you! Plus - the more the other coach whines - the more I want his players! (maybe - maybe not - this is all part of the game for now). This is a game and THIS is part of the game!
This x1000.

I don't care who you are....conf mates or not.  Its all fair and they are not yours until signed.  It happens, I expect it to happen, and all other coaches should too.  This conference mate crap is just that.  I don't want to face a good player every freaking season.
7/30/2013 7:11 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 7/30/2013 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 7/30/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
This x1000.

I don't care who you are....conf mates or not.  Its all fair and they are not yours until signed.  It happens, I expect it to happen, and all other coaches should too.  This conference mate crap is just that.  I don't want to face a good player every freaking season.
EXACTLY. They are your main competition! Don't back down!
7/30/2013 11:21 PM
I don't know, the guy is in his second year at West Virginia, so he is probably an expert.
7/31/2013 12:17 AM
OMG, Taladar is a friggin' royal TOOL! His rationale is so whacked it ain't funny!  Love, love, love having those type goobers in my conference...like taking candy from a baby!!!  Beotch slap his *** scrodz!
7/31/2013 9:00 AM
12 Next ▸
Here's an interesting conversation: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.