Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Shoot... sorry guys. I had a ton going on today and completely forgot to submit my vote. All apologies. Good luck to the rest of y'all.
11/23/2013 1:35 AM
Posted by csudak on 11/22/2013 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stevedotdec on 11/22/2013 11:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 11/22/2013 11:22:00 PM (view original):
And since we are at four, tyson's other idol is out I presume.
We are at the final four, so the only immunity from votes is winning a challenge.  Immunity via idols or GD championships is no longer in play.
Freaky
Woot, I'm faster!
11/23/2013 2:03 AM
Posted by polabonez on 11/22/2013 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Since the idols are no longer in play, can you please explain where the basketball idol was hidden and wtf your clues were supposed to mean?
"basketball idol"?  How do you know there even was a basketball idol?  And if there was, how do you know someone didn't already find it, and just not use it?

Seriously tho, that is a valid question, since idols are no longer in play...however, just like past season's I think we'll save all the idol info for the post-show.

Side note:  This is gonna bug the crap out of Tyson. 

Side side note:  While not confirming or denying the existence of a "basketball idol" and also while not confirming or denying if that idol was already found...if there is/was such an idol...you are certainly welcome to keep guessing for fun.  C'mon, you know you'll feel better if you find it...if it even exists...and if it wasn't already found...

11/23/2013 2:10 AM
Side note for challenge submissions.  You guys will make it a lot easier on me if you send your submissions sorted by sport, with the team you are picking, the team they are beating and the date.  For example:

NFL
20 pts - Team A over Team B on Sunday
20 pts - Team C over Team D on Sunday

NCAA Football
20 pts - Team E over Team F on Saturday
20 pts - Team G over Team H on Sunday

etc.

I expect I'll have the entries posted by early afternoon on Saturday.  I'll try and get them posted as quick as I can.

11/23/2013 2:12 AM
Here's (I think) the full lineup of games to pick:

NFL
Green Bay vs Minnesota
Pittsburgh vs Cleveland
Tampa Bay vs Detroit
San Diego vs Kansas City
Chicago vs St. Louis
Carolina vs Miami
NY Jets vs Baltimore
Jacksonville vs Houston
Tennessee vs Oakland
Indianapolis vs Arizona
Dallas vs NY Giants
Denver vs New England

NBA (Sat)
Charlotte vs Milwaukee
Sacramento vs LA Clippers
Philadelphia vs Indiana
New York vs Washington
Boston vs Atlanta
Orlando vs Miami
Minnesota vs Houston
Cleveland vs San Antonio
Dallas vs Denver
Portland vs Golden State

NBA (Sun)
Detroit vs Brooklyn
Chicago vs LA Clippers
Phoenix vs Orlando
Utah vs Oklahoma City
Sacramento vs LA Lakers

NHL (Sat)
Carolina vs Boston
Minnesota vs Winnipeg
Washington vs Toronto
Pittsburgh vs Montreal
Ottowa vs Detroit
NY Islanders vs Philadelphia
Dallas vs St. Louis
NY Rangers vs Nashville
Anaheim vs Phoenix
Chicago vs Vancouver
Colorado vs Los Angeles
New Jersey vs San Jose

NHL (Sun)
Detroit vs Buffalo
Ottowa vs Carolina

NCAA Basketball (Sat)
1 Michigan St vs Oklahoma
3 Louisville vs Fairfield
11 Memphis vs Nicholls St
12 Wisconsin vs Oral Roberts
23 Creighton vs Tulsa
24 North Carolina vs Richmond

NCAA Basketball (Sun)
6 Duke vs Vermont
10 VCU vs Georgetown
14 Michigan vs Charlotte
17 Oregon vs San Francisco
19 New Mexico vs Davidson
22 UCLA vs Chattanooga

NCAA Football
1 Alabama vs Chattanooga
2 Florida St vs Idaho
3 Ohio St vs Indiana
4 Baylor vs 10 Oklahoma St
5 Oregon vs Arizona
7 Clemson vs Citadel
8 Missouri vs 24 Ole Miss
9 Stanford vs Cal
11 South Carolina vs Coast Carolina
12 Texas A&M vs 22 LSU
13 Michigan St vs Northwestern
14 UCLA vs 17 Arizona St
15 Fresno St vs New Mexico
19 Wisconsin vs 25 Minnesota
20 Oklahoma vs Kansas St
21 Louisville vs Memphis
23 USC vs Colorado

Hopefully, that is the full correct list, but don't quote me on it if I missed one!
11/23/2013 3:38 AM
Posted by psap on 11/23/2013 1:29:00 AM (view original):
wow.  Good times!  finally some action.
GL final four.

The 4-3 vote for Arfy started said action, but I digress.

11/23/2013 4:55 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 11/23/2013 4:55:00 AM (view original):
GL final four.

Yah, that why it sucks to be out.  Details only known to those still remaining in the game.
11/23/2013 7:55 AM
Since the idols are no longer in play, can you please explain where the basketball idol was hidden and wtf your clues were supposed to mean?
I'll ease your pain:
the obvious is answer is the crashed car from MY GIANT

real world = my favorite season of the real world was washington dc, george muresan was drafted by the bullets
hoya = levar muresan, george's son went to georgetown
death row = simpsons episode "the frying game" where homer is sentence to death row, homer is voice by dan castellaneta who was in my giant
rent a cop= richard masur was in that movie and also starred in forget paris with billy crystal
the best a man can get = razor = blade= steven seagal likes samuri swords
you can do what you want to do= carrie ann inaba was a fly girl on living color and stars on dancing with the stars which ted mcginley was a contestant on while he was also on the west wing which had episodes directed by michael lehmann who directed my giant

Seems pretty obvious, don't know how you guys missed it.
11/23/2013 9:09 AM
also, the follow up clue was star crossed lovers=shakepeare= what george muresan recited in the my giant

I pretty much just handed the idol over at that point.

11/23/2013 9:12 AM
What.In.The.Hell.
11/23/2013 9:14 AM
Aren't some of the Ncaaf games going to be started by the time we find out what bids we won?
11/23/2013 9:25 AM
Ahh I see. Submit the winners too
11/23/2013 9:29 AM
Posted by csudak on 11/23/2013 9:09:00 AM (view original):
I'll ease your pain:
the obvious is answer is the crashed car from MY GIANT

real world = my favorite season of the real world was washington dc, george muresan was drafted by the bullets
hoya = levar muresan, george's son went to georgetown
death row = simpsons episode "the frying game" where homer is sentence to death row, homer is voice by dan castellaneta who was in my giant
rent a cop= richard masur was in that movie and also starred in forget paris with billy crystal
the best a man can get = razor = blade= steven seagal likes samuri swords
you can do what you want to do= carrie ann inaba was a fly girl on living color and stars on dancing with the stars which ted mcginley was a contestant on while he was also on the west wing which had episodes directed by michael lehmann who directed my giant

Seems pretty obvious, don't know how you guys missed it.
Now it all makes sense- that was almost too easy (heavy sarcasm)
11/23/2013 9:38 AM
Posted by psap on 11/23/2013 7:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 11/23/2013 4:55:00 AM (view original):
GL final four.

Yah, that why it sucks to be out.  Details only known to those still remaining in the game.
Basically, the loose discussion was to get rid of raiders at 7, hookem at 6 and Arfy at 5.

But the last time the talk came to eliminate one of his big allies, he had refused to vote for horvie at the last second and we had to go to a tiebreaker.

So, I was fairly certain at five that he would have used the idol he played last night on Arfy (which he would have, he already told me last night), and then one of the three of me, tsut and mb would be screwed. So, we voted with raiders and got rid of Arfy.

He retaliated by getting rid of tsut using hookem, which was possible because Tyson won the immunity challenge and didn't have to worry about himself. He got  a bonus of mb not voting. Otherwise, tsut and I had already discussed voting 2 for hookem, 2 for pola and then if pola had played that idol on hookem, he would have essentially eliminated himself.

I would say it is a fun Final Four on all respects. Tyson and I have been working together since the very beginning but guarding ourselves with other allies because we both never 100 percent trust each other. My biggest ally was tsut and his was Arfy. My secondary allies were mb and raiders (well at least ever sense stalagna threw me tsut, pola and ahrens under the bus) and his at one point was horvie, potentially da_goat as well. I never talked much to either, so I can only be assured on my end.

I have no idea how the next vote will go no matter who wins immunity.

I play the game pretty simply, I want one of my allies or myself to win, because I think it is harder to guarantee a self win (and after the game csudak can confirm that I have consistently said that as long as tsut, pola, me or mb won (once he took stalagna's place at a key juncture) I would be happy. Of course, those opportunities got cut in half last night.

It's a crazy game. Always has been

I laugh at the people who believe Survivor is not about loyalty. It is extremely about loyalty. The tough part is figuring out who everyone is most loyal too. I believe Tyson was most loyal to Arfy and not me, so I engineered Arfy leaving. Tyson responded by believing that I was most loyal to tsut and not him (he was right by the by) and he eliminated tsut.

Win or lose, I think I probably played my best game. If Tyson wins the next immunity, I will probably lose. If he doesn't, after sleeping on it, I will have to vote for Tyson to go home, and I don't know if that will mean anything or not. But rest assured, I don't believe any notion that he wants to sit with me at the final 2. He wants to sit with someone else.

Personally, I think we are going to have a Final three because they are eliminating to eight jurors if we have a Final 2. On the other hand, they may be hoping for a tie so they can have a big challenge at the end.

So, I will now present  the only way raiders and hookem can win this game.

If Tyson doesn't win immunity, I will vote for him. I am stating it publicly and I am expected that if I didn't that no one on the jury should ever vote for me to win.

If both of you vote for him as well and we all get to the Final 3 and I am right, then I think I have a good chance of winning. If we really are going to the Final 2, then beat me at immunity and the two of you vote together to eliminate me.

THAT IS YOUR BEST BET

The only way that hookem or raiders can win is to play each other at the end. I will hold no ill will toward either of you. For the record, if Tyson wins immunity, then you two have to vote with him against me. It is the only way you can win. Then you have to hope it isn't a Final 3 and eliminate Tyson with the next vote.

This is your path to winning. Just remember who was honest with you about that. I hope you both vote with me if Tyson doesn't win immunity. I understand that the tendency from hookem's perspective would be to stick with Tyson because Tyson just saved him, but he did that because of the Arfy blindside, not because he has a loyalty toward you.

Think it through. You have to eliminate one of us and hope it is a Final 2 and then eliminate the other one of us. I am willing to gamble at this point. I am going to take a stab to win now that my alliance is all watching after last night.

Best of luck to all. Fine with finishing fourth to try and come in first.

11/23/2013 12:04 PM (edited)
Geez.  Words cannot explain how annoyed I am I got ousted with the first vote.
11/23/2013 12:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...70|71|72|73|74...87 Next ▸
Survivor XIII: Congrats to the champ DUBS!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.