Posted by tooslim on 10/19/2013 7:42:00 AM (view original):
I could see the need for the game engine to be fixed and the randomness toned down a decent amount. However if these ratings are correct--it is a slap in the face to our current rosters. We recruit players with certain characteristics\ratings so they will be good players. Now a lot of these players just had their value severely slashed. Here are the problems:
1. Speed is not a factor for a Defensive End?
2. Speed has been dramatically decreased as a value for an Outside Linebacker? Has the game engine programmer ever watched a football game in his life? I seriously doubt it.
3. Speed has been dramatically decreased as a value for a Cornerback? See above comments.
4. Technique went from 26% of the CB's value to 8%? So glad I have a lot of high technique CBs on my rosters.
4. Those of us who recruited fullbacks can now think about cutting those players as G\I--which used to be very valuable to a fullback is now a big fat 0 in the new ratings.
There is more but these are the biggest changes I saw and don't agree with.
The HUGE problem is we recruited players because of their ratings and now the value of players has drastically changed. I see no reason whatsoever for the drastic change of values.
Now we are expected to pay for 4 more seasons to change how our rosters are constructed and watch very good players we did recruit become average players.
Maybe I will warm to the new game and then again maybe I will not. Right now I am thinking that I just wasted money on the last 3 or 4 seasons that I have played in 3 different worlds and not sure if I want to start over.
This is why I have said the Worlds need to be rebooted. Let everyone keep the records and what not but reset rosters like it was season 1 of the Worlds so we can build rosters according to the different ratings. However, as usual, Oriole_fan doesn't respond to the question when I ask it.