Thanks guys. I fixed a bigger tackler issue, I'll look into these too. I'll fix the phantom play too. 

Harriswb3, I can confirm that last week there was a giant discrepancy in results depending on defensive calls. Mostly they were on the rushing plays. I've toned that down, and while there is a slight advantage to calling the right play, the play by play is not significant. I'll run the same tests after I fix some of the updates to matchups and make sure that we are not seeing the same thing, but I've taken out the unnecessary checks for defensive play calling.

slid64r, I'm not doing any throttling. I'm investigating the issues with the system, like completion percentage and deep passing anomalies. Fixing those is what is fixing the scoring, not dealing with throttling.

glaity, We have deletion of playbooks on our list of things to do. As soon as the turnover calms down a bit and things get to a more stable place, we'll be looking to upgrade the UI and the deletion of playbooks is near the top of that list. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the input. 

10/28/2013 11:25 AM
Shouldn't all of these been done before the release?  It sounds like they were known issues.
10/28/2013 11:28 AM
One of the things that I think probably needs to be looked at, even if it isn't a "bug" per se, is the distribution of recruits, not only in terms of geographical distribution, but also (and maybe more importantly) the distribution of ratings of recruits at each position, at each level.   Shouldn't the median WR rating be approximately equal to the median DB?   Same with OL vs DL. 
10/28/2013 4:08 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/28/2013 4:08:00 PM (view original):
One of the things that I think probably needs to be looked at, even if it isn't a "bug" per se, is the distribution of recruits, not only in terms of geographical distribution, but also (and maybe more importantly) the distribution of ratings of recruits at each position, at each level.   Shouldn't the median WR rating be approximately equal to the median DB?   Same with OL vs DL. 
Last seasons Yost Guess report for D1a had the 25th overall WR @ 83.28 / the 25th S @ 78.21 & 25th CB @ 75.37....that's pretty significant
10/28/2013 4:21 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/28/2013 10:22:00 AM (view original):
In my exhibition game today, in the scoring summary, there is a phantom single point that shows up at the end.  It doesn't appear in the scoring by quarters at the top, just the summary.

I was your opponent for this one. That is very odd. Also, look at those two special teams returns, is that problem or is my guy Devin Hester?
10/28/2013 9:30 PM
Thought this was fixed but:

11:44 39 3rd & 7

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. Daniel Krause takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense is starting to get pressure on Krause. The defense has heavy pressure on Krause. Krause throws to the wide open Lawrence at the UA 34 (Short) Caught at the 34. Lawrence makes the catch. Cook gets a hand on Lawrence to bring him down at the UA 37 Tackled at the 37 -3 YAC. 2 yard gain.
10/29/2013 12:52 AM
Bump again
11/5/2013 10:16 PM
Had this in another post, but it really belongs here.

It appears there is a phantom 2 points that are added to the detailed box score, but in fact, there was no score and it does not show up in the summary box score either.

3rd Quarter at 6:59

http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=4505516
11/5/2013 10:20 PM
Same game, a blocked punt in the endzone, apparently recovered by the kicking team for a SAFETY.  The 2 points shows up, but the PBP does not indicate the safety, and the detailed box score does not mention the score.

6:23 Own 2 4th & 11

Nichols punts from the RHIT 2. The punt is blocked and downed at the RHIT -12.

10 13

11/5/2013 10:21 PM
Hmmm, thought I saw something similar to this posted previously but can't locate it so I'll post my situation...

Leading game and in Run Clock mode yet my team (Humboldt State) calls time outs???

Humboldt State offensive game plan - WINNING by X or more with X minutes or less - Playbook  Winning - Run Clock

1:11 Own 3 1st & 10   OFF: Notre Dame Box    DEF: 4-3

Christopher Williams rushes up the middle for 2 yards (Joseph Dunn).

27 0
1:08    

Humboldt State calls a timeout - 2 remaining.

27 0
1:08 Own 5 2nd & 8   OFF: Notre Dame Box    DEF: 4-3

Christopher Williams rushes right end for -1 yards (Howard Black).

27 0
1:05    

Humboldt State calls a timeout - 1 remaining.

And because we called the time outs our opponent has a chance for this to happen...

0:04 4 1st & 4

Marvin Rodriguez makes the 21-yard field goal attempt. FIELD GOAL.

This needs to be fixed or what's the point of having a specialty offensive gameplan.

11/6/2013 7:05 AM

My game at halftime today had a much different result.  And in a way, equally strange.  

My Princeton team vs SimAI Jacksonville State.  Near the end of the first half, I'm leading 17-3.  My opponent kicks off after scoring their field goal, and I get the ball at their 49 after a short kickoff and good sized return. 

2:27    

David Shelton kicks from the JSU 35 caught at the P 20. Returned by Matthew Malone for 31 yards.

17 3
2:21 49 1st & 10   OFF: I-Formation    DEF: 4-3

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Long. Matthew Malone takes the handoff and rushes wide. Malone gets to the line. Henderson gets a hand on Malone to bring him down at the JSU 43. 6 yard gain.

17 3
1:55 43 2nd & 4   OFF: Pro-Set    DEF: 4-3

Defense lines up for a run. George McGee takes the handoff and rushes inside. Cox gets a hand on McGee to bring him down at the JSU 38. 5 yard gain.

17 3
1:51    

Princeton offensive game plan - WINNING by 1 or more with 2 minutes or less - Playbook Chew Up The Clock - Run Clock

17 3
1:51    

Princeton defensive game plan - WINNING by 1 or more with 2 minutes or less - Playbook Base Game Plan

17 3
1:30 38 1st & 10   OFF: I-Formation    DEF: 4-3

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Long. Matthew Malone takes the handoff and rushes wide. Malone is stopped behind the line by Johnson for a loss of -1 yard.

17 3
0:47 39 2nd & 11   OFF: Pro-Set    DEF: 4-3

Defense lines up for a run. Blitz by Keen. George McGee takes the handoff and rushes inside. McGee is stopped behind the line by Martin for a loss of -1 yard.

17 3
0:05    

Princeton calls a timeout - 2 remaining.

17 3
0:05 40 3rd & 12

Michael Gonzalez misses the 57-yard field goal attempt.

17 3

So we burn up 2 minutes and 16 seconds in four plays, call a timeout to attempt a field goal.  Yay!  My chew up the clock game plan is working!

But why the hell didn't JSU call timeouts - 3 had all three remaining - to try and get the ball back with time on the clock?

11/6/2013 7:39 AM

Defense lines up for a run. Matthew Grady takes the handoff and rushes wide. Grady breaks through the defense to the outside. Grady breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 5 yards gain. TOUCHDOWN.

Gotta dude named TACKLER playing D but no one on the roster by that name!

11/7/2013 4:18 PM
Once again, AI takes a touchdown off the board to accept a penalty:

1st & 6

OFF: I-Formation DEF: 4-3
Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Medium. Blitz by Ratliff. Rick Jackson takes the handoff and rushes inside. Jackson breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 6 yards gain. PENALTY on SUCB, Defensive Holding, 3 yards, enforced at SUCB 3.
13 34
12:52 3 1st & 3

Defense lines up for a run. Rick Jackson takes the handoff and rushes inside. Jackson is stopped by Reyes at the line of scrimmage. No gain on the play.
11/7/2013 4:40 PM
Shouldn't the penalty be applied in addition to the play?  Shouldn't a facemask penalty be fore 15 yards?

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Long. Anthony Walter takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense has heavy pressure on Walter. Phillips (Brooks) is covered at the SUCB 18 (Medium). Walter throws to the wide open Wilson at the SUCB 19 (Medium). Wilson makes the catch. Wilson is tackled by Love at the SUCB 22 . 7 yards on the play. PENALTY on SUCB, Facemask, 14 yards, enforced at SUCB 15.
13 24
5:03 15 1st & 10

Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Long. Rick Jackson takes the handoff and rushes inside. Jackson is brought down by Decker on a strong tackle at the SUCB 10. 5 yards on the play.

11/7/2013 4:43 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.