Position Roles Are Linked to CoachID vs Team Topic

Just like playbooks....if I make a change on one team's position role page...it shows up the same on my other team's pages.

This sucks unless you are running the same offense/defense on each of those teams....and maybe even isn't that good if you are D3 vs D1A among your different teams.

I certainly would like to be able to COPY from another team under the same userid....but I do NOT want all of these things to be the SAME across all my teams.

10/29/2013 10:51 PM
That's exactly the same depressing problem I have. Run 6 teams entirely differently and any change seems to affect all plans.
My other problem is that on one teams page the name is on the left and the playbook dropdown on the right. Yet on another team the name becomes the playbook and the playbook becomes the name...... any clues?
10/30/2013 8:18 AM
Bump until fixed. I look for different cores in recruits from DIII than I would in DIA.
10/30/2013 12:51 PM
yup -- not digging it
10/30/2013 1:33 PM
Position Roles, Formation and Playbooks are all global now - they are used across all worlds.
10/30/2013 1:40 PM
I think the point is that they shouldn't be.
10/30/2013 5:15 PM
That's great Redhawk if you're running all of your worlds under the same philosophy, but why can't some save function be added to keep the worlds separated? Some of us on offense for example run a more ground based attack in the lower levels than we would in DIA, how are we to separate them or is there unlimited amounts of playbooks you can have and we'll have categorize them accordingly?
This would deal with the playbook issue if so but position roles would still need something to separate worlds/cores.
10/30/2013 5:28 PM
You should have the option to COPY your settings from another team you have, a la Practice Plans, but each world's settings should be unique, IMO
10/30/2013 5:48 PM
You should be abuel to import from world to world only when applied by the coach and not done automaticly.
10/30/2013 7:48 PM
Posted by redhawk_514 on 10/30/2013 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Position Roles, Formation and Playbooks are all global now - they are used across all worlds.
Redhawk:  The point is that we do NOT LIKE THAT.  It is a terrible way to approach it.  All of these items need to be TEAM SPECIFIC, with the option to COPY from one team to another under the same ID.

Bad, Bad, Bad way to do this.

10/30/2013 7:51 PM
Yay for alts, which have suddenly become a necessity once more.
10/30/2013 11:25 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 10/30/2013 7:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by redhawk_514 on 10/30/2013 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Redhawk:  The point is that we do NOT LIKE THAT.  It is a terrible way to approach it.  All of these items need to be TEAM SPECIFIC, with the option to COPY from one team to another under the same ID.

Bad, Bad, Bad way to do this.

I like not having to redo formations for each team. I can kind of see the problem with the playbooks as you only have 1?0, if you are going to supposedly run 6 teams with 6 different offensive identities (I personally call BS on that one--what gainfully employed individual has that kind of time??) . Maybe the option would be to have a certain number of playbooks depending on how many teams you coach?
10/31/2013 1:12 AM
"I like not having to redo formations for each team. I can kind of see the problem with the playbooks as you only have 1?0, if you are going to supposedly run 6 teams with 6 different offensive identities (I personally call BS on that one--what gainfully employed individual has that kind of time??) . Maybe the option would be to have a certain number of playbooks depending on how many teams you coach? "

It's not BS, surely you tinker with your strategy according to draft results and influx of new recruits who become starters, depends on the strength of the side. So you change defensive plan against strong passing opponent in one world but it changes in all worlds, bizarre. The next day in another conference and you're playing the best running offence, change again? surely not?
10/31/2013 2:46 AM
Position Roles Are Linked to CoachID vs Team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.