scouting - "made good strides"...what does it mean Topic

Does it mean he has small room for growth?

Lots of room for growth?

Somewhere in between?

10/31/2013 5:32 PM
From mcbethbr in the GD's Guide to the Game thread pinned at the top:

Scouting Report Messages:

Great potential
1. Sky's the limit (in the AC scouting rreport)
2. Incredible upside potential (in the AC scouting rreport)
3. A truly gifted athlete (in the HC scouting report)

Good potential
1. Above average potential (in the HC scouting report)
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
4. Upside is my middle name (message from recruit) 
5. "improve a lot" (from AC scouting report)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report) 
8. "Good potential for improvement" (from the HC scouting report)
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential:
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
4. My motor never stops running (message from recruit)
5. I give 110% out there (message from recruit)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit) - This should actually be low potential.
7. "Some room for improvement, but not much." (from HC scouting report)
8. "Probably won't see huge improvements." (from HC scouting report)
9. "He seems slow to pick things up in practice." (from HC scouting report)

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).

10/31/2013 5:50 PM
Wait a minute Slid64; frank if he has a scar under his right eye and a patch on his left then offer him a car and do 2 asst phone calls(at the same time) while promising him a soph start with 40% playing time and he will automatically switch to skys the limit. BUT don't forget that the start comes his 2nd year and the playing time comes his first year. 
10/31/2013 7:50 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 10/31/2013 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Wait a minute Slid64; frank if he has a scar under his right eye and a patch on his left then offer him a car and do 2 asst phone calls(at the same time) while promising him a soph start with 40% playing time and he will automatically switch to skys the limit. BUT don't forget that the start comes his 2nd year and the playing time comes his first year. 
I question your motives here. 
10/31/2013 8:43 PM
scouting - "made good strides"...what does it mean Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.